FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, Pcola said:

This works in our favor.  GB has to reserve the funds in case Chicago declines to match. Chicago has already said they would match.  But if Chicago waits until the last day, that’s 5 days GB can’t make any offers with that $$.

So unless Mathieu wants to wait another week, both Chi and GB are out.

Bears already matched per Rapoport

The #Bears are matching the #Packers’ offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, sources said. Fuller stays. It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I agree that I’d take Nelson over Allen there. 

What do you think of Lamar Jackson? Not at #6 but in general. 

39 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

We already have him if Bridgewater is healthy....

I’d be okay with Jackson it took me a while to come around on him but after watching him a bunch more I think that he would do well here and I think most people underestimate his throwing ability. He needs to clean up his footwork and base but the rest of him is pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Bears already matched per Rapoport

The #Bears are matching the #Packers’ offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, sources said. Fuller stays. It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term

It was put out on NFL TOTAL access that the Bears intended to match.  Not sure what the rush would be to get the paper work to the league office.  Make them squirm and tie up their cap dollars while the free agents go elsewhere.

I didn’t realize that they had officially matched yet.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Eli would never”dictate”anything. Too classy of a team player. Look how he handled the benching for Geno. Mara/fans were furious. Cost the coach his job! You think the Giants want that type of chaos? They’re better taking Faulk later to groom

Oh how easy we forget.....well, SD fans might not have forgotten yet. Agenda is a word seemingly forgotten from our language and yet never has it been more in the forefront of our minds. Class takes a backseat as history tells us.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

All good. Lots of money for him to. Highest paid Center now. I see why we went with Long.

Agreed.  I was hoping maybe we could still find away to get Jensen on board and kick Long over to guard.  Then move Carpenter for a pick.  Not gonna happen now.

Just now, Lith said:

Agreed.  I was hoping maybe we could still find away to get Jensen on board and kick Long over to guard.  Then move Carpenter for a pick.  Not gonna happen now.

Tbh I really still want to let Carpenter go anyway but that probably won’t happen unless we get a quality G in the draft.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tbh I really still want to let Carpenter go anyway but that probably won’t happen unless we get a quality G in the draft.

Mewhort is still out there.  As is Pugh, I think.  I don't really see the point of a guy like Carp in a zone blocking scheme.  May still be a move in FA -- or the draft.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Mewhort is still out there.  As is Pugh, I think.  I don't really see the point of a guy like Carp in a zone blocking scheme.  May still be a move in FA -- or the draft.

I agree..might as well move em’ for a pick or just cut him and get a few extra bucks. Is Pugh a power blocker? I thought he was.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I’d be okay with Jackson it took me a while to come around on him but after watching him a bunch more I think that he would do well here and I think most people underestimate his throwing ability. He needs to clean up his footwork and base but the rest of him is pretty good. 

id MUCH rather trade down for a 1 next year ... take an edge rusher in one and falk in 2 than take Jackson in the first.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

id MUCH rather trade down for a 1 next year ... take an edge rusher in one and falk in 2 than take Jackson in the first.

If you didn’t read the previous post you would know it says not at 6. 

Archived