joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Aqib Talib being traded to the Rams

The #Rams and #Broncos have finalized a deal to send CB Aqib Talib to Los Angeles, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV.

A fifth round pick was the price.   That was the same price that the Macc paid for the scrub CB from SF that was at risk of being cut midseason.

Rams going all in. With Seahawks turning over the roster, it’s their time to be on top for a while. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I think they are going for Keenum

We’ll see!

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

A fifth round pick was the price.   That was the same price that the Macc paid for the scrub CB from SF that was at risk of being cut midseason.

Talib comes with a hefty tag though, so your comparison is invalid.

To be precise, a 12m dollar cap hit per spotrac

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Talib comes with a hefty tag though, so your comparison is invalid

Not to mention he’s 32

Why the hell anyone would want the Jets to go after these aging stars when they just spent an offseason shedding these kinds of players to field the youngest roster in the league is beyond me.

Cousins at 29 is literally the oldest guy that the Jets should try to bring in.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Not to mention he’s 32

Why the hell anyone would want the Jets to go after these aging stars when they just spent an offseason shedding these kinds of players to field the youngest roster in the league is beyond me.

Cousins at 29 is literally the oldest guy that the Jets should try to bring in.

The Rashard Robinson deal was not good, but using this to prove that was stupid

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The Rashard Robinson deal was not good, but using this to prove that is stupid

Fair enough - The comparison was not good.   I meant to illustrate that the Macc has a penchant for trading low picks for players where the value may not align.  I was not trying to advocate that the jets should trade for Talib.  Nevertheless, good points about contract value.

• Like 1

If the Jets tried to trade Darron Lee, what do you think the return would be? Could you get a third rounder? 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets tried to trade Darron Lee, what do you think the return would be? Could you get a third rounder? 

Same price as ogletree, lee and a 7th for a 4 and a 6

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They should do that. There are a mess of good ILBs in this draft class that I’d like.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So sad, whatever the Cowboys offered for that pick to try, and move up for Paxton Lynch that we turned down was to much.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Lee is much cheaper than Ogletree, but he is not as good a player.  

Maybe a 3rd.

12 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Fair enough - The comparison was not good.   I meant to illustrate that the Macc has a penchant for trading low picks for players where the value may not align.  I was not trying to advocate that the jets should trade for Talib.  Nevertheless, good points about contract value.

That's okay. I didnt think you were going there

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dolphins are cutting Suh now. Tannenbaum is an absolute arsonist.

Suh's career has been one big fart. 

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So sad, whatever the Cowboys offered for that pick to try, and move up for Paxton Lynch that we turned down was to much.

Where did you hear this? Never heard it before?

1 hour ago, King P said:
ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

And another CB deal: Panthers trading CB Daryl Worley to Eagles in exchange for WR Torrey Smith, sources tell ESPN. Trades continue....

12:30 PM - 9 Mar 2018

Cam needs wepinz 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Meanwhile at Jets camp we watch grass grow..............(we have nothing to trade) 

Image result for grass picture

The Jets are rebuilding.   They do not have any veterans to trade out-those guys were cut last year instead of trading-probably not much trade interest.  

GENERALLY, trades for players will not work, as the remaining contracts are too short.  

Yes, the Jets paid the price for the marijuana candy CB as the Rams paid for Talib.  Jets actually paid more-higher pick.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The Jets are rebuilding.   They do not have any veterans to trade out-those guys were cut last year instead of trading-probably not much trade interest.  

GENERALLY, trades for players will not work, as the remaining contracts are too short.  

Yes, the Jets paid the price for the marijuana candy CB as the Rams paid for Talib.  Jets actually paid more-higher pick.  

I am in agreement that the Jets don't have much to trade - Wilkerson was probably the last chance.  Maybe they can move Carpenter.  

OTOH, I do not agree that trades for players generally do not work. I feel that thinking is antiquated.  The Eagles got Darby, Ajayi and Jernigan through trades.  The Pats got Cooks, Allen, Dorsett and Bademosi.  Jags got Daerus.  The times have changed, and teams will move guys that don't fit their system or when they have a surplus at a position - the way we should have with Richardson and Wilkerson. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mike Evans just got a stupid amount of money for a guy who can’t catch.

Yeah.  Last year was probably the time to redo your WR's contract with the 2014 class coming up.  Beckham's deal will have to top this, but everybody's price will be going up.  Megatron should make a comeback - what's he worth?  $25M per?

Roger Goodell made almost $35 million in 2014 alone for helping the sport generate $13 billion in revenue, and that's just what they report considering citizens bought almost every team a stadium in the past 30 years. Just hoping to add some perspective in an offseason this board will get every opportunity to whine about the contracts players are signing.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Roger Goodell made almost $35 million in 2014 alone for helping the sport generate $13 billion in revenue, and that's just what they report considering citizens bought almost every team a stadium in the past 30 years. Just hoping to add some perspective in an offseason this board will get every opportunity to whine about the contracts players are signing.

Yeah, because there's nothing better than whining in advance about potential future whining.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, because there's nothing better than whining in advance about potential future whining.

i thought that's what all the cousins threads were for.

Jarvis Landry traded to the Browns for two Draft Picks.... details to follow per NFL Network

Browns deal for Landry but for me the bigger news is Miami getting two picks and more ammo to move up for a QB.

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If the Jets spend 150 million the next 2 years on player contracts including 35 mill per season on a QB guess who is gonna flip that bill in an increase of Season Ticket Prices?

The Mike Evans contract just gauranteed that Odell gets f*cking PAID.  Dude might actually come close to the numbers he wants.

Also, this bodes well for us in our pursuit of Allen Robinson.  Very few teams in pursuit of him have the financial type of flexibility that we do.

• Upvote 1