joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

22 hours ago, flgreen said:

If they are going to go that route, I would just re-sign McCown for another 1 year deal

I'm ok with that too. But in all honesty I don't think McCown could last a year if he starts. He's a good player but as we saw sometimes too mistake prone and the Jets were not good enough to overcome that. But the Jets have to make up their mind soon on what path they are going to take. Because free agency precedes the draft. 

I recently spoke with a very good friend who lives in Baltimore and has had Raven tickets since they came from Cleveland. Asked him what he and other Raven fans think of their pending FA center, Jensen. In a nutshell, not much. Basically, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Also, just saw SI's rankings of potential FA's. At C position, listed Richburg as only difference maker at position. Had Jensen listed as 6-7th best option. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The market for free-agent cornerback Kyle Fuller is likely to price out the Chicago Bears of re-signing the 2014 first-round draft pick, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Friday. 

i'd love to get kyle fuller but,.. it would take some major $ to sign him   :badmood:

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Does anybody know why Hack is still on the team?  He literally has no value.  Bridgewater will be the backup plan.

I'd be in for a Bridgewater Mayfield plan.  Going to be interesting to see what happens with Bridgewater

32 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Does anybody know why Hack is still on the team?  He literally has no value.  Bridgewater will be the backup plan.

All I can think of is a fear of him panning out for someone else. Only thing worse than swinging and missing on this pick so spectacularly is to swing and miss, then cut him, then he’s a serviceable (or better) starter for someone else. Irrational fear is the only rational reason I can come up with.

38 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

because he's 22 years old and has basically had 1 year of real NFL coaching.  he'll get at least 1 more year under Bates before they pull the rip cord.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

his age.  They might cut him soon,  but they may give him 1 last chance to show something in camp

So has our douchebag HC announced McCown the starter yet? You know it’s coming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

You’re kidding right? Hack helps promote sales of Jets sports caps. Big revenue for the Woodpecker. 

195940BE-F328-4DFF-AFE1-411F07683775.jpeg

• Haha 1

NFL Draft analyst Chad Forbes has spoken with one Giants source who told him the franchise is very serious about signing Norwell in free agency.

"Spoke w/ Giants source on Andrew Norwell," Forbes Tweeted. "Said Giants prepared make Norwell highest paid Guard NFL History. And if new Agent Drew Rosenhaus takes Norwell elsewhere (49ers) it would create friction in relationship. Assumes Panthers don't Tag Norwell... But Giants are SERIOUS."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/New-York-Giants-will-make-Andrew-Norwell-NFLs-highest-paid-guard-in-free-agency-115203114/Amp

Cornerback FA rumors..Jason La Confora

The least surprising mention was with the Denver Broncos, where he said, “Aqib Talib is gone.” He remains under contract, but there have been numerous rumors he will be traded or released this offseason.

The Los Angeles Rams have franchised Trumaine Johsnon each of the last two years, and it sounds like a third straight year will not happen. “Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams, according to a league source.” Not exactly a shocking revelation, but another one saying it.

There are rumblings about Josh Norman’s future there as well, and they could save $15 million in cash and $8 million in cap space by parting with him. “You just moved on from a franchise quarterback and paid a guy to replace him who you didn’t have to pay, so anything is possible there,” a personnel director said. “There is no way I would have extended Alex Smith like that. I hear that Norman hates the front office and would want to leave anyway. Something could happen there.”

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This isn’t FA news/rumors and idk where to put it but I found it important.

#Bills have been calling around, pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten of this year's draft.

Presumably for a shot at a quarterback.

Those two 1#'s aren't for nothing. If the Jets don't Get Kirk C, they better be very aggressive in trading up. They could end up with none of the Big four left by the time #6th pick rolls around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Those two 1#'s aren't for nothing. If the Jets don't Get Kirk C, they better be very aggressive in trading up. They could end up with none of the Big four left by the time #6th pick rolls around.

Imagine if the first 4 picks are Darnold,Rosen,Mayfield and Allen :o

p.s cant wait for the Jake Fromm threads to start! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Can Macc really be that stupid?

Yes it worries me greatly.   

On 2/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, joewilly12 said:

ITS OFFICIAL then Arizona it is. 

Awwww is you butt hurt? Do you feel better now?

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would actually love it . The Jets would have an opportunity at either the top RB, the top edge rusher or the top offensive tackle in the draft and still have the opportunity to get a solid QB prospect in the 2nd round .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I would actually love it . The Jets would have an opportunity at either the top RB, the top edge rusher or the top offensive tackle in the draft and still have the opportunity to get a solid QB prospect in the 2nd round .

We’ll have a shot at the top OT regardless imo. I just don’t see any team ahead of us or behind us picking an OT that early.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:06 PM, Pac said:

because he's 22 years old and has basically had 1 year of real NFL coaching.  he'll get at least 1 more year under Bates before they pull the rip cord.

I’m assuming you mean cut the cord.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, Larz said:

his age.  They might cut him soon,  but they may give him 1 last chance to show something in camp

Yep, believe it or not, he is 4yrs younger than petty. 

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m assuming you mean cut the cord.

no..  I mean pull the rip cord.  It's colloquial for giving up on him.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

NpOGKcon_400x400.jpg

50 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Sign Cousins, take Barkley it Chubb, whichever of the two falls to them, and take Lauletta or Falk later on in the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

NpOGKcon_400x400.jpg

I don't mind you following me around with that but at least use it at appropriate times.  This one felt forced.

Just now, Pac said:

I don't mind you following me around with that but at least use it at appropriate times.  This one felt forced.

IMO this was the most appropriate time I've ever used it. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

My worst nightmare ! :(

20 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Sign Cousins, take Barkley it Chubb, whichever of the two falls to them, and take Lauletta or Falk later on in the draft.

It wouldn't bother me 1 bit if the jets 1st 3 picks are Bradley Chubb, Chuk Okorafor and Nick Chubb . 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pac said:

Easy like a Sunday morning

55 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Love this approach, frankly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Got it right in my opinion. I absolutely love Lauletta.

• Upvote 3