FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting when you couple it with the trade of JPP.   I'm starting to believe the idea that the Giants want Chubb in this draft.  If that's true and I were them, I'd try to move down just one spot with the Jets and take any pick I can get for it (4th, 5th, etc.), then take Chubb at 3.  The Giants can't be assured of anyone after Cleveland picks 4th.

Why don’t we offer up Carpenter?  Help shore up their OL.  He is not a fit for the zone blocking scheme anyway.  This allows up to keep a draft pick.  And for the Giants, they get a year to assess and potentially resign Carpenter.

Compared to the contract that Norwell and Jensen got, Carpenter’s is a good deal.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Why don’t we offer up Carpenter?  Help shore up their OL.  He is not a fit for the zone blocking scheme anyway.  This allows up to keep a draft pick.  And for the Giants, they get a year to assess and potentially resign Carpenter.

Compared to the contract that Norwell and Jensen got, Carpenter’s is a good deal.

Not a bad idea, but even with Carpenter being a less-than-ideal fit in Bates' zone blocking scheme, he's still a big talented guy and I don't want to deplete an Offensive Line at the same time we're putting our Pot o' Draft Picks behind it and banking on that pick being the future of the franchise.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Not a bad idea, but even with Carpenter being a less-than-ideal fit in Bates' zone blocking scheme, he's still a big talented guy and I don't want to deplete an Offensive Line at the same time we're putting our Pot o' Draft Picks behind it and banking on that pick being the future of the franchise.

Well the OL is something that we need to address during the draft.  Carp’s a free agent after this season and both Beachum and Winters have little to no $$ guaranteed next year making them potential cap cuts.  

Draft at least two and hopefully pick up another vet in Aug.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Well the OL is something that we need to address during the draft.  Carp’s a free agent after this season and both Beachum and Winters have little to no $$ guaranteed next year making them potential cap cuts.  

Draft at least two and hopefully pick up another vet in Aug.

I think we try to land at least land a Center in the 3rd round this year. I don't think Winters or Beachum will be cut unless they regress or get injured. My guess is next years 1st round pick will be a LT.

44 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s had two season ending injuries over the last two years.

I’d rather just bring back Ealy on a 1-2 year deal.

EDIT: Didn't realize he was healthy last season. Would still rather bring back Ealy on a reasonable, cheap short-term deal. 

Ealy is a DE. Gallette is a designated OLB pass rusher. Maulden is a ? and Jenkins is more SSLB. I think he’s worth a gamble

Seriously, Now that we are off Suh....

Can they please sign:

WR - Inman/Janis Low risk and young... worth shots... Anderson insurance

FB - Zach Line... Please this guy is what a young QB needs...

DL - Ealy... Blocked more balls then I have ever seen in a single season and is only 26

OLB - Dee Ford ... Could rebound at low cost

OT - Robinson... Worth a shot on a top 10 pick so early in his career, its not like the Jets are beaming on the O line

CB - Lane... I know I know the ACL injury but I wonder if he could cover the slot instead of the outside.

And all fit in the mold of young Jets team

28 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Seriously, Now that we are off Suh....

Can they please sign:

WR - Inman/Janis Low risk and young... worth shots... Anderson insurance

FB - Zach Line... Please this guy is what a young QB needs...

DL - Ealy... Blocked more balls then I have ever seen in a single season and is only 26

OLB - Dee Ford ... Could rebound at low cost

OT - Robinson... Worth a shot on a top 10 pick so early in his career, its not like the Jets are beaming on the O line

CB - Lane... I know I know the ACL injury but I wonder if he could cover the slot instead of the outside.

And all fit in the mold of young Jets team

Probably done at WR for the rest of FA.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, bla bla bla said:

I think we try to land at least land a Center in the 3rd round this year. I don't think Winters or Beachum will be cut unless they regress or get injured. My guess is next years 1st round pick will be a LT.

So Spencer Long is gonna play G instead of C?

Geno Smith visiting the chargers. Hope he has figured out the time zone thing finally.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/28/geno-smith-visiting-the-chargers/

Geno Smith visiting the Chargers

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 28, 2018, 12:48 PM EDT
884955776-e1512795045885.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

Geno Smith is on track to play for all the teams in the two largest cities in America.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, former Jets and Giants quarterback Geno Smith is visitingthe Chargers.

The Chargers need a backup for Philip Rivers, and the options are dwindling fast.

The former Jets starter made one start for the Giants this year, breaking Eli Manning‘s consecutive games played streak (and helping get a coach and a G.M. fired).

Perhaps coach Anthony Lynn’s background with him with the Jets reminds him of the good times, and made him think Smith’s a better option if things go wrong with Rivers.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, joewilly12 said:

Less money than the Jets offered him NFL Network is saying.

If you have already made mega bucks in your career who would you prefer to play for, the Rams or the jets?...  if you even had to think about it you have blinders on.

That's good news about Harrison.  Good solid vet backup. Thought he really got after it when he was in there.  There was 1 long run where I recall him blocking 20 yards downfield   I remember thinking there's a guy who gives a damn in a meaningless game 

Mark Sanchez “a possibility” as backup QB for Seahawks

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 28, 2018, 2:04 AM EDT
gettyimages-156145628-e1522215710207.jpg
Getty Images

Russell Wilson is currently the only quarterback under contract with the Seattle Seahawks following the release of Trevone Boykin on Tuesday.

Austin Davis, who served as Wilson’s backup last season, remains a free agent as well.

Seattle will need someone to serve in a reserve role to Wilson this season and a name with plenty of connections to Seattle’s coaching staff has come to the surface.

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, Mark Sanchez is “a possibility” being explored for the job.

Sanchez played for Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll for a notable three, but not four, years at USC. He also had the most successful run of his career with the New York Jets under new Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. The Jets made the AFC Championship game twice with Sanchez at quarterback and Schottenheimer calling plays.

Carroll and Sanchez have long since patched up any hurt feelings over Carroll’s comments about Sanchez leaving USC with a year of eligibility remaining as well.

Given Sanchez’s experience with Schottenheimer, he would make sense for Seattle to bring in to serve in a backup capacity.

Sanchez spent last season with the Chicago Bears, but did not appear in a game.

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

since we lost both 2nd round picks, we have probably taken rb off our board.  I really wanted ronald jones in the 2nd round but that dream is dead.

I wouldn’t be suprised if he fell to the 3rd .. he has had a awful draft process 

Archived