FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Our current OC was sleeping in a ******* tent when we hired him

taking a couple years off to find peace with yourself is commendable.  i'd do it if I could but someones gotta pay the Netflix bill.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

taking a couple years off to find peace with yourself is commendable.  i'd do it if I could but someones gotta pay the Netflix bill.

This makes me sad because now I want to know who’s going to pay for Jeremy Bates’ Netflix next year.

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I kind of like Pryor, but he was a target hog. He was around 55% his good year and very similar last year.  He broke 1,000 yards in 2016, but that was barely and on 140 targets.  Seems like a fairly high upside guy if you get him cheap enough, but he is 28 and coming off a pretty poor season.  Maybe it was his ankle, but I doubt it.  I read the Browns were looking to have him back.

AND, those were mop up yards.  Prevent defenses make for some good stats.

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hear Sterling is more of a WR though? Leggett is a pure unknown. 

I would too like 3-4th rounder. There has to be some reason we didn’t sign a FA.

Has to be 

That’s why we signed Tomlinson back for blocker reasons.. with Eifert, Ebron , ASJ off the board anyone left out there worth it ? 

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

3/20/18, 10:12 AM

Jaguars are releasing WR Allen Hurns, per source. Strong market expected for him.

Very surprising thankfully we have a lot of cap space left, he should be a priority

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Very surprising thankfully we have a lot of cap space left, he should be a priority

I agree, still very young at 26 years old. His last 2 years have been "down years" any particular reason he has struggled? injuries? Bortles? etc..

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is a time upgrade.

It's also a serving upgrade. Tough to make one cup of coffee in a normal coffee pot. That's where Keurig is a lifesaver. 3pm and you need that boost to get you through the day...... Bam!! 2 minutes later I.m good to go:cheergal:

On the NFL's agenda for next week's owners meeting: A vote on a proposal from the Jets to make pass interference a 15-yard penalty, per the doc, "unless the foul is determined to be intentional and egregious by the officiating crew."

Not including the Spencer Long contract, the #Jets have ~$44.5m in salary cap space, per OTC. $8.48m will be dedicated to the rookie pool, giving the #Jets ~$36m left

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

On the NFL's agenda for next week's owners meeting: A vote on a proposal from the Jets to make pass interference a 15-yard penalty, per the doc, "unless the foul is determined to be intentional and egregious by the officiating crew."

Not including the Spencer Long contract, the #Jets have ~$44.5m in salary cap space, per OTC. $8.48m will be dedicated to the rookie pool, giving the #Jets ~$36m left

lol, the Skrine Addendum 

10 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So instead of a spot foul?  If I'm reading this correctly....A PI foul that takes place like 35 or 40 yards down the field would result in a 15-yard penalty UNLESS it's considered "intentional and egregious" by the official in which case it would stay a spot foul?

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So instead of a spot foul?  If I'm reading this correctly....A PI foul that takes place like 35 or 40 yards down the field would result in a 15-yard penalty UNLESS it's considered "intentional and egregious" by the official in which case it would stay a spot foul?

They can't have guys tackling receivers down field if they are beat, if they do it should be a spot foul but the incidental contact that leads to a PI should be 15.  I like this change if that is how it goes.

21 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This 100% needs to happen the duck and chuck and pray for a flag has to stop.

Connor HughesVerified account @Connor_J_Hughes

Details on Spencer Long’s contract with the #Jets, per source: 4 yrs, $27.4m, $9m GTD. Has cap hits of $6.625m (18), $6.5m (19), $6.75m (20), $7.15m (21) Base salary of $5m (18, guaranteed), $3m (19, guaranteed if on roster 3rd day of new league year), $6.25m (20), $6.5m (21)

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've been asking this for years. Make holding 5 yards instead of 10. It ruins so many drives

so you want the pats to hold on 100% of the plays rather than 87.5% of the plays?

Holding is fine as it is they hardly ever call it.  But they do call 4 or 5 cheesy PI calls a game worth 20 yards plus a crack.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

so you want the pats to hold on 100% of the plays rather than 87.5% of the plays?

Holding is fine as it is they hardly ever call it.  But they do call 4 or 5 cheesy PI calls a game worth 20 yards plus a crack.

Plus holding only really hoses you if you run a "ground and pound" 20th century offense where 3rd and long means the drive is already over.

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They can't have guys tackling receivers down field if they are beat, if they do it should be a spot foul but the incidental contact that leads to a PI should be 15.  I like this change if that is how it goes.

I am very much for this.    So tired of teams biggest play being a penalty, that half the time you can't even tell what the DB did.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 

Former Broncos’ QB Brock Osweiler is visiting today with the Miami Dolphins, as @CraigMish reporter. His first free-agent visit this off-season. Osweiler and Adam Gase worked together in Denver.

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

I am very much for this.    So tired of teams biggest play being a penalty, that half the time you can't even tell what the DB did.

I agree. I would love to see this change, but it does not sound likely to happen:

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

E.J. Gaines - DB - Free Agent
Free agent CB E.J. Gaines is scheduled to visit the Jets on Thursday and Browns on Friday.

Related: Browns, Jets

If we bring in Gaines, I wonder what kind of trade market there might be for Skrine.  Maybe we can add a pick.

Archived