FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Giants have turned into star humpers, so I think he goes there. The Giant organization and fanbase is still convinced they can squeeze another SB out of Eli and company.

I think Reese was like that, but I think Gettleman is the opposite of that. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, I think Jones has a lot of room to grow and would be an ideal fill in for Wilkerson. Maybe not the most sacks in his young career but I like the idea of Jones. And agreed...Guy is rightfully GONE if he doesn’t get one of the 3. Seems to have legit interest in Mayfield though. It was thought to be a smoke screen at first but thinking he is getting more and more interested by the day.

All their draft focus seems to be on him and earlier Rosen. At least they're looking at the right guys...

Jones is a quality player and FA target. I'd like one of him or Clayborn and Tyler Eifert. 

Hot take on the FA signings - meh on everyone but Johnson. Crowell does set up the release of Powell, which is something I favored this offseason. Bridgewater's a nice story and a nice lottery ticket signing for a team in this position that will be paid for by cutting Powell eventually. I don't have much rage for the McCown signing, I'm a sucker for strong chins or something. 

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

What if like some, hate some and are meh on others? 

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

History:

50% Haters correct about 95% of the time.

50% Lovers correct about 5% of the time.

Therefor everyone should pay attention to the haters and no one should pay attention to the lovers

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Macc has really turned this around.

The only dark cloud now is the insane report that Mccown has already been named the starter.

that's on Bowles, not Mac.  Mac doesn't decide who starts/sits etc.  All Bowles.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who hates every move?

+1

I knew they would make moves to improve the team and I knew they wouldn't be 0-16.  The problem with the moves made is that without a drafted franchise QB we are, at best, going to end up in the 6-9 win range.  If Bridgewater turns into a true franchise QB, where are we?  Sitting on another guy we have to pay because we know this sh*thead won't redo the deal inside.  Why didn't he do it with Fitzpatrick in 2015 of McCown last year? 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

All their draft focus seems to be on him and earlier Rosen. At least they're looking at the right guys...

Jones is a quality player and FA target. I'd like one of him or Clayborn and Tyler Eifert. 

Hot take on the FA signings - meh on everyone but Johnson. Crowell does set up the release of Powell, which is something I favored this offseason. Bridgewater's a nice story and a nice lottery ticket signing for a team in this position that will be paid for by cutting Powell eventually. I don't have much rage for the McCown signing, I'm a sucker for strong chins or something. 

I’m really hoping Eifert comes here because ASJ is as good as gone and Burton is already signed else where. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I can't get over the McCown deal. Don't ******* tell me you couldn't have persuaded Norwell and Richburg and probably another player they'll miss out on by overpaying them with that money. 

That's some interesting math. $10 million gets Norwell, Richburg (ew), AND another player?

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times (Albright and somewhere else) that Saquon probably doesn’t go as high as people think. 

I have honestly no idea how the draft will unfold. I could see all 4 QBs going top 4. I could see 2 of the top falling out of the top 10. It's going to be the most entertaining draft in NFL history and we are smack in the middle of it. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

+1

I knew they would make moves to improve the team and I knew they wouldn't be 0-16.  The problem with the moves made is that without a drafted franchise QB we are, at best, going to end up in the 6-9 win range.  If Bridgewater turns into a true franchise QB, where are we?  Sitting on another guy we have to pay because we know this sh*thead won't redo the deal inside.  Why didn't he do it with Fitzpatrick in 2015 of McCown last year? 

Myself, I kinda like the moves because they’re mostly young and don’t hinder us from firing Maccagnan in a few months.

+1

newsflash:  even if they trade up for a qb in the first round, mccown is starting half the games at least.  so we're going to win in the 5-6 range if mccown stays healthy and plays like he did last year, b/c the team is getting a talent upgrade.  and if they don't trade up they could win even more games b/c they'll have those 2nd round picks as well as a 1st rounder that plays right away.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

newsflash:  even if they trade up for a qb in the first round, mccown is starting half the games at least.  so we're going to win in the 5-6 range if mccown stays healthy and plays like he did last year, b/c the team is getting a talent upgrade.  and if they don't trade up they could win even more games b/c they'll have those 2nd round picks as well as a 1st rounder that plays right away.

Newsflash?  I said to 6-9 wins.  How is any of this different? My point is 9 wins with McCown is fairly useless. 

Newsflash?  I said to 6-9 wins.  How is any of this different? My point is 9 wins with McCown is fairly useless. 

you wrote that without a drafted franchise qb we will be in the 6-9 win range.  i responded that regardless of whether we draft a franchise qb we will be in this range b/c mccown will start at least half the season anyway and the rest of the roster is better than last year.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What's your point?  What the Rams did does not interest me.  I wouldn't sign a player because the Rams or any other team thinks he is good.  The Rams also feel that they have upgraded at CB. 

Rams are paying less for Peters and Talib duo than we are paying for only Trumaine Johnson

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What does that have to do with signing a sh*tty player for a ridiculous contract? 

I guess Mac wasn't able to sign the best player at every position to fill every need.  Its another completely failed FA

Why is the first day of FA, literally, the same every year?

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer)

3/14/18, 1:19 PM

Cardinals have informed the Tyrann Mathieau The Honey Badger they are releasing him

Go get him, Mcc

Let's get it done! Makes too much sense! 

Safeties - Adams - Maye - HB

CBs - Johnson, Claiborne, HB, Adams 

These guys won't need to come off the field and will have the ability to matchup with almost anyone.

Archived