FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Brees gets 2 years 50 million IF Cousins gets a penny more then 75 million guaranteed from the Jets over 3 years I’m done with this sh*t show of a franchise, Cousins couldn’t hold Brees jocks jock!

Promise?

Just now, Stark said:

yup

Yeah, see, I don’t like making excuses for most coaches especially with the production and surrounding pieces we had around McCown last year, but Trevor Semian and an aging WR corps really doesn’t seem like a fair shake to me. Again, excuses are not to be made because it’s a “Show Me” type of league but Cousins, Johnson, Fitz and Co. sound like a pretty good situation for the once electric Mike McCoy offense. When he was in San Diego, he had a good vertical passing scheme for River, Gates, ect and it worked really well.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just entering this debate here, did the Jets talk to him, or want to talk with him?

Mac talks to everyone.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would we want to pay more? He's the highest paid guard in NFL history

Why would the Jets want to pay more?  IDK maybe to sign the player away from the competition?

Isnt that why were are all jerking each other off over the cap space? 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just entering this debate here, did the Jets talk to him, or want to talk with him?

I never heard a whisper of the Jets being interested in Norwell.   

Which greatly concerns me.  Because sitting with an extra $14MM in unused cap room while Norwell is blasting open lanes for Fournette to run through is going to make me feel really good.   

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

just upgrading any positions on offense.  there are 11 before subs.  it shouldn't be that hard.

Jets could still upgrade at every position on the offense I just don't think there is anybody left that would be a significant upgrade to the offense. Only guy that I've heard on the market that fits this bill is Bryant, there are no RBs, WRs, or OL playing pro bowl caliber football available on the trade or FA market left. 

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

No Income Tax in Jacksonville, better climate and a Championship caliber team..... Go figure:confused:

Just now, nycdan said:

Which greatly concerns me.  Because sitting with an extra $14MM in unused cap room while Norwell is blasting open lanes for Fournette to run through is going to make me feel really good.   

mccags' theory is that you can find offensive linemen and rbs later in drafts.  so unless you're taking a wr or qb there's no reason to overdraft or overpay an offensive player.  let's remember this when they fail to sign cousins, draft chubb and then a cb in the 2nd round.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

When Pacrcells signed Mawae, there was a vast majority fans that were like "who"?

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Brees gets 2 years 50 million IF Cousins gets a penny more then 75 million guaranteed from the Jets over 3 years I’m done with this sh*t show of a franchise, Cousins couldn’t hold Brees jocks jock!

I'm going to hold you to this.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

That would change everything!  So sad guys have to convince themselves overpaying for Meridith is exciting, and smart.

What would you like them to do Lupz. Who do you want to add? Are you sad because Watkins went somewhere else? Is that it?

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would we want to pay more? He's the highest paid guard in NFL history

Well considering the tackle play in the NFL has gone to crap all around over the years . It makes sense to start giving it to great interior guys. 

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

Jets could still upgrade at every position on the offense I just don't think there is anybody left that would be a significant upgrade to the offense. Only guy that I've heard on the market that fits this bill is Bryant, there are no RBs, WRs, or OL playing pro bowl caliber football available on the trade or FA market left. 

which makes us wonder what mccagnan has been planning for the past few months.  he knew who would be available.  he could inquire about anyone to trade for.  he knows which qbs are in the draft.  

at this point unless he's got some deal up his sleeve where he uses cap space and gets creative to trade up to 2 or 3 i'm thinking his smug self will get schooled in FA again and his desperation may not even show up in the first round when he'd rather get blasted than trade multiple picks for a qb.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I've seen some posters suggest this, is he really any good? I thought the Bears had nothing at WR.

He's young and played really well under terrible circumstances. He would be cheap too. I'm not saying break the bank.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, see, I don’t like making excuses for most coaches especially with the production and surrounding pieces we had around McCown last year, but Trevor Semian and an aging WR corps really doesn’t seem like a fair shake to me. Again, excuses are not to be made because it’s a “Show Me” type of league but Cousins, Johnson, Fitz and Co. sound like a pretty good situation for the once electric Mike McCoy offense. When he was in San Diego, he had a good vertical passing scheme for River, Gates, ect and it worked really well.

so aging wr corps isn't fair, yet Fitz is way older than Sanders and Thomas. When he was in SD yeah he had decent offenses and you are using the scheme being utilized for a TE. There is no TE close to what Gates was on the Cards. I dunno seems like you are holding onto past Cards teams abilities and totally discounting the fact that maybe McCoy and rivers were just a good fit. rivers > Cousins.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

What would you like them to do Lupz. Who do you want to add? Are you sad because Watkins went somewhere else? Is that it?

It’s like posters are convinced just because we have money that FA’s have zero choice but to flock to our organization. Quite the opposite, actually. We have no QB to throw them the ball and no one wants to play for a bunch of losers unless they just really want that huge payday.(I.E Browns) Norwell just left a decently successful Panthers team. It makes sense he left for the team that he left for.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

which makes us wonder what mccagnan has been planning for the past few months.  he knew who would be available.  he could inquire about anyone to trade for.  he knows which qbs are in the draft.  

at this point unless he's got some deal up his sleeve where he uses cap space and gets creative to trade up to 2 or 3 i'm thinking his smug self will get schooled in FA again and his desperation may not even show up in the first round when he'd rather get blasted than trade multiple picks for a qb.

He'll go BPA and go Defense again.

Archived