FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'll have to find the article.  He gave up the 5th most yards in the league and was beat badly in numerous games. 

Wait he's been beat before?  I was hoping we'd sign the CB who never gets beat.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Last season, Trumaine Johnson allowed a 34.8 passer rating on passes his way when in press coverage, while surrendering just 1 TD across 604 total coverage snaps.

You must be thinking of someone else. Or you’re smoking crack. Let’s hope it’s the first !

I might be but I could have sworn it was Johnson who gave up the 5th most yards in the league. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Looks like at this mornings Wolfpack meeting JiF was assigned the task of sh-tting on the TJ signing.  

Apparently his marching orders were to just keep repeating "he's one of the worst in the league" without any evidence to support it.

You go JiF!  Run free!

JiF always was one of my favorite posters

I blame who fan for how bitter he’s become

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Looks like at this mornings Wolfpack meeting JiF was assigned the task of sh-tting on the TJ signing.  

Apparently his marching orders were to just keep repeating "he's one of the worst in the league" without any evidence to support it.

You go JiF!  Run free!

You've lost all right to have an opinion on anything.

Go away.

This Trumaine Johnson deal scares me.  It is big money and we are basically locked for 3.  He is an older (28) dude, this is the first time he is getting paid and he is coming off a bit of a down season.  I like the guy, but this is a big signing, not an under the radar deal.  I hope they did their homework. 

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

JiF always was one of my favorite posters

I blame who fan for how bitter he’s become

I blame the ilk and their founder Dom Shame...  He used to be logical but he's become nothing more than a parrot for the wolfpack.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I might be but I could have sworn it was Johnson who gave up the 5th most yards in the league. 

Would really need to breakdown when those yards were given up though. The Rams were in extremely high scoring games last year. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those yards came in garbage time in a prevent defense but I honestly didn't watch many Rams games so couldn't tell you. 

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Johnson is one of the worst corners in the league?! Where's this coming from? 

It comes from the lazy and simplistic review of PFF stats and swearing that they are the true

measure of a player

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So he's allowing yards but not allowing TDs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I'll take it.

So, in your mind if a cornerback gives up a 45 yard bomb to the 2 yard line and then that team runs it in, that means the CB was fine because he didn’t give up the TD?!

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is it...

there was another one too.  I'll have to find it.

From what I have read is he is one of the best in the league in press man; but not very good in off coverage.  Also from PFF:

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And if you read the PFF article, it is said that he is a solid player but's he getting overpaid. In NFL FA, every player is getting overpaid

Especially every player that the Jets sign. It is what it is. He had the Gruden lead Oakland Raiders as a potential destination. He came here because we showed him the money. I’d rather have him then have the extra money. We have it to spend not to admire.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, I think Clairborne was better than Johnson last year.  Johnson was legit in the, do not touch category.  He's not good.  One of the worst graded corners in the league.

If you think Claiborne was better than you should expect Claiborne to get about the same contract as Johnson...the reality is he will get far less because he isn't nearly as good and durable. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Especially every player that he Jets sign. It is what it is. He had the Gruden lead Oakland Raiders has a potential destination. He came here because we showed him the money. I’d rather have him then have the extra money. We have it to spend not to admire.

The Giants just gave nate solder 60 million and made him the highest paid OT in the NFL when he isn't nearly the best. These teams get bashed for spending too much and when they are frugal they bashed for sitting on their hands. 

Just now, JiF said:

Thank you for finding these.  I'm terrible with the google.

Pac is literally the biggest moron on this board. 

pretty sure you're the only one saying he sucks but whatever makes you happy..  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

PFF had him rated as the 68th corner out of 121...

PFF gave him a grade of 74 https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trumaine-johnson/7067

PFF gave Claiborne a grade of 48  https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/morris-claiborne/7012

Justin Burris was graded at 38 by PFF

If you add our two starting CBs,  you get Johnson. That's how much better he was than the players we had last year. He's a huge improvement. We overpaid for sure, but we had the cap space to do so. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So, in your mind if a cornerback gives up a 45 yard bomb to the 2 yard line and then that team runs it in, that means the CB was fine because he didn’t give up the TD?!

No you fool, obviously that's not okay. I was joking. Obviously we don't want them to give up any yards or Td's. But unless any of you watched all his games, we don't know what those yards looked like. Nobody is expecting a shut down corner here. I think he struggles in off coverage and good in press. So we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Can you send the link. The grade was like 77.something for 2017 per PFF in the link...there's no way that makes him 68th.

Here's a good ranking with him at 15th, which is probably about right. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754252-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

1 minute ago, JiF said:

To me this is like looking at combine metrics. To get the full picture we probably need to look at the tape and what was asked of him. Given how great he was in press man coverage you'd think he backed off in garbage time. It's basically the defensive version of people using yards to justify Cousins.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Giants just gave nate solder 60 million and made him the highest paid OT in the NFL when he isn't nearly the best. These teams get bashed for spending too much and when they are frugal they bashed for sitting on their hands. 

Yeah, now that’s the signing for a fan to throw a fit about. That’s a terrible contract for a over glorified Left Tackle who didn’t get holding calls because of the Patriot logo on his helmet. He’s older and will not be that good. I can name 15 tackles better than Solder. I’m happy with our signings..and I was on the ledge just yesterday.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF gave him a grade of 74 https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trumaine-johnson/7067

PFF gave Claiborne a grade of 48  https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/morris-claiborne/7012

Justin Burris was graded at 38 by PFF

If you add our two starting CBs,  you get Johnson. That's how much better he was than the players we had last year. He's a huge improvement. We overpaid for sure, but we had the cap space to do so. 

This post is the reason the Jets will never win a Super Bowl.

Archived