FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

my hunch based on no inside info unlike mogglez, is that mccags would trade up for darnold or rosen if either made it to 3.  this probably means buffalo traded up for allen or cleveland took him.  but if darnold/rosen go 1/2, i'm not sure mccagnan would want to burn all those extra picks for allen or mayfield.  i could be wrong, he could be playing coy and then goes for broke b/c his job is on the line.  

i will say that he could draft allen and sit him all year with mccown and teddy, though.  it would be a full waste of a draft pick in 2018, though, and i don't know if his rep. could withstand this.  his mantra seems to be, draft guys in the first round who have low bust potential and can contribute right away, and rosen and darnold fit that mold way more than allen.  

as for mayfield, i can see them drafting him at 6 but i can't see mccagnan giving up the farm to move to 3.

I tend to agree that we really shouldn’t trade up for anyone other than Darnold or Rosen. I highly doubt Buffalo is taking Allen.  They have zero at QB right now and trading a ton of their picks for a guy that won’t be ready to start for at least a season or two, won’t help them.  They are trading up for Rosen or Darnold.  Both Buf and the NYJ are probably targeting Indy if the NYG pass on a QB or if Cle does something bizarre at #1.

If so, Indy is going collect a huge ransom for that pick.  Let’s hope they really want Chubb.  But since they haven’t signed a single player yet, they may need all the picks they can get, making Buf the better move.

55 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo 

TE Luke Willson on his way to visit the Panthers tonight. Possibly moving on after five years with the Seahawks.

I really liked him during his draft year. He had a very strong pro day:

At Rice's pro day, Willson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 and 4.46 seconds. He had a 38-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-2 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.28 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.04 seconds. He performed 23 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. All of those totals would have been among the top 10 in his position group at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/luke-willson?id=2541199

Also, Willsons with two Ls are so hot right now:

https://twitter.com/kg_holler/status/973663249823617024?s=20

Hansel

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jets Fa news slowing down. Probably catch one or two more signing later on today.. hopefully soon.

Yeah seriously.

i mean if leggett played in any game slast year and showed promise id be cool with TEs we got

if enunwa was not dead last year wed be good at wr

if we had any olb who could get to the qb

if anyone showed signs of CB2 potential

etc

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

Yeah seriously.

i mean if leggett played in any game slast year and showed promise id be cool with TEs we got

if enunwa was not dead last year wed be good at wr

if we had any olb who could get to the qb

if anyone showed signs of CB2 potential

etc

Looking forward to a TE or WR signing. Would like Ebron or Pryor. Not even going to lie about it though ... really want to see Honey Badger in green and white.

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

You said he cant catch . Statistics proved you wrong.  Nobody every said he was scatback or elusive but he can catch . We all know he is a power style back . 

Jesus Christ, I can’t even exploit this for laughs.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

which is why crowell got paid what he's getting paid.  

remember, is this the scheme where denver had 1,000 yard rushers who were no-names?  

Yea, I get it. I like the signing. I think he’s a perfect fit for 1-cut zone blocking scheme. I was just making it clear to the doors claiming we got a bargain that guys that are 90% runner, 10% receiver are worth less than guys who are 50/50, because the latter gives the offense more flexibility, and mismatches. It’s just a reality if the NFL becoming pass first.

These dorks want to argue semantics now over ‘can’t catch’ because he’s had a couple catches. Just watch the guy play, he’s not a receiving back. Neither is Legarette Blount, but sometimes he catches some. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a grinder.

Archived