Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I tweeted to my home boy Jamal Adams and he’s coming thru with the work for us

 

Dude. Let’s get Claiborne back and sign the Badge

Legion of Boom, nah

*FLYING TIGERS* 

ftmfw

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When your coach is a DL savant, you over-invest in DL.

When your coach is a DB, you over-invest in DB.

No coach should ever have to coach up players in their area of specialization.

One of these days we'll get ourselves an offensive coach; I'd be thrilled to overinvest literally anywhere on that side of the ball.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I hope we land a stud QB so people can stop complaining about this guy.

I love the kid. It’s just that he’s not it’s a QB. So yea, get one and then appreciate what we’ve got

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets increased offer to Seferian-Jenkins, who's visiting Seahawks today

The Jets increased their offer to free agent TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins Tuesday night, according to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, who notes that it kept the Jets in the chase, but wasn't enough to head off today's visit with the Seahawks.

The original offer was $8 million for two years, with not much guaranteed.

Seattle is serious about signing Seferian-Jenkins after losing TE Jimmy Graham, a source told Vacchiano. 

According to the Tacoma News Tribune's Gregg Bell,  Seferian-Jenkins is "extremely interested" in playing for the Seahawks, who have just as much interest. He is from the Seattle area, and he recently returned home to workout there this week. He has also said he wants to "win big and win big at home."

He is looking for a short-term deal, so that he can hit free agency again before the age of 30. That could work with the Seahawks estimated $30 million in cap space. The Seahawks are also considering re-signing TE Luke Wilson, who was their No. 2 tight end last season.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-increased-offer-to-seferian-jenkins-whos-visiting-seahawks-today/268605846

Link to post
Share on other sites

And before the "Negative Nellies" jump in to say why is ARZ cutting him if he's so
good?  The reason is their new HC (Wilks) is coming from CAR were he ran a zone based
coverage scheme in their secondary.  Mathieu is best in a press man coverage scheme
were he can float around and cover anybody.  And Bowles designed his position when
he was ARZ DC back in 2013

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Teams do all sorts of silly sh*t with the franchise tag.

They just gave up draft capital for 2 literal psychopaths to pass on Johnson.   That's pretty telling.  

Do you know how much a 3rd consecutive Tag would cost for a CB. Washington had to make the same decision and offer up Draft capital to sign Alex Smith. Your argument is weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets increased offer to Seferian-Jenkins, who's visiting Seahawks today

The Jets increased their offer to free agent TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins Tuesday night, according to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, who notes that it kept the Jets in the chase, but wasn't enough to head off today's visit with the Seahawks.

The original offer was $8 million for two years, with not much guaranteed.

Seattle is serious about signing Seferian-Jenkins after losing TE Jimmy Graham, a source told Vacchiano. 

According to the Tacoma News Tribune's Gregg Bell,  Seferian-Jenkins is "extremely interested" in playing for the Seahawks, who have just as much interest. He is from the Seattle area, and he recently returned home to workout there this week. He has also said he wants to "win big and win big at home."

He is looking for a short-term deal, so that he can hit free agency again before the age of 30. That could work with the Seahawks estimated $30 million in cap space. The Seahawks are also considering re-signing TE Luke Wilson, who was their No. 2 tight end last season.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-increased-offer-to-seferian-jenkins-whos-visiting-seahawks-today/268605846

I said it yesterday and will say, as soon as SEA lost Graham, ASJ to SEA is a lock. Doubt he leaves without a signed offer. No big loss though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Honey Badger is fun to watch.  He's had success in Bowles' defense.  

I don't think it's a wise investment... but we're in this weird situation where there really are no more offensive players out there I'm keen on signing and we still have boatloads of cap space and a poor roster.  

I still think we should punt, though.  The goal of next year should be developing a quarterback (a high first rounder that rides the bench, preferably) and ensure Bowles & Macc get axed.  If that's the case, we shouldn't be handing out big money to Tyran; we don't want to hand our next coach three safeties, one of which is overpaid, the other two who are top picks. 

Exercise discipline.  Pass.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Dude. Let’s get Claiborne back and sign the Badge

Legion of Boom, nah

*FLYING TIGERS* 

ftmfw

feel like we would all have to adopt LSU a college team...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The Honey Badger is fun to watch.  He's had success in Bowles' defense.  

I don't think it's a wise investment... but we're in this weird situation where there really are no more offensive players out there I'm keen on signing and we still have boatloads of cap space and a poor roster.  

I still think we should punt, though.  The goal of next year should be developing a quarterback (a high first rounder that rides the bench, preferably) and ensure Bowles & Macc get axed.  If that's the case, we shouldn't be handing out big money to Tyran; we don't want to hand our next coach three safeties, one of which is overpaid, the other two who are top picks. 

Exercise discipline.  Pass.   

So The Johnson's are going to eat 2 yrs worth of contracts for Mcc & Bowles?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The Honey Badger is fun to watch.  He's had success in Bowles' defense.  

I don't think it's a wise investment... but we're in this weird situation where there really are no more offensive players out there I'm keen on signing and we still have boatloads of cap space and a poor roster.  

I still think we should punt, though.  The goal of next year should be developing a quarterback (a high first rounder that rides the bench, preferably) and ensure Bowles & Macc get axed.  If that's the case, we shouldn't be handing out big money to Tyran; we don't want to hand our next coach three safeties, one of which is overpaid, the other two who are top picks. 

Exercise discipline.  Pass.   

Thing is with all this space, you have to spend to a minimum.  I don't even know who they are going to sign.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Do you know how much a 3rd consecutive Tag would cost for a CB. Washington had to make the same decision and offer up Draft capital to sign Alex Smith. Your argument is weak.

So....why not just sign him?  lmfao  Dude, they literally traded for 2 registered psychopaths to replace Johnson.  My take, is spot on.  Like usual. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

Thing is with all this space, you have to spend to a minimum.  I don't even know who they are going to sign.

I think that's over four years that we've got to spend the minimum - not absolute on that, but reasonably certain. 

 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So The Johnson's are going to eat 2 yrs worth of contracts for Mcc & Bowles?

I don't speak for the Johnsons.  Failure will force their hand, or rather, it should force their hand. 

There's that cliche about every coaching contract is a one-year deal, and while that's probably oversimplified and overused, if MaccBowles lead us to a third 5-11 season, I expect them to get sh*tcanned, agreed?

I want an offensive coach that doesn't lose the locker room year two.  I need a GM that will select premium positions early in the draft and hit on some later round picks.  I don't think I'm being unreasonable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JiF said:

So....why not just sign him?  lmfao  Dude, they literally traded for 2 registered psychopaths to replace Johnson.  My take, is spot on.  Like usual. 

Sorry but you're wrong. The Rams have been making moves to cut salary this offseason because they need space to sign Aaron Donald, you know the first DT to win NFL DPOY since 1999. They COULDN'T pay Johnson and then had to trade for Peters (who is still cheap on a rookie contract) so they wouldn't lose so much talent at CB. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Dumbest ******* team in the league.

Mac: I've written on this piece of paper, a number, chew on that.

Slides the paper across the table. Sefarian stands.

Mac: (pulling another paper from his jacket pocket) Okay, I happen to have another piece of paper.

Sefarian walks away.

Mac: Mull it over. (to Bowles) He'll be back....He's not coming back, is he?

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: Jamal Adams is great and versatile and great and a playmaker and great.

 

Also Jets fans: What we really need now is a hybrid linebacker slot corner.

I’m not sure how much of my enthusiasm is really about moving on from Skrine. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My new Defensive System

The 4-1-1-5

4 Defensive Tackles up front

1 Hybrid speed Middle Linebacker

1 dedicated #1 CB to cover the opponents #1 WR in man

5 Safeties to Play Zone/Range Around Behind the Big Line and Hammer Everyone

 

When this defense inevitably makes it's huge splash, name it after me.  The Warfish Defense!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Sorry but you're wrong. The Rams have been making moves to cut salary this offseason because they need space to sign Aaron Donald, you know the first DT to win NFL DPOY since 1999. They COULDN'T pay Johnson and then had to trade for Peters (who is still cheap on a rookie year) so they wouldn't lose so much talent at CB. 

This guy gets it..... JIF... not so much.:Pain:

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...