FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The realistic best case scenario is that mccags has a good relationship with indy's gm, and Indy does not want to trade back to where they can't get Chubb.  If 4 qbs and Barkley go top 5 then Indy can trade back to 6 and still get Chubb.

Macc has a great relationship with Rex Hogan, and I would assume Ballard, because he let Hogan go take a promotion there with no fight whatsoever when Ballard offered him the job.

However, a great relationship does not supercede the amount of valuable draft picks Buffalo or Cleveland have to offer.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The realistic best case scenario is that mccags has a good relationship with indy's gm, and Indy does not want to trade back to where they can't get Chubb.  If 4 qbs and Barkley go top 5 then Indy can trade back to 6 and still get Chubb.

This is what I’m hoping for.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Macc has a great relationship with Rex Hogan and I would assume Ballard because he let Hogan go take a promotion their with no fight whatsoever.

However, a great relationship does not supercede the amount of valuable draft picks Buffalo has to offerm

Well if Buffalo trades with the Giants at 2, then they are out of the way

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Elway was the only GM who attended Josh Allen's bowl game. He actually went there with his scouts. That means something to me

They expressed at the Senior Bowl that his size didn’t matter and they loved him. That is the sole reason that Vance Joesph head coached Bakers team. He said he wanted to really get to know him and feel him out.

36 minutes ago, faba said:

I woulkd still expect Cleveland to take a QB with either of there  1 or 4 picks

Of course they will

How the hell can you sell the fanbase on anything else?

”Listen guys, I know we passed on Wentz 2 years ago and passed not once but twice on Watson last year and now we’re passing on Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield but hey...Tyrod, baby!”

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Elway was the only GM who attended Josh Allen's bowl game. He actually went there with his scouts. That means something to me

And Elway also requested that his team get to coach Baker Mayfield at the Senior Bowl.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Macc has a great relationship with Rex Hogan and I would assume Ballard because he let Hogan go take a promotion their with no fight whatsoever.

However, a great relationship does not supercede the amount of valuable draft picks Buffalo or Cleveland have to offer.

I’m reserved to the fact that we give Indy 2019 #1, and possibly a lower 2018 pick.

Giving up an extra #1 and getting Rosen > drafting Allen at 6.

If Buffalo moves up and takes Rosen, Macc should be fired before we are on the clock.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well if Buffalo trades with the Giants at 2, then they are out of the way

I already explained in my Scenario 2 how the Bills trading up basically guarantees us Allen.  It doesn't really matter who they trade up with.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I already explained in my Scenario 2 how the Bills trading up basically guarantees us Allen.  It doesn't really matter who they trade up with.

Well that's fine with me. I don't think Allen is Christian Hackenberg part II because there's so much buzz around Allen when there was none around Hackenberg despite similar college stats.

People at the combine said that his footwork looked a lot better than it did during the season.

It's my last choice of the 4, but it's still a solid choice

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Broncos are not drafting a QB. Their window is right now. They can't afford to waste a top pick on a QB.  They are in the same spot the Giants are in

So you dont see the Giants or Broncos drafting a qb? Im not sure about this. I say they would "because" their time is now. Outside of massive injuries and an overall bad season the Giants would not be #2. The Broncos have talent but need to address their oline and get a qb that can win now, but how often do teams like the Broncos have the opportunity to even deaft this high with such talent rich qb's? Same question could be asked about the Giants. 

Typically the Giants/Broncos would be the teams you would typically think could possibly move up in the draft when they need a qb given they're usually the teams that do well and are picking further down the line. Both teams are here, both teams need qb's for the future and they're going to pass on an opportunity like this? 

Doubt that my friend. Im not saying they will draft for certain because anything is possible, but if i would have told you at the beginning of last season that the Giants would be picking 2nd overall and the Broncos 5th overall...both higher than the Jets you would have completely dismissed me and rightfully so. Because of that i think that the Giants and Broncos make the best of this rare opportunity. 

The last time the Broncos had a top 10 pick was 2011, they picked Von Miller 2nd overall after the Panthers took Cam. The year prior they drafted Tebow. The last time the Broncos picked this high you have to go all the way back to 1991 when they had the 4th pick in the draft. 

This is a team that rarely picks in the top 10 let alone top 5. I cant see them trading out of the top 5 and leaving any of these top qb's on the board when they need a qb of the future and the next time they see a top 10 pick could be in another decade if history tells it. 

The Jets are in a very bad spot if the Vikes sign Cousins. If the Broncos sign him i can see them trading down, but not out of the top 10. But even with that, if they trade out it could be with a team looking for a qb.

This is why you play Hack or Petty while hoping for the best and not pay McCown or Fitz. They'll do just enough to **** you in the draft as well with such mediocrity. 

Well that's fine with me. I don't think Allen is Christian Hackenberg part II because there's so much buzz around Allen when there was none around Hackenberg despite similar college stats.

People at the combine said that his footwork looked a lot better than it did during the season.

It's my last choice of the 4, but it's still a solid choice

And that's where we'll vehemently disagree.

I believe that Allen will be an absolute disaster and that any GM who selects him with this many red flags deserves his fate. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

And that's where we'll vehemently disagree.

I believe that Allen will be an absolute disaster and that any GM who selects him with this many red flags deserves his fate. 

So when we get bridgewater we should just assume we're taking a cb or olb

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So you dont see the Giants or Broncos drafting a qb? 

This is why you play Hack or Petty while hoping for the best and not pay McCown or Fitz. They'll do just enough to **** you in the draft as well with such mediocrity. 

Unless the Giants are putting on a massive smoke screen, they are interested in their OL.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don't see how that means the jets can't trade up with indy

Well, in my Scenario 2, the Bills jumping up to 2 would force the Browns to panic a bit about such a move happening from us so they pull a Chicago Bears and move up one spot for a QB.

I mean, I guess that means maybe we could theoretically trade up to 4 with Indy, but a double trade down would be pretty rare and not something I could see happening.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So when we get bridgewater we should just assume we're taking a cb or olb

I honestly wish that I could say yes, because I really don't want Allen, but no.  I would still expect QB at 6 (likely Allen).

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Well, in my Scenario 2, the Bills jumping up to 2 would force the Browns to panic a bit about such a move happening from us so they pull a Chicago Bears and move up one spot for a QB.

I mean, I guess that means maybe we could theoretically trade up to 4 with Indy, but a double trade down would be pretty rare and not something I could see happening.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I honestly wish that I could say yes, because I really don't want Allen, but no.  I would still expect QB at 6 (likely Allen).

Unless Cleveland falls in love with allen.  

Again the goal is to improve the QB situation from last year. 

The QB situation last year was McCown/Petty/Hackenberg

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The goal is to get a franchise QB. 

Pretty much what PK said. 

If Macc waits until the 2nd to pick a QB, he's fired.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Unless Cleveland falls in love with allen.  

From what I hear, that is very unlikely...but hey, crazier things have happened and I'm not as in tune with Cleveland as I am the Jets.  I know a small bit, but not enough to go to bat for a stance regarding their plans.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which the odds suggest is very very hard to accomplish. Let's go with something more realistic.

Not if we trade up and that’s the exact reason no one can chill at the moment, teams are making this option realistic for themselves while we sit and watch.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So if it's either pick JOsh Allen or wait til the second round?

Then he's fired either way.

@Patriot Killa said that the goal is to find a franchise QB.  Allen isn't one, and if he waits for a 2nd round or later QB, there's almost zero chance that Macc survives long enough to find out whether or not they are.  They are developmental guys.  If Macc goes so does Bowles and the entire coaching staff too, so the chances of those guys getting legitimate development are slim to none, as a new regime will swoop right in and replace them with their own guys.

Maccagnan backed himself into this corner when he failed to trade up for Wentz, passed on Deshaun Watson last year, all in favor of Christian Hackenberg in the second round; the player that can't get on the field after 2 seasons.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

@Patriot Killa said that the goal is to find a franchise QB.  Allen isn't one, and if he waits for a 2nd round or later QB, there's almost zero chance that Macc survives long enough to find out whether or not they are.  They are developmental guys.

Maccagnan backed himself into this corner when he failed to trade up for Wentz, passed on Deshaun Watson last year, all in favor of Christian Hackenberg in the second round; the player that can't get on the field after 2 seasons.  

Lets not forget Alvin Kamara Macc had a chance to trade up to get him and he failed. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

@Patriot Killa said that the goal is to find a franchise QB.  Allen isn't one, and if he waits for a 2nd round or later QB, there's almost zero chance that Macc survives long enough to find out whether or not they are.  They are developmental guys.

He did but I really can't blame him for either because trades are fickle and the draftniks didn;t have Watson going top ten.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If the Jets spend 150 million the next 2 years on player contracts including 35 mill per season on a QB guess who is gonna flip that bill in an increase of Season Ticket Prices?

Do you, and I assume multiple posters here from the general attitude on player salaries, actually believe this is how ticket prices work? 

Yes it is. It's there. I was just putting a prisoner's dilemma to him

Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are the guys you start right away and they are the only expections. You get one of them and you all of a sudden still have a job. They will all be gone by 6 .. plain and simple.

Archived