FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

So far the Jets have signed ;

QB, WR, HB, C

CB, ILB, 

If they sign a guard and draft a QB that's pretty pretty pretty good 

I have resigned myself to the fact that they will never have a TE 

Unless Enunwa converts again. He would be ungaurdable over the middle for LB’s.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah we do. Idk why we didn’t at the start of FA..guess there weren’t many options..with a lack of picks hard to see us get a good one now though.

If I remember when Shanahan was in Denver, they could find starters late in the draft.  Guys like Nelson are hard to find.  Maybe the ZBS uses technique over brute force.  

Maybe a guy like Braden Smith, a light guard (305) could be there at 72.  Who knows.  We also have August cuts.  Not sure if there will be anyone that fits our criteria or not (young and talented) but we’ll just have to wait and see.

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

So far the Jets have signed ;

QB, WR, HB, C

CB, ILB, 

If they sign a guard and draft a QB that's pretty pretty pretty good 

I have resigned myself to the fact that they will never have a TE 

They have Leggett & Sterling. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Lith said:

Then we are taking a huge risk that the knee will hold up and he will return to form after not playing for 2 seasons.  We still need to add a rookie to the mix, in my opinion.  Between Bridge and the rook, hoipefully we have a long term answer.

13 hours ago, Pcola said:

If I remember when Shanahan was in Denver, they could find starters late in the draft.  Guys like Nelson are hard to find.  Maybe the ZBS uses technique over brute force.  

Maybe a guy like Braden Smith, a light guard (305) could be there at 72.  Who knows.  We also have August cuts.  Not sure if there will be anyone that fits our criteria or not (young and talented) but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Braden Smith would be a godsend if he is there in round 3.

But to your overall point there should be good zone olineman around in rounds 3-5.  Sean Welch from Iowa, Mason Cole from Michigan and Frank Ragnow from Arkansas all fit that mold and would be great mid round picks for us.

Would love to see Rashad Penny in the 3rd and Mason Cole in the 4th.

Suh is a colossal prick who the Jets should want nothing to do with. He is a divisive force in the locker room and his bullsh*t was a big reason why the Lions didn't give him a big contract. Hopefully he takes that rumored less money to go elsewhere.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Spencer Long will go a long way towards stabilizing it, personally. Beachum wasn’t bad and Shell isn’t hopeless. The guards fell apart last year because the center was a disaster.

Plus Winters was playing injured.  Put those two together, and you get pure ugliness. 

According to ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan, USC's Sam Darnold is the only quarterback the Giants would take at the No. 2 overall pick.

It sounds like the Giants' scouting grades on Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen simply aren't high enough for GM Dave Gettleman to consider picking one of the non-Darnold quarterbacks at No. 2. Gettleman has a history of drafting running backs high -- he took Christian McCaffrey eighth overall in Carolina last year -- and he never traded down in any round of the draft during four seasons as Panthers GM. Barring Gettleman disregarding his scouts or reversing course on his historical anti-trade-down stance, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and NC State DE/OLB Bradley Chubb appear to be co-favorites to go at No. 2.

Honestly I like it, we got to spend that money why not bring him in, I like him a million times more that I like Crowell who has political asshat written all over him. 

Suh sure he is dirty, but really i think he is just not as good as hiding it. Let the guy come in. 

SO far this off season it really seems like all of a sudden we are making moves in the right direction. Pick up Barkely or top QB and I think the Jets have to get an A plus off season, one we desperately needed.

Archived