FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

means jets were not willing to give him any more (or barely more) then theyre paying skrine

hehehAHEHAHEHAHHHEHHEHEHHHAAHHHhahhaaha woo

I'd bet we offered more but not what he was looking for. He's going to do well in Huston and will cash in next year.

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there was anything that points out what a damn troll farm this place is it's that

2 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

Since we lost out on the badger I hope now we can go after a WR or 2. Preferably Jordan Matthews who is still available. Would love him for the slot

I think we will stay out of the WR market unless Enunwa can't play. At this point I kinda hope we roll cap over into next year.

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd bet we offered more but not what he was looking for. He's going to do well in Huston and will cash in next year.

Very good D, young franchise Qb in the making with some talent on the outside and a good OL. Have a good season and get payday next year at 26

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Very good D, young franchise Qb in the making with some talent on the outside and a good OL. Have a good season and get payday next year at 26

in other words, he didn't care about winning at all. he wanted to procure the best stats and move on. not that i blame him. but hes full of it

Just now, BrickTamland said:

in other words, he didn't care about winning at all. he wanted to procure the best stats and move on. not that i blame him. but hes full of it

Win where? The 3 teams in the running were Jets, Giants and Texans. I think he went with the winning hand

19 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there was anything that points out what a damn troll farm this place is it's that

Image result for ant farm pics

Am I missed something? 50 million in space and we can’t beat 7million over 1 year!? Is Mike M this gutless? Help me understand 
It's not that we couldn't. We chose not to.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Because we didn't really want him. 

While I succumbed to the honey badger mania, now that the dust has settled, I realize he was over hyped (the contract he signed is proof of that) and the Jets have already addressed the secondary with drafting two safeties last season and signing both starting CBs this free agent period along with a back up safety. The secondary is complete. They are, and should be, spending time on other areas where they have real needs.

31 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

While I succumbed to the honey badger mania, now that the dust has settled, I realize he was over hyped (the contract he signed is proof of that) and the Jets have already addressed the secondary with drafting two safeties last season and signing both starting CBs this free agent period along with a back up safety. The secondary is complete. They are, and should be, spending time on other areas where they have real needs.

Exactly.  The defense needs pass rushers now, that's pretty much it.  The focus is finally going to turn to offense, and i think mccags is saving cap space for after the draft and TC when he can see what qb he added and how much draft capital he had to spend to get one.  

31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Exactly.  The defense needs pass rushers now, that's pretty much it.  The focus is finally going to turn to offense, and i think mccags is saving cap space for after the draft and TC when he can see what qb he added and how much draft capital he had to spend to get one.  

Luckily there are 0.0 pass rushers left in FA and Macagnan neglected the offense again as we have donut at WR and TE

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

anyone have a live list of top remaining free agents ... specifically OL guys ?

we can cross Ryan Jensen off the list.  The Ravens have made Jensen the highest paid interior lineman in the league.

29244366_2241747572505814_63773748321866

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Luckily there are 0.0 pass rushers left in FA and Macagnan neglected the offense again as we have donut at WR and TE

With enunwa returning you have your starting 3 wrs along with Hansen.  TE needs an upgrade and I expect them to draft one.  But this draft is all about qb.  I'm not upset if they don't fill every single need.  

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

With enunwa returning you have your starting 3 wrs along with Hansen.  TE needs an upgrade and I expect them to draft one.  But this draft is all about qb.  I'm not upset if they don't fill every single need.  

Enunwa just had a potentially career threatening neck injury asking him to survive a 16 game schedule as the #1 WR is asking a lot 

DOnt be shocked if Q and Bridgewater are both on IR by week 10

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Enunwa just had a potentially career threatening neck injury asking him to survive a 16 game schedule as the #1 WR is asking a lot 

DOnt be shocked if Q and Bridgewater are both on IR by week 10

Anderson came out of nowhere.  Decent wrs can be found.  Decent qbs are much harder.  I'm really not that concerned about the wrs right now when we have no qb.  If they can get the qb position solidified, then if the worst case is that next offseason they make wr a priority, I'm ok with this.  

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Anderson came out of nowhere.  Decent wrs can be found.  Decent qbs are much harder.  I'm really not that concerned about the wrs right now when we have no qb.  If they can get the qb position solidified, then if the worst case is that next offseason they make wr a priority, I'm ok with this.  

Anderson was rare the last time we had a wr come from out of nowhere was 23 years ago with Wayne Chrebet 

WR is the second or third most valuable position in today’s nfl and we have $60 million in cap room and the big plan is hope we find another fluke WR from the temple football factory?

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If Anderson is playing this year and can improve we have good enough WRs to be competitive but the offseason is far from over, there's more FA, there will be surprise cuts, there is still the draft.  It is vital we get a long term answer at QB this offseason, teddy gives us 1 chance and the top pick will give us another.  if one of those 2 pans out we will be in great shape for many years to come.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If Anderson is playing this year and can improve we have good enough WRs to be competitive but the offseason is far from over, there's more FA, there will be surprise cuts, there is still the draft.  It is vital we get a long term answer at QB this offseason, teddy gives us 1 chance and the top pick will give us another.  if one of those 2 pans out we will be in great shape for many years to come.

Robby is getting a minimum 6 game suspension IF he plays next year

Our offense might not average 10 points per game

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Big Picture.

Brian Costello whining today Cousins turned down NY. What he and many others are not getting is the hassle and cost of NY aren't worth it. And the rest of things are homogenized anyway. Once you go out into the vast middle of the country, it's all the same. Kevin Durant, Leborn James and Peyton manning became cultural icons in OKC, Cleveland and Indianapolis. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Big Picture.

Brian Costello whining today Cousins turned down NY. What he and many others are not getting is the hassle and cost of NY aren't worth it. And the rest of things are homogenized anyway. Once you go out into the vast middle of the country, it's all the same. Kevin Durant, Leborn James and Peyton manning became cultural icons in OKC, Cleveland and Indianapolis. 

Trying to think of the last veteran player who signed here whose career didn’t suffer because of it. Bart Scott, I guess.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Trying to think of the last veteran player who signed here whose career didn’t suffer because of it. Bart Scott, I guess.

McCown and Fitz's bank accounts have been greatly improved. Careers come here to end. It's the last contract stop for guys on the way out. 

Archived