FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilkerson saying the Jets losing wore him out likely scared players away too. ******* fat  narcissistic bastard.

I believe him

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams was a crappy pick and the next crappy Macagnan pick will be Manziel 2.0 or Minkah

At this point I hope we go full retard. Draft Minkah. Don't draft a QB. Start Hack from the wildcat all season.

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

sign Jensen and Trumaine Johnson by tonight or drag Macc out of the building

I ain't touching him don't want to catch the suck

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is scary is that the two alternatives are:

Bowles/Maccagnan spend every nickel to put together a team that can win some games (the 2015 plan); or

Bowles/Maccagnan are assured they will be able to return in 2019 and continue the rebuild (It only started in 2017!?)

I guess there is a third opportunity, the tell them they are guaranteed to come back and then can them anyway (the 2014 plan) 

Launch them into orbit tonight and bring on Les Miles to coach the team this year

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw Jason OTC suggest that the Jets *should* (but don’t have to) spend around $50 mil this offseason to stay on pace or something.

The Jets don't use USDs anymore. Going forward they conduct all their business in ASJs. So according to Jason, the Jets need to spend around 12.5 ASJs.

Macc gonna be forced to trade for Foles. Who will promptly retire or kill himself.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

book this - neither will we.

We couldn't win a Grey Cup.

Someone get Macc the memo that "Free Agent" is not a description of their price.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No all those free agents weren't winning us a Super Bowl the list was lame. 

Maybe we should focus on improving enough to exit "laughingstock" territory first

• Like 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Come on man! Its only year 4 of the rebuild.

Sobering thought... it only took the Egyptians 20 years to build the Great Pyramid

• Haha 1

Macc is so freaking reactive How many years in a row do we get the LAST QB standing in the FA carousel? He either doesn't understand market price or doesn't care and just scrapes up whoever is left when the music stops. He'll stand pat at 6 and do the same bloody thing.

Just now, Pcola said:

Bridgewater is a great guy.  But what the hell can anyone expect of him?  It took him almost 15 months just to get cleared to practice.  

I’m at the point if I am Chris Johnson that I go defense at #6 and let the new GM and HC pick a QB next year.  

I can handle rebuilding but what has happened to this team since they drafted Hackenberg has been pretty close to unforgivable.

We obviously should have cleaned house last January.

If Chris Johnson forbids Macc from taking a QB in the first, he'll quit on principal. Give him the perfect out from this disaster when he knows he's getting tossed at the end of the year anyway.

You know what. Brilliant idea. Up vote for you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is what happens when you can't admit to yourself that the guys you drafted suck.  tanny reupped on sanchez and didn't draft wilson.  mccags ignored qb last year b/c he thought hack and/or petty would develop.  

In my fantasy league I was targeting Bradford and Clive Walford a few seasons ago as cheap bench insurance (big league with huge rosters). The other owner told me "sorry, Bradford and Walford are untouchable." Talk about falling in love with your draft! Moral of the story I think I could beat Macc in fantasy. :P

Good teams: "We're bringing in some guys who are going to compete."

Jets: "Please sign Josh we promise you the starter spot."

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think there is a very real chance the Broncos take Nelson at 5 and go QB in the 2nd. The Giants may need to take Nelson at 2 if they want him. It would be glorious if teams didn't want to trade out because they want a particular player.

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Giants - Nelson

3 - Colts - Chubb

4 - Browns - Allen

5 - Broncos - Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield

6 - Jets - QB

I think those are the players these teams want, there is some movement that can happen. Giants trade with Broncos could make a lot of sense but idk if Elway wants to move up or not. Colts trading with the Jets makes a lot of sense because I think Chubb will be there at 6. Could shake down like this:

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Broncos - QB

3 - Jets - QB

4 - Browns - QB

5 - Giants - Nelson

6 - Colts - Chubb

That said if the Bills blow the doors off a trade they could probably convince the Broncos to move back, I think they could get up to #3 but that depends on what the Colts want to do.

I'd never bet on Macc to win a bidding war for an actual in-demand asset. He'll balk and lose out on the trade with the Colts to someone bolder.

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That could very well happen but if you read my post that is contingent on teams in the top 6 liking particular prospects and not necessarily wanting to trade down too far. If a team is looking to just add as many picks as possible then yea Bills are the likely trade partner.

I hear ya. My point is that it doesn't matter how much you like a DE or OL if some desperado offers you two 1sts, two 2nds and a handful of later picks to move down 10 spots, you do it.

Macc will stick to the trade chart. Bills (Dolphins, whoever) will pay what it takes. Maybe unwisely but I don't see Jets coming out with a top 5 pick.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I could see the Jets offering 6, 37, 2019 1st + other picks to get up to 3. I think the Bills have the ammo to beat that but it comes down to are they willing to give up that much and are the Colts willing to drop out of the top 10? I think the Broncos are the prefect trade partner for the Bills. This is the most exciting draft process I've been around in a really long time.

A QB with potential is like stripper to a virgin. Desperate teams will pay whatever it takes to get her out of there and “rescue” her. Objectivity and trade charts mean nothing.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just need us a QB come draft day. Please please please let that happen and I might understand a little better what’s going on. Still not feeling good at all about McCown being named the starter on March 13th...wtf is that?

It means that even Josh effing McCown was willing to take less money to go elsewhere absent this odd guarantee of playing time and that making it public/leaking it was a key condition of him signing. We just let Josh McCown make game day decisions because Macc and Bowles knew they couldn't survive that final embarrassment.

Macc and Bowles have no control.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope that Mac, Bowles and Hack are all in the same Uber when it crashes into the Hudson. 

And let's hope Sully isn't the driver

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m really upset over it bro..like...how do you tell this man he’s the starter before FA even truly begins? No competition? No regard for his age and the need to find the future? No regard for success? I’m just disgusted tbh...Macc is really testing my loyalty to the team

Even before the draft! I mean just... wow.

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Feels like blatant disrespect. Idk about y’all. Feels like Macc said F you fans. F what you been needing for 50 years. I do this thing my way, regardless of the circumstances.

Macc is a risk-averse pusscake. Like @Sperm Edwards said: he's the Todd Bowles of NFL GMs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Sup with the lack of news on enunwa. 

He's been promised by Bowles to be the starting Left Tackle 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, slats said:

This is what I’m wondering. Do the Jets carry four QBs again? I really didn’t expect them to cut Hack, and I don’t like the idea of McCown and/or Bridgewater being enough at the position to pass in the first round. 

Hack is going to the practice squad and will then be puffed up rather than trying to keep him hidden ("We like him a lot. He's progressing well. But we have a few guys that are more ready now.") and when he's signed away by another team (probably Houston), it will act as a small face-safe for Macc (see, someone else does see the potential) before Hack is flushed down the memory hole forever.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

See this is where I miss NFL Europe that would allow a guy like this go and better his skills.  I hope the spring league brings this back.  I believe this is part of the reason QB and O Line play does not improve.

His ceiling is 3rd stringer. Not worth any more thought really. Although I do hope he goes somewhere else and develops into a backup or better just to highlight Bowles' incompetence even more.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Yesterday says the #6 pick is not going to be a QB. Heck, it screams as much. 

Picking a QB high and whiffing is a fireable offense. Picking another consensus choice defender who falls as all the gutsy GMs move ahead of us and try for a QB is safe.

Just now, Stark said:

the "naming mccown" the starter at this point seems dumb to me. I don't see the benefit to doing so. 

Very possible he would've taken less money elsewhere or at least claimed he would and knew he what Macc over a barrel. That would've been the ultimate embarassment and sabotage the rest of FA.

To those who have said, "the talks about FAs avoiding us because of our owner/coaches/our idiot FO are over-blown. Players follow the money. Stop your whining and hand wringing." Do they still want to defend this regime?

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Trumaine Johnson/Spencer Long/Williamson/Crowell say hello. 

Dude. according to report 3 of 4 of the FAs with lots of options turned down MORE MONEY to go elsewhere. But if you want to celebrate a Crowell, God bless I guess.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Where are you seeing this "report", because the only guy I saw turn down more money from us over the last few days is Kirk.

I'm not gonna re-cap the busiest day in JN history. Just read some of the threads.

Aside from Cousins, who opted to go one of the most talented teams in the NFL and chose them over the Broncos and Cardinals also, who else rejected our money? 

We landed the best CB in FA. We landed a very good RB.

The Giants wanted Norwell and whiffed. It happens. Relax. 

No. Macc and Bowles are useless. 

Translation: I am talking out of my a$$

My a$$ must be magic then.

Just now, T0mShane said:

How would this play out? The Giants take #6 and repurpose it?

You mean trade down again?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t know, man. If I’m the Giants, I don’t even risk letting the Jets run Rosen out there for ten years with the draft pick that I handed them in exchange for a guard.

Not sure the Giants care about us as much as we'd like to believe.

• Like 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I actively posted in the threads.

You're wrong.

About which part? This should be interesting 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Some players choose a better situation over a little more money. It's not necessarily because it's the Jets. We got one of the top CB's on the market, one of the top ILBs, every situation is different. JMO

Like I said 1 is understandable. A trend is, well it's a trend and a troubling one at that. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup

They don't care about us because we never win. If they gift us a franchise QB and win a Super Bowl and a few division titles while they struggle to find their next franchise QB, they will be lynched in the media for a decade. Not worth the risk when they can trade with the Broncos or the Bills etc..

Maybe you're right but honestly they got nothing to prove vis a via the Jets. They've done what Jets can't do: beat the Pats consistently when it matters. We are a roommate that helps cover the expenses and never does anything to challenge them as alpha dogs of the apartment.

Macc isn't going to massively overpay for anything in our lifetime. Whatever the Jets are willing to pay, I am sure another team is willing to pay about the same price. There is no universe in which Macc is willing to pay WAY more to move up. 

I'd really love to have someone leak who else wanted McCown and at what price. Still no idea if anyone wanted Fitzpatrick when Macc bid against himself in that situation.