FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Maybe Kearse .. he had a really good year last year. Fitzpatrick ... had a great year. McCown had a really good year last year. Faneca was great while he was here .. but he was nearing the end anyway. Favre had a good year. 

Just sayin.

Kevin Mawae comes to mind too.  Jumbo Elliott had a good 4 yr run at the end...

I kind of like Pryor, but he was a target hog. He was around 55% his good year and very similar last year.  He broke 1,000 yards in 2016, but that was barely and on 140 targets.  Seems like a fairly high upside guy if you get him cheap enough, but he is 28 and coming off a pretty poor season.  Maybe it was his ankle, but I doubt it.  I read the Browns were looking to have him back.

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Indianapolis Colts (@Colts)

3/19/18, 8:53 PM

We have signed TE Eric Ebron: indcolts.co/JeKLMv

Welcome to the family, @Ebron85! pic.twitter.com/nZJwwiVygx

Well damn..I guess we aren’t using tight ends again or something lmao..this is kind of annoying now.

NO Tight End at all?

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well damn..I guess we aren’t using tight ends again or something lmao..this is kind of annoying now.

NO Tight End at all?

I thought Sterling flashed the limited time he was out there. Leggett is coming back. Draft has some 3-4th round types. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

I thought Sterling flashed the limited time he was out there. Leggett is coming back. Draft has some 3-4th round types. 

I hear Sterling is more of a WR though? Leggett is a pure unknown. 

I would too like 3-4th rounder. There has to be some reason we didn’t sign a FA.

Has to be 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

I would too like 3-4th rounder. There has to be some reason we didn’t sign a FA.

Has to be 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has to be 

Yeah but Ebron is more of a Wr also...

From last year:

• Ebron improved as a receiver in 2016 (72.3 receiving grade) but was graded as the worst run-blocking TE in the NFL (29.6 run-blocking grade)

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has to be 

Neal Sterling was a WR all through high school and college at Monmouth University, drafted by Jacksonville they bulked him to TE size he can be either or and he's got great hands and makes things happen with the ball in his hands. Expecting a huge breakout year from him this upcoming season. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Neal Sterling was a WR all through high school and college at Monmouth University, drafted by Jacksonville they bulked him to TE size he can be either or and he's got great hands and makes things happen with the ball in his hands. Expecting a huge breakout year from him this upcoming season. 

I like the way he played towards the end of the season. We will see what he can do next year.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hmm. Wouldn’t be a terrible group.

Kearse

Pryor

Anderson

Enunwa

Stewart

Hansen

Genuinely interested in seeing the progress of Stewart and Hansen this year.  Since Karl Dorrell has arrived, we've already seen two young WRs (Enunwa, Anderson) improve drastically from year 1 to year 2.  I don't think it's coincidence that Kearse had a career year with us either; especially since he showed massive improvement in his catching ability and route running by the end of the year.  Those were two things he struggled with quite a bit in Seattle.  Now of course, our WR corps being thrown to the wolves and getting a large number of targets certainly helped them put up numbers, but I don't think anyone expected any of what we have gotten out of these guys so far. We might actually have ourselves one hell of a WR coach.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I like the way he played towards the end of the season. We will see what he can do next year.

I'm pretty sure he had the most yards in one game of all our TE last year....with petty as QB!

31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Genuinely interested in seeing the progress of Stewart and Hansen this year.  Since Karl Dorrell has arrived, we've already seen two young WRs (Enunwa, Anderson) improve drastically from year 1 to year 2.  I don't think it's coincidence that Kearse had a career year with us either; especially since he showed massive improvement in his catching ability and route running by the end of the year.  Those were two things he struggled with quite a bit in Seattle.  Now of course, our WR corps being thrown to the wolves and getting a large number of targets certainly helped them put up numbers, but I don't think anyone expected any of what we have gotten out of these guys so far. We might actually have ourselves one hell of a WR coach.

I’m wondering how much some of that goes to Morton, who was the receivers coach on the Saints where guys like Willie Snead became stars. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m wondering how much some of that goes to Morton, who was the receivers coach on the Saints where guys like Willie Snead became stars. 

Being the receivers coach on the Saints is a job they could have outsourced once they upgraded to Keurig.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know where John Morton is right now?

Neither does anyone else.

Archived