Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


joewilly12
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Marvin Lewis is only NFL coach I've seen here. John Elway's here, so is Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Only front office guy for Browns I've seen is Alonzo Highsmith.

 

OKLAHOMA PRO DAY

Anyone want to bet that the net result of this is that Trevor Siemian is a Jet before lunch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

Giants just got Solder. Hey Rosen.

Most Giants guys seem to really think they're going to pass on a QB.  Solder is 30.  Jonathon Stewart is older.  If it's true, we have to do everything and anything to get up to 2.  Apparently the Giants are very interested in Nelson (G).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, sciond said:

We should draft the one handed linebacker to match our 1 legged QB.....

seriously this is not looking good

Seriously, STFU. Two guys who had gruesome injuries and you’re practically sitting there cracking jokes about them. Have a little bit of class or simply keep your inappropriate thoughts to yourself. You want to bash the team for making stupid moves, that’s fine, but don’t start joking about injuries. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

My comment about Jensen was more -- not sure what is happening with him in the FA market.  Maybe he told us that he is not interested and we moved on to the next option.  .

Just happy that we now have a C under contract.  And his name is not Wesley Johnson

Not only does he, reportedly, have a high asking price but I found this.

Colts have a fine Center.  Word is they want to put Jensen back at Guard and play him at his natural position.  That would explain a ton regarding his market right now.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Most Giants guys seem to really think they're going to pass on a QB.  Solder is 30.  Jonathon Stewart is older.  If it's true, we have to do everything and anything to get up to 2.  Apparently the Giants are very interested in Nelson (G).

It’s one of those things where I’ll believe it when I see it. Gettleman is an old school crank, but I can’t believe they’d start off their regime by leaving three potential franchise QBs on the board for a guard.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

Not only does he, reportedly, have a high asking price but I found this.

Colts have a fine Center.  Word is they want to put Jensen back at Guard and play him at his natural position.  That would explain a ton regarding his market right now.

So both are guards that moved to center. Long has played center longer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So both are guards that moved to center. Long has played center longer

Yes and Jensen didn't exactly light it up when he was a Guard either.  I'm sure the thought process with the Jets was take the guy who is cheaper, has a better + more consistent track record, is a better fit for our scheme, and take it from there. 

No issues from me there.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last time #Jets had big money to spend, Maccagnan went after aging veterans — Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Fitzpatrick, Marshall This year, not so much. Outside of JM, #Jets signings are following ages: Bridgewater: 25 Johnson: 28 Crowell: 25 Long: 27 Williamson: 26

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with you. Selfishly speaking, I want them to preserve resources for next season in the event that Bowles and/or Macc are fired and we’re in a position of having to sell the GM/HC job/s to a group of candidates. I’d think the package of having a bunch of cap space, the first overall pick, and a blank slate at QB is a lot more appealing than no first rounder and a massive investment into an exposed Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield.

I was thinking the same thing.  

The Johnsons should tell MacBowles that 2019 is off limits, except to possibly trade to 2.  If they want to trade the entire 2018 draft to move up, have at it.  But they cannot use any of 2019's picks unless it gets Darnold or Rosen.  

In fact, they should be offering the Giants, right now, their entire 2019 draft.  That gets you Darnold or Rosen.  For that, maybe you let them use the 2019 pick instead.  Otherwise, no.

The Giants have no offensive line.  The Giants do that they likely get Nelson with the Jets pick.  How Giants is the best player in the draft who is an OL who went to Red Bank Catholic?  We can also give the Giants Beachum, Carpenter, Winters and/or Shell, none of whom are great, but are better than what the Giants have.   If we really wanted to be creative, we can sign Solder, pay him a big roster bonus, and then (with his permission) use him in a trade with the Giants, thus basically selling our cap space.  

The Jets 2019 pick should to top 1-3.  The Giants should take that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bottom line with those two Qb deals is they are one year deals. It gives us an inexpensive chance to see what Teddy can still bring to the table, insurance with McCown (who we saw can give you quality starts) and a year to develop a rookie and then start them later in the season or in 2019. It's not a bad plan. So if we draft a Qb we will probably bring only 4 to training camp and that 4th guy will probably be Hack. Petty will be let go or possibly traded before the draft. Hack if he survives training camp would then most likely be on PS. Chances are nobody would claim him if so they have to put him on active roster. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Last time #Jets had big money to spend, Maccagnan went after aging veterans — Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Fitzpatrick, Marshall This year, not so much. Outside of JM, #Jets signings are following ages: Bridgewater: 25 Johnson: 28 Crowell: 25 Long: 27 Williamson: 26

He learned from his mistakes;)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

C'mon! We've got the mother ******* 6th pick! If a team in the top 5 trades with the Jets, they can still get Barkley, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick. Cream of the crop players. Why would you seek a trade with the Bills for the 12th pick when you can get the 6th pick from the Jets? 

I hear you. I just can't escape the thought that this is the Jets, they will find a way to screw it up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s one of those things where I’ll believe it when I see it. Gettleman is an old school crank, but I can’t believe they’d start off their regime by leaving three potential franchise QBs on the board for a guard.

It'd be surprising for sure, but who knows.  Maybe they really do believe in Davis Webb.  All I'm saying is if that pick is for sale, it's a no-brainer.  Go up and get your man (Rosen 💙).

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

It'd be surprising for sure, but who knows.  Maybe they really do believe in Davis Webb.  All I'm saying is if that pick is for sale, it's a no-brainer.  Go up and get your man (Rosen 💙).

so now that the jets have spent a lot of money on FA and the big question is, will the jets trade up for a qb or sit at 6 and 'let the draft come to them' - how much intel do you think you're going to get over the next 6 weeks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Giants do take a QB, it would be the smoke screens of all smoke screens

not really.  but i think buffalo and the giants trade, it makes too much sense for both teams.  buffalo gets rosen or allen, the giants get picks and can beef up the o-line even more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

not really.  but i think buffalo and the giants trade, it makes too much sense for both teams.  buffalo gets rosen or allen, the giants get picks and can beef up the o-line even more.

If that happens and the Browns go Darnold at 1, then we have two spots to try and trade up to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a Mayfield fan and probably Rosen, Allen and Darnold will be taken before #6. But I don't think we should trade up which means giving up part of next year's draft and our 2nd round picks this year. Lamar Jackson could be available and he might end up being the best Qb in the draft. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

so now that the jets have spent a lot of money on FA and the big question is, will the jets trade up for a qb or sit at 6 and 'let the draft come to them' - how much intel do you think you're going to get over the next 6 weeks?

I can't help but feel that the QBs will fall in the draft. Darnold and Rosen have enough going on that will be gone before the Jets pick at 6, but all of the other guys have the types of "concerns" that make them fall in the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

I was thinking the same thing.  

The Johnsons should tell MacBowles that 2019 is off limits, except to possibly trade to 2.  If they want to trade the entire 2018 draft to move up, have at it.  But they cannot use any of 2019's picks unless it gets Darnold or Rosen.  

In fact, they should be offering the Giants, right now, their entire 2019 draft.  That gets you Darnold or Rosen.  For that, maybe you let them use the 2019 pick instead.  Otherwise, no.

The Giants have no offensive line.  The Giants do that they likely get Nelson with the Jets pick.  How Giants is the best player in the draft who is an OL who went to Red Bank Catholic?  We can also give the Giants Beachum, Carpenter, Winters and/or Shell, none of whom are great, but are better than what the Giants have.   If we really wanted to be creative, we can sign Solder, pay him a big roster bonus, and then (with his permission) use him in a trade with the Giants, thus basically selling our cap space.  

The Jets 2019 pick should to top 1-3.  The Giants should take that. 

Good post, as always. The Giants just signed Solder, which moves Flowers to guard. Flowers had been the biggest issue on that line, by far, and they just sort of hid it. The Giants other biggest problem has been Eli, whom I love, but he’s been beaten to death and plays with PTSD now. The Giants, despite their pretty decent offensive personnel, haven’t scored thirty points in two years. I just can’t see a scenario where they think the QB position is solved, but they also can’t outright say they’re gunning for a QB at 2 because it looks sh*tty. We’ll see what they do. IMO, Colts are the better target because they have the QB but need everything else, which is why I think the Bills could conceivably put together the better package.just due to the sheer quantity of picks they could offer.

 

As for the Johnsons intervening to preserve 2019, I think they’re more inclined to do the opposite and mandate a scorched earth policy to sell tickets this year. They don’t strike me as long-range thinkers,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

not really.  but i think buffalo and the giants trade, it makes too much sense for both teams.  buffalo gets rosen or allen, the giants get picks and can beef up the o-line even more.

No way in hell the Giants don't pick up the phone to see what the Jets will offer because the 6th pick in the draft is far more valuable than the 12th pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...