FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Suh is a force and it will also benefit Leonard Williams as he won’t constantly be double teamed .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good analysis!!!  He really hasn't dominated since DET but it would be interesting to

see him in tandem with Williams

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't understand the logic in cutting overpriced veterans with bad attitudes/work ethics in an effort to change the culture... Then signing Suh to presumably a mammoth amount of money. He might be the worst in the league in that regard.

Has he ever been arrested?

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't understand the logic in cutting overpriced veterans with bad attitudes/work ethics in an effort to change the culture... Then signing Suh to presumably a mammoth amount of money. He might be the worst in the league in that regard.

Suh is a prick, but he doesn't loaf.  He's a "meaner" Sheldon Richardson.  Whether or not I believe that we should pick him up?  I don't know. 

What I do know is that he would instantly skyrocket our talent level on an already talented D-Line.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Suh is a prick, but he doesn't loaf.  He's a "meaner" Sheldon Richardson.  Whether or not I believe that we should pick him up?  I don't know. 

What I do know is that he would instantly skyrocket our talent level on an already talented D-Line.

He's always been a "play hard when i want to" guy who takes off plays. That was even true in college.

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly. He is an angry dude with issues. But he plays hard and usually takes that frustration out on opposing players. 

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Williams, Pennel, McClendon, Xavier Cooper, and Simon, isn't exactly murderer's row.

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Suh is wildly overrated but with that said, he's better than Mo and won't make what we were going to pay Mo.. So we pay less money to a DT and get better performance..... Win/win

He probably isn't going to make what we are going to pay Mo.

Jets emerge as serious contenders for Ndamukong Suh

March 23, 2018 | 3:12pm

The Jets may be about to make a huge splash in free agency.

Yahoo Sports reported Friday that free agent defensive end Ndamukong Suh said the Jets have emerged as serious contenders to sign him. Suh has yet to visit the Jets, but coach Todd Bowles has told Suh how the team envisions using him, according to the report. The NFL Network reported the Jets have made the biggest offer for Suh.

Suh has visited the Titans, Rams and Saints since the Dolphins released him last week.

The 31-year-old is older than the other players the Jets have targeted in free agency, but his talent may be too great for them to pass up. He would instantly bolster a defensive line that has been weakened by the loss of Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson in the past year.

Suh has 51 ½ sacks in eight seasons with the Lions and Dolphins. He had 4 ½ last season.

Bowles has always spoken highly of Suh.

“We try to stay away from him a lot,” Bowles said last season. “You have to put two bodies on him just to try and slow him down a little bit. I don’t think anybody ever stops him.”

On 3/23/2018 at 2:31 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Pryor is all we needed this year and I think corner is set too.

The WR group is full of questions. Last year's rookies were jags. 

Claiborne is on a 1 year deal, I was really hoping Gaines signed 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Claiborne is on a 1 year deal, I was really hoping Gaines signed 

Hansen has potential. And that is the reason we grabbed Pryor was because of the Anderson/Enunwa concerns.

Gaines doesn’t fit our scheme at all ..pure Zone CB.

Was hoping we could have signed him last offseason.

anyone onboard with a 1 yr. deal?

The Washington Redskins have reportedly pulled a contract offer to outside linebacker Junior Galette.

Galette, 29, is a free agent after spending the past three seasons in Washington. He missed the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons with foot injuries, but was healthy last season. Galette was productive in a limited role, recording three sacks as a rotational pass rusher.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hansen has potential. And that is the reason we grabbed Pryor was because of the Anderson/Enunwa concerns.

Gaines doesn’t fit our scheme at all ..pure Zone CB.

Ok

Just feels like the Jets have no draft picks left so they have to buy players 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok

Just feels like the Jets have no draft picks left so they have to buy players 

And they some what are probably thinking that and trying to use money to further compensate for lack of picks.

i’m cool with it. 1-2 year deals..see who sticks and who doesn’t.

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Washington Redskins have reportedly pulled a contract offer to outside linebacker Junior Galette.

Galette, 29, is a free agent after spending the past three seasons in Washington. He missed the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons with foot injuries, but was healthy last season. Galette was productive in a limited role, recording three sacks as a rotational pass rusher.

The Browns have also expressed some interest in former Redskins outside linebacker Junior Galette, but have yet to set up a visit

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

So were the guys Macc picked up,Stringfellow,Whitehead.Natson if not for the jets they wouldn't be on an NFL roster. 

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pryor was signed because we lacked a #1 WR. 

On 3/23/2018 at 1:15 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Giants DE Josh Mauro has been suspended the first four games of 2018.

Interesting when you couple it with the trade of JPP.   I'm starting to believe the idea that the Giants want Chubb in this draft.  If that's true and I were them, I'd try to move down just one spot with the Jets and take any pick I can get for it (4th, 5th, etc.), then take Chubb at 3.  The Giants can't be assured of anyone after Cleveland picks 4th.

29 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He’s had two season ending injuries over the last two years.

I’d rather just bring back Ealy on a 1-2 year deal.

EDIT: Didn't realize he was healthy last season. Would still rather bring back Ealy on a reasonable, cheap short-term deal. 

On 3/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, BigRy56 said:

Suh is wildly overrated but with that said, he's better than Mo and won't make what we were going to pay Mo.. So we pay less money to a DT and get better performance..... Win/win

They will be paying Mo $10MM this year to play in GB.

Archived