joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomas Rawls set to visit Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on March 28, 2018, 6:22 PM EDT
gettyimages-879679522-e1522275738542.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets added Isaiah Crowell to their backfield early in free agency and they are scheduled to meet with another running back on Thursday.

Brian Costello of the New York Post reports that the team is set to host Thomas Rawls for a visit. Rawls was not tendered by the Seahawks as a restricted free agent and visited the Chiefs earlier this month.

Rawls had a bright start to his career with 830 yards for Seattle in 2015, but injuries have dimmed his output the last two seasons. Rawls has missed 11 games and averaged just over three yards per carry after bursting for 5.6 yards per carry during his rookie season.

Adding Rawls would make for a competitive backfield situation for the Jets as they have Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire on hand in addition to Crowell.

22 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Still can if he's there in the 3rd.

It is a high 3rd round pick and I am hoping for a young and hungry RB.  This class is loaded and we should take advantage.

But Jets may be preparing just in case there is another position higher in value around that pick (e.g., OG/C) or if they trade the pick on draft day to swap with the giants for #2.

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

It is a high 3rd round pick and I am hoping for a young and hungry RB.  This class is loaded and we should take advantage.

But Jets may be preparing just in case there is another position higher in value around that pick (e.g., OG/C) or if they trade the pick on draft day to swap with the giants for #2.

I think 3rd RB's and Guards will get your best value.

9 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Can you say Rashaad Penny??? :)

11 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

My only concern is with other more pressing , higher priority needs. Edge rusher, TE and OL come to mind.

I wonder why this guy is still a free agent? 

Johnathan Hankins
Football defensive tackle
Johnathan Hankins is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Ohio State, where he received All-American honors, and was drafted by the NY Giants. 

Born: March 29, 1992 (age 26), Dearborn Heights, MI
Weight: 320 lbs
Height: 6′ 3″

The NFL's Riskiest Offseasons Aren't Happening Where You Might Think

The Jets got rid of Muhammad Wilkerson but let Suh use them as his safety school, and they traded up from sixth to third in the draft after identifying "six or seven" players they liked in this year's class. (Think about it...) They aren't so much playing low-risk football as they are chasing their tails like a golden retriever at a fireworks display, so let's leave them out of this.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL's Riskiest Offseasons Aren't Happening Where You Might Think

The Jets got rid of Muhammad Wilkerson but let Suh use them as his safety school, and they traded up from sixth to third in the draft after identifying "six or seven" players they liked in this year's class. (Think about it...) They aren't so much playing low-risk football as they are chasing their tails like a golden retriever at a fireworks display, so let's leave them out of this.

This is an ignorant quote. We had Shell handling Suh last year so I wouldn't say it would have been a huge upgrade, or even an upgrade at all, from Mo. If we sign Ealy, it's like replacing either of them right now and way cheaper. And the Bowles part, we all know, is an attempt at a smokescreen. 

But it's a decent attempt at trolling.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I wonder why this guy is still a free agent? 

Johnathan Hankins
Football defensive tackle
Johnathan Hankins is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Ohio State, where he received All-American honors, and was drafted by the NY Giants. 

Born: March 29, 1992 (age 26), Dearborn Heights, MI
Weight: 320 lbs
Height: 6′ 3″

That's why.......

The Jets also had Lions center Travis Swanson in for a free agent visit on Friday. Their 2017 starter Wesley Johnson signed a free agent contract with the Lions and the Jets failed to land former Giant center Weston Richburg, who signed with the 49ers.

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Marquette King, Punter

released by Raiders

With our cap space, this should be a no brainier signing. Great punter for a team that hasn't had a good punter in a long time. He can change field position which is critical for a team possibly breaking in a rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With our cap space, this should be a no brainier signing. Great punter for a team that hasn't had a good punter in a long time. He can change field position which is critical for a team possibly breaking in a rookie QB.

I like our punter.  He was invonsistent at times but can change field position.  Imo

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Wouldn’t mind bringing in Walford

Archived