Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mathieu signing has to happen today. Hopefully today. Maybe tomorrow though.

or the next...

Just now, Stark said:

This is a bit crazy... if Rosen or Darnold are available there is no way I take Mayfield. I would take Mayfield if they were both gone, but I don't think I'd trade up to 3 for him.

I have no problem with Rosen over Mayfield but my order is Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen. If we end up with any of the three I will be happy and if we whiff I am not watching next season. Get any one of the top QBs and I will be happy because I refuse to watch McCown and check off Teddy next season.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he was serious about building up the team around Eli, why did he sit on his hands in free agency? 

What do they need to build? Guard and RB.....there's two good ones available! 

Another thing on Rosen, if he’s too edgy and liberal for the Giants, why doesn’t that hurt him with Donald Trump’s hand-picked Ambassador to the UK? 

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

His knees.  His size.  And he's not a traditional nickel corner.  Whatever scheme-it-up situation you want to argue he played @ LSU or on the Cardinals, he's not Aaron Colvin and I don't think you want Mathieu's primary responsibility to be covering the slot WR.  

If we were a team that was close or adamant about going all-in this year, I'd be really excited about this.  But we're not.  

From a strictly entertainment perspective, I'd love to watch this guy every Sunday, but he's not a foundational piece, he's a surplus player; the honey badger is not a starting point for your defense.  He's the cherry on top of an otherwise good defense like the Giants or a defensive wildcard for an all-in-win-now team like the Packers.    

When your quarterback is McCown or Bridgewater, you don't keep a player like this on your roster for ten million dollars a season.  That's what the Cardinals realized.  

Skrine is 5’9 and did just fine as far as sizing up slot WR’s..he’s just a flag machine. I really don’t see your point. We have 45 million and a way to upgrade our Defense. Nothing else matters.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Another thing on Rosen, if he’s too edgy and liberal for the Giants, why doesn’t that hurt him with Donald Trump’s hand-picked Ambassador to the UK? 

I think Woody will trust Macc on a selection. If it came out that Woody forced us to take an inferior QB because of political views he will be crucified in the media. If he stays out of it then all he needs to say is "I let my football guys make the football moves"

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Skrine is 5’9 and did just fine as far as sizing up slot WR’s..he’s just a flag machine. I really don’t see your point. We have 45 million and a way to upgrade our Defense. Nothing else matters.

Because not every player signs a one-year deal.  We will owe this guy money for a while; money that could be otherwise spent (down the road) on more important positions like say pass-rushers, offensive-lineman, and offensive-playmakers of any stripe.  

We just drafted two safeties back-to-back in the first two rounds last year.  We just signed Trumaine Johnson and re-signed Morris Claiborne.  We've spent enough resources on whatever position you want to label the Honey Badger.

Buster Skrine sucks.  Doesn't mean we have to replace him with a ten million dollar a year nickelback (as you label him).

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don't need a play maker when you have Bridgewater...I think. Something like that...unless you have a great defense like the Giants...I think. 

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Because not every player signs a one-year deal.  We will owe this guy money for a while; money that could be otherwise spent (down the road) on more important positions like say pass-rushers, offensive-lineman, and offensive-playmakers of any stripe.  

We just drafted two safeties back-to-back in the first two rounds last year.  We just signed Trumaine Johnson and re-signed Morris Claiborne.  We've spent enough resources on whatever position you want to label the Honey Badger.

Buster Skrine sucks.  Doesn't mean we have to replace him with a ten million dollar a year nickelback (as you label him).

And Cutting buster pays for half of the contract itself lmaooo...keep looking for reasons though. 

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You play a base nickle when you have a Honey Badger. 

It worked pretty well when bowls ran it in AZ. 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Teams play 4-5 DB’s 60% of the time now. It’s the passing era. You only have to pay the man half of that 11 million with cutting Skrine...not seeing the big issue here.

I like the part where you assume the Giants would ever trade with us and give us the chance at a franchise QB so they can watch his success in the local papers for the next decade. 
It's not happening. 

I don’t get this thought process re: the Giants...

So, Gettleman will take a lesser deal from Buffalo just to stick it in our eye? I’m. Not so sure about that. He could trade down to 6 and still get a stud along with probably our 2 2nds this year and another DP next yr...better than 12 and 22 IMO

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And Cutting buster pays for half of the contract itself lmaooo...keep looking for reasons though. 

Cutting Buster Skrine pays $8.5 mil of the contract, unless your saying Mathieu is asking for $17 mil?

6 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Cutting Buster Skrine pays $8.5 mil of the contract, unless your saying Mathieu is asking for $17 mil?

Only save 6mil cutting Skrine.

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Cutting Skrine pays 6 million towards his desired 11 million/year contract.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cutting Skrine pays $8.5 mil in cash spending towards Mathieu's deal and yes shave $6 mil towards the cap space if that's what you meant.

I don't think the honey badger is worth it. Plus we have good players at the safety position. If I spend big money on D I go for a legit pass rusher. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

703AF56A-697C-4700-8025-8BFB09C2589E.jpeg

hahahhahahhahaha ... this will not happen this way.

Edited by Dunnie

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Curry cut anything expect a couple of other big names to be cut. Could be what the Jets have been saving their money for.

I think Curry is the wrong scheme though.

37 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Lee has only 2 years under his contract.  He does not appear extend worthy.  Bring in the Honey Badger, draft a cheaper LB, and play 5 DBs full time.  

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If you think HB can play 4-5 years, investing more in him, keeping him around long term and having a core strong DB unit is not a bad strategy.  

Maye is under contract 3 more years cheap.  Hopefully one of the CBs develop to take over for Claiborne.  it is not a terrible strategy.  

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think the honey badger is worth it. Plus we have good players at the safety position. If I spend big money on D I go for a legit pass rusher. 

There won't be any supply of legit pass rushers to spend anything on. As for the Badger, he played safety as much as he played LB last year and that's just over a 100 snaps. The other 400 came at CB. But in theory your right, however the supply isn't there no matter how much cap space we have. Our next great QB or pass rusher isn't coming from anywhere but the draft.