FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rex Tillerson was released this morning.  

He's reportedly happy to be removed from such a dysfunctional organization and is looking forward to a fresh start.

Jetnation breaking football and political news to me today. What a forum.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

On the bright side we could give Cousins $80M year 1 and basically have him on a rookie contract the next 4 years ?

80, 40, 20 so you want to give Cousins 3 years 140 million wow!  I guess you don’t know the rule that your salary can’t be less then half of your previous years salary.

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Brees gets 2 years 50 million IF Cousins gets a penny more then 75 million guaranteed from the Jets over 3 years I’m done with this sh*t show of a franchise, Cousins couldn’t hold Brees jocks jock!

again, ^^ that's NOT the way the NFL works.  Brees is in the final couple years of his career.  Cousins in his prime.  That changes the salary landscape a bit.  You are not being realistic about the age factor and the high probability that Brees took a little less from the Saints than he would have if he changed teams at this stage of his career  The man is entrenched in New Orleans and wanted to remain there. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's reportedly happy to be removed from such a dysfunctional organization and is looking forward to a fresh start.

At this point, I’d welcome some Russian meddling with the Jets.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

80, 40, 20 so you want to give Cousins 3 years 140 million wow!  I guess you don’t know the rule that your salary can’t be less then half of your previous years salary.

Do you like that new hair cut? The sarcasm looks like it took a little off the top.

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Realistically, this whole franchise is a big yawnfest until they sh*tcan mac and Bowles. But then again, ownership clearly has a vision of a defense first team with a run first offense. We've had that guy way too many times for it not to be the case. 

that's fine if they actually invested in an offensive line and rbs.  tanny did that right, they nearly got to the super bowl that way.  but they actually invested in the line.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

If we do sign Cousins to a three year deal people should realize that a contract

of that length would allow us to draft a QB at #6

Good point, but alot of money towards the QB position.  

I would almost give Cousins 2 years or 4+.

Man I hate the Jets 100 million in cap space, no QB, no WR, no OL, no RB. At least none left that are worth signing. Let's go sign a bunch of defensive players to try and make Bowles look like a competent Defensive Coordinator. What a joke.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Also, and not to get political, but did you know that wild UCONN trick-shot QB was 1. Trump’s personal aide and 2. Just got dragged out of the White House over some sh*t that appeared on his background check that was so alarming they didn’t even let the dude grab his coat first? 

Just now, Sully80 said:

Man I hate the Jets 100 million in cap space, no QB, no WR, no OL, no RB. At least none left that are worth signing. Let's go sign a bunch of defensive players to try and make Bowles look like a competent Defensive Coordinator. What a joke.

yea but the front office didn't raise ticket prices so we got that going for us.

Just now, Sully80 said:

not even a rumor of them pursuing anyone except cousins.  maybe mccagnan is really paralyzed until he gets an answer.

Archived