FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My god Mingo.  for gods sakes.

I remember people were scratching their heads when we traded Calvin Pryor for Demario "retread" Davis. Now posters are furious we didn't give him a 3 year 24 million dollar deal. 

Mingo is a low risk/high reward player. We aren't trading a 2nd round pick for him, just giving him some spare cash left over from the failed Cousins sweepstakes. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember people were scratching their heads when we traded Calvin Pryor for Demario "retread" Davis. Now posters are furious we didn't give him a 3 year 24 million dollar deal. 

Mingo is a low risk/high reward player. We aren't trading a 2nd round pick for him, just giving him some spare cash left over from the failed Cousins sweepstakes. 

people are furious? i know i have only been in here sporadically but I am not seeing the outrage

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

going to have to draft those at this point, starting with a quarterback.  that's why not trading up and getting a qb is very appealing, keeping those 2nd rounders.

The question is, do you get the guy you want at 6 or just the guy everyone else didn’t like.

So if you like one or two guys better than the other two, do you risk Den, or worse, the Dolphins or Bills jumping up to get them?

Just now, Pcola said:

The question is, do you get the guy you want at 6 or just the guy everyone else didn’t like.

So if you like one or two guys better than the other two, do you risk Den, or worse, the Dolphins or Bills jumping up to get them?

my hunch based on no inside info unlike mogglez, is that mccags would trade up for darnold or rosen if either made it to 3.  this probably means buffalo traded up for allen or cleveland took him.  but if darnold/rosen go 1/2, i'm not sure mccagnan would want to burn all those extra picks for allen or mayfield.  i could be wrong, he could be playing coy and then goes for broke b/c his job is on the line.  

i will say that he could draft allen and sit him all year with mccown and teddy, though.  it would be a full waste of a draft pick in 2018, though, and i don't know if his rep. could withstand this.  his mantra seems to be, draft guys in the first round who have low bust potential and can contribute right away, and rosen and darnold fit that mold way more than allen.  

as for mayfield, i can see them drafting him at 6 but i can't see mccagnan giving up the farm to move to 3.

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Don’t bother, these guys are goobers.

You said he cant catch . Statistics proved you wrong.  Nobody every said he was scatback or elusive but he can catch . We all know he is a power style back . 

3 minutes ago, morny said:

Wouldn't mind us bringing in Brandon Coleman. Decent, big threat and always done well for Saints. Shouldn't cost the earth either

Really liked him coming out of college and was annoyed we didn’t go after him as a UFA and Wasn’t surprised he did well in NO.....like him but he did have a couple if poor drops against us last year. Worth a look

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

I prefer Terrel Pryor over Brandon Coleman, at least he broke 1,000 yards once, with Josh McCown to boot. 

Fair dos. Suppose would be another QB ahead of Hack on the depth chart....

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

I prefer Terrel Pryor over Brandon Coleman, at least he broke 1,000 yards once, with Josh McCown to boot. 

Yeah i think hes got the most upside out of the guys who are left. Cant be too much money either. 

Jets have been somewhat quiet this afternoon. ?

Archived