FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
Howard Balzer @HBalzer721

Trumaine Johnson contract worth $72.5M for 5 yrs with $34M fully guaranteed plus $11M in injury guarantees.

Just eyeballing it I'd say it's a 2 year deal with team options after that. I'm a fan of this move, bring back Claiborne and sign the Honey Badger and I'll be happier than a pig in sh*t.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I love how people complain about not making any moves and eating to make moves even if it means overpaying....and so we do exactly that and people still cry, b*tch and moan. STFU.

Dude the night we win the Super Bowl there will be fans on here bitching about something. Book it. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Unlikely he's gonna live up to that contract, but we have enough cash that we're also not gonna get hurt by the deal.  We had some of the worst CB play in the NFL.  It likely won't be the worst anymore.

Meh, I think Clairborne was better than Johnson last year.  Johnson was legit in the, do not touch category.  He's not good.  One of the worst graded corners in the league.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

and he walked...lmfao

CBA is up in 2020, he is going to make far more than we could have really offered. He also took a lower deal that benefits every QB that will come after him. The NFLPA will love him for life, smart move more than anything else. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Kinda glad we didn't land Cousins. I wanted him but the idea of having a rookie QB be our guy is way more exciting and a hell of a lot cheaper. 

Not just that, but the 3 year deal wouldnt help us at all. Im glad Mac offered a 4-5 year, showing he at least understood he isn’t blind to that fact.

If we signed Cousins for 3, in 2 years we’d be in the same position Washington has been in with Cousins the last couple of years.

Just now, JiF said:

Meh, I think Clairborne was better than Johnson last year.  Johnson was legit in the, do not touch category.  He's not good.  One of the worst graded corners in the league.

Mo Clairbore was a penalty machine along with Skrine, Johnson is an upgrade over both. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's not sh*tty. Come on now. 

Yes, he is.  He was on of the worst corners in the league last year.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Mac had to spend some of his money, at least he is under 30. 

I guess...but you dont over spend for sh*tty corners.  We've seen this before very recently. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Johnson is one of the worst corners in the league?! Where's this coming from? 

Just now, JiF said:

Pro Football Focus has Johnson allowing just one touchdown in 932 snaps in 2017. He had two interceptions and defended nine others. Opposing quarterbacks had a 79.8 passer rating when throwing his way in 2017, according to PFF.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Claibrone was good the first half of the season and started to fall apart the second half. I wouldn't mind him back though but Johnson is the better player.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Last season, Trumaine Johnson allowed a 34.8 passer rating on passes his way when in press coverage, while surrendering just 1 TD across 604 total coverage snaps.

You must be thinking of someone else. Or you’re smoking crack. Let’s hope it’s the first !

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Good players at premium positions get huge contracts in unrestricted FA. The Giants just made Nate Solder the highest paid offensive lineman in the league. That's how FA works.

I get that, but that doesnt mean you have to pay them.  Let someone else.

We literally just did this sh*t 3 years ago.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yes, he is.  He was on of the worst corners in the league last year.  

I guess...but you dont over spend for sh*tty corners.  We've seen this before very recently. 

By the time this team is ready to make their run with the rookie QB they draft this year, Johnson will be long gone.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pro Football Focus has Johnson allowing just one touchdown in 932 snaps in 2017. He had two interceptions and defended nine others. Opposing quarterbacks had a 79.8 passer rating when throwing his way in 2017, according to PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

TRUMAINE JOHNSON

Johnson has all the traits of an elite corner, and the fact that he was franchised twice already might suggest he is one, but nothing in our grading agrees with that evaluation. In fact, it can be argued that Johnson was the weak link in the Rams’ secondary at times last year. He gave up at least 79 yards in four separate games and his 759 yards allowed were fifth-most among all corners. He’s a solid starter, but is not worth near what he got paid the past two seasons.

Looks like at this mornings Wolfpack meeting JiF was assigned the task of sh-tting on the TJ signing.  

Apparently his marching orders were to just keep repeating "he's one of the worst in the league" without any evidence to support it.

You go JiF!  Run free!

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Interesting, I literally read the exact opposite. 

I'll have to find the article. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I love how people complain about not making any moves and wanting to make moves even if it means overpaying....and so we do exactly that and people still cry, b*tch and moan. STFU.

Preach, preacher!!!

Archived