joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

On 3/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

I doubt it. Low risk high reward signing.

Pryor, Hurns or Gaines?  Maybe Gaines since Adams is defense.  But Adams' tweets on the 1st day of free agency expressed dismay after  A. Robinson, Watkins and P. Richardson were all taken by other teams. So he cares about offense too.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets have concluded a visit with Bills free-agent CB E.J. Gaines, the team announced. Their interest in Gaines sparks two thoughts: It signals that Buster Skrine ($8.5M cap) could be in trouble. Gaines isn't a great position /scheme fit. He comes from a zone-based system and hasn't played the slot since 2014, his rookie year with the Rams. He's also visiting the Browns.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Free agent WR Terrelle Pryor is closing in on a deal with the #Jets, sources say. They are hammering out final details & should be done tonight. NYJ continues to rework its WRs room with Pryor, formerly of the #Browns and #Redskins.

Yes.

• Upvote 1

Not sure If I wanted him over Hurns but was definitely hoping we got one of them.  Good job Mac.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Not sure If I wanted him over Hurns but was definitely hoping we got one of them.  Good job Mac.

Apparently Hurns just landed at LaGuardia for his visit. They could get both and cut Anderson if they want

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I did the idea of having 2 WR that stretch the field is great to me .. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Apparently Hurns just landed at LaGuardia for his visit. They could get both and cut Anderson if they want

Hmmmm.  He has to have lost some leverage with us now but hey, imagine bot getting signed.

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yay! Got us a decent playmaker! Really makes you wonder if they still sign Hurns now. 

They wouid likely mean the end for Anderson.

Kearse 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson)

3/22/18, 9:56 PM

Jets are still expected to meet with Hurns tomorrow. 

• Like 1

“Josh Rosen to Terrelle Pryor in the back of the end zone and that’s a Jet touchdown! ..what a perfect touch throw by the rookie signal caller!”

I FEEL IN MY BONES.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

“Josh Rosen to Terrelle Pryor in the back of the end zone and that’s a Jet touchdown! ..what a perfect touch throw by the rookie signal caller!”

I FEEL IN MY BONES.

Quick reminder: the better the receiving corps, the longer you’ll wait to get McCown to the bench. If they sign Hurns, you won’t see Josh Allen take an in-season Jets snap until 2020

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Quick reminder: the better the receiving corps, the longer you’ll wait to get McCown to the bench. If they sign Hurns, you won’t see Josh Allen take an in-season Jets snap until 2020

true but our oline is still trash tho! 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

*Baker Mayfield

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

I think Spencer Long will go a long way towards stabilizing it, personally. Beachum wasn’t bad and Shell isn’t hopeless. The guards fell apart last year because the center was a disaster.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think Spencer Long will go a long way towards stabilizing it, personally. Beachum wasn’t bad and Shell isn’t hopeless. The guards fell apart last year because the center was a disaster.

That he said^ Plus Beachum and Shell probably fit the zone blocking scheme so much better given the finesse and athleticism. This should be a lot better of a unit.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

*Baker Mayfield

Putting Mayfield on the bench behind McCown and Bridgewater would ruin Mayfield, imo. If they draft him, they have to run him out there and live with the ups and downs 

They won't do that but McCown is always an injury risk and probably won't play as well as he did last year.  Bridgewater, who knows?  Fans will be chanting for Baker!

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That he said^ Plus Beachum and Shell probably fit the zone blocking scheme so much better given the finesse and athleticism. This should be a lot better of a unit.

Still have to replace Carpenter, who is not a fit for ZBS.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are genital warts

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Still have to replace Carpenter, who is not a fit for ZBS.

Yeah we do. Idk why we didn’t at the start of FA..guess there weren’t many options..with a lack of picks hard to see us get a good one now though.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you were a woman I’d slug you!!

• Haha 1

So far the Jets have signed ;

QB, WR, HB, C

CB, ILB, 

If they sign a guard and draft a QB that's pretty pretty pretty good 

I have resigned myself to the fact that they will never have a TE