FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Other than Crowell has any other offensive skill players signed with the Jets yet?   

going to have to draft those at this point, starting with a quarterback.  that's why not trading up and getting a qb is very appealing, keeping those 2nd rounders.

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If that's your position, then it's Eifert all day long

I am all for Eifert on an incentive laden deal. Worst case, we fall back to the other TEs on the roster. But there is no reason to completely avoid the position in free agency when you whiffed on Cousins and still have plenty of cap space to work with. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

going to have to draft those at this point, starting with a quarterback.  that's why not trading up and getting a qb is very appealing, keeping those 2nd rounders.

If we can get Mayfield at #6 which I think we can, I stay put and keep those 2 second rd. picks for a double OL infusion!

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Risky staying put, if they were sitting at 3 and still had those second round picks how different would this draft look?   Meaningless wins again keep the Jets from being in prime shape for a draft.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Risky staying put, if they were sitting at 3 and still had those second round picks how different would this draft look?   Meaningless wins again keep the Jets from being in prime shape for a draft.  

all i'm saying is that those 2nd round picks could be a rb and wr.  but the qb is more important.

when push comes to shove, if the jets trade up i don't think it's for mayfield, it would be for darnold or rosen.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

all i'm saying is that those 2nd round picks could be a rb and wr.  but the qb is more important.

when push comes to shove, if the jets trade up i don't think it's for mayfield, it would be for darnold or rosen.

Agreed, I want no part of Mayfield in the first round at all.  

39 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'll try and go slow for you but I'm not petting your head....4MM + 30MM = 34MM guaranteed... which is more than 30MM guaranteed... which is more appealing especially front loaded the first two years i.e. 15.5MM > 13.5MM in year 1 and 2...a....  The excercise works for every player the Jets say they couldn't afford....so the $10MM on McCown was a ******* waste and could have been spent better on just about any or every free agent or combination of free agents...insert name here. You can allocate or subsidize that $10MM any which way back into the roster and it'd better spent. 

Alrighty, sounds legit.

Are the Jets claiming they couldn't afford certain players? Boooo that

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They tendered Rontez and now this, meaning the Jets have locked up four safeties. 

Nickel defense Dime Defense then there's the Jets defense fity cent formulated by the great Todd Bowles now all we need is Tyrann and we all set

Archived