FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

You should get a job with the Jets as their TE guy. Give me Ebron. At the very least it's a lateral move, your disdain for Ebron or ASJ crush (or a combo of both) is skewing your opinion. Ebron didn't live up to the hype but he's still young and has put up 3 straight years of 500+ yards, ASJ in the same time while playing hasn't eclipsed 400 yards and he played basically the whole year last year.

Nothing would please me more, my friend. It's position of passion for me. I think i have a pretty good eye for it too. I can't account for substance abuse, suspensions and sh*tty behavior because i'm not in the interviews.

All things being equal, some continuity with ASJ makes far more sense. Ebron isn't going to "develop".. the problem with him is, he's not a very good receiver. That's not going to change, no matter what narrative about contracts, draft position or hype you spin. 

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Color me not-surprised. I remember arguing to the teeth with warfish and woodyallen (where are you?!) on how his hands and sloppy running style would torpedo him in the NFL... I to this day don't understand why many didn't see it that way as well (don't worry, i'm just as clueless with other players -- just saying with THIS particular one, I thought the flaws were sunny-day clear)

This guys was such an obvious bust

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gimme Eifert.

i'm willing to go there. I was all over his stick coming out of ND (I can say that about most of their TEs)... really sucks about his back, but why not right? We have the money. Prove it deal. Seems like it should already be done. 

Plus bring ASJ back :P

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nothing would please me more, my friend. It's position of passion for me. I think i have a pretty good eye for it too. I can't account for substance abuse, suspensions and sh*tty behavior because i'm not in the interviews.

All things being equal, some continuity with ASJ makes far more sense. Ebron isn't going to "develop".. the problem with him is, he's not a very good receiver. That's not going to change, no matter what narrative about contracts, draft position or hype you spin. 

I was pretty impressed with Sterling and Tomlinsson last year. I still think we can improve at TE but ASJ is just not worrh big  money

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

MAye for much longer?

Last I remember he was limping off the field, was already a mediocre athlete, and an older rookie...I believe his shelf life is pretty short unless they surround him with athletes who can cover his flaws. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Some here are acting like we're choosing between ebron and gronkowski. 

ASJ, ebron, eifert... We need someone with upside to compete with the unproven guys on our roster.

If that's your position, then it's Eifert all day long

Archived