joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

are we going to pursue robinson or is this a hypothetical?

Well it’s rumored we have interest in him but that’s as far as it’s went to this point. Guess we will know in a few days.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is your source?

I have read the exact same thing and have looked around the Bills forum.

• Post of the Week 1

Fair enough. So let's say that they want Rosen. We could see it go like this

1. Cleveland- Barkley

2. Bills (trade with Giants)-Rosen

3. Colts- Chubb or trade

4. Browns- QB

5. Broncos- Trade or another player (not QB because they have one)

If this scenario happens the Browns are getting Mayfield and if they decide on Allen or Darnold then the Broncos are getting Mayfield. They love him just as much as they love Rosen. Either way we are screwed unless we trade up.

The Broncos are not drafting a QB. Their window is right now. They can't afford to waste a top pick on a QB.  They are in the same spot the Giants are in

They are drafting a QB lol..Keenum or Foles isn’t going to stop them. They love the QB prospects this year.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think they will. I could see them taking Denzel Ward to replace Talib. And, even if they do, it won't be Mayfield. I think they would take Darnold/Allen over Mayfield.

How come you think that? They love Mayfield, bro.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Elway was the only GM who attended Josh Allen's bowl game. He actually went there with his scouts. That means something to me

They expressed at the Senior Bowl that his size didn’t matter and they loved him. That is the sole reason that Vance Joesph head coached Bakers team. He said he wanted to really get to know him and feel him out.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

So when we get bridgewater we should just assume we're taking a cb or olb

We’ll most likely go QB in the second then. ... I don’t want it to come to this.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which the odds suggest is very very hard to accomplish. Let's go with something more realistic.

Not if we trade up and that’s the exact reason no one can chill at the moment, teams are making this option realistic for themselves while we sit and watch.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The option is already realistic without having to do anything

It’s not though. And you just said it wasn’t one post ago lol.

Yes it is. It's there. I was just putting a prisoner's dilemma to him

Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are the guys you start right away and they are the only expections. You get one of them and you all of a sudden still have a job. They will all be gone by 6 .. plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So McCown and Allen, whom some media members have said they would be okay with, including Mr. SOJ Joe Beningo himself, would not be good for you

Nope. Sure would not. Media members? Mehta is what you call a “media member” ... are we really going to use them as sources of intelligent opinions? 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

How can anyone think Mayfield could ever start right away, in what planet do you live on?  Oh look he moved the backend of a defense a few times while he had 45 seconds to wait for his WR to get open, Plant flagging, and crouch grabbing aren’t traits needed to start day 1.  He played in the most basic offenses in football history let’s get real, and he doesn’t have any elite skill set to overcome his lack of experience, last season a guy twice as talented was persecuted for the same things, and rightfully so, and he went 10th overall, now everyone is panic mode, and is willing to take this overrated douche top 5 because they ****ed up under estimating 2 very superior talents last season for in our case an in the box Safety?  Any scenario where the Jets draft Baker Mayfield should be automatic firing for the whole management group down after passing on 2 guys far superior to him, but now we’re panicking.  Only thing that saves face for Macc is Darnold, or Rosen, and he should stop at nothing to get one of the two.

But Lamar Jackson is the new Randall Cunningham right? What planet do you live on is the question? LOL. I agree that Macc should stop at nothing to get a top guy. Mayfield is a top guy. He will be far better than Lamar Jackson.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

You'd like to think mccags has learned from that, and won't make the same cheap mistake this year.  

We just have to hope he has.

Just now, King P said:

Josh Allen to the Jets confirmed now.

@Mogglez thank you for your tidbits, now I'm at Red Lobster depressed as sh*t

Somebody tell Hackenberg he has been replaced!!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Remember when he came he had a ridiculously slow 3 cone or one of them.

and Polian said it was an unworkable number for a dlineman.  And he’d be a bust

But Polian doesn’t know anything

Polian, to me, is a mastermind GM who knows what he is talking about when he opens his mouth on player or roster evaluation. 

Dude has been legit for many many years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re going to give a QB who will be 30 years old before he takes his first snap, whose best season resulted in a 9-7 record, and you’re going to put him on a really, really bad Jets team, and you’re going to pay him $110 million dollars in cash for three years? This is advisable to you?

I was hoping you would exploit this before I did because I just don’t have the energy anymore to play this game with Gato lmfao. I was all aboard the Cousins express until I realized that express is never going to the Jets....time...to..move...ON.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

For Josh Allen haters, how do you feel about Lamar compared to Allen?

I hate Allen and Jackson but I think I’d actually be okay with Allen before Jackson. 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yessir, I think locking down Allen Robinson and an upgrade on the OL will go a long way toward enticing him to sign with us for bigger money. 

If his decision actually is going to be made by Wednesday then we have to attack as soon as the legal tampering period starts. Only way.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the Jets offer Cousins $90 million guaranteed he's theirs

How? The Vikings are offering 3yrs/91 million.

The Jets would have to offer 100 plus..lol..no thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Last half dozen pages, a few trade posts and the rest a bunch of professional GM's discussing who is more professional. And people wonder why individual threads on big trade moves are good.

+ 1 

Yet I get scolded.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 guy scolded you..  who gives a sh-t how he wants these laid out lol.  keep the separate threads coming.

3-4 actually lmao. Paradis, SAR and Joewilly12 and one other guy who I just figured out existed on the board.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Maybe - next year---but I doubt this year.  Five years is a long time and I don't think they've given up on Hack yet.

He isn’t signing for 5 years any where he goes though.

28 minutes ago, Grandy said:

McCown had a better year than him. What kind of improvement are we getting from him exactly? We'll just get a repeat of the last 3 years of mediocre veteran play.

Yeaaah...then look at every other year from McCown and compare it with Cousins years of starting. It doesn’t work that way. Cousins is by far the better QB and tbh McCown really didn’t have the better year, statistically. McCown is what he is. He’s a loser QB with a good attitude and decent back up value.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Do bof, definitely do bof

Not realistic. It’s Cousins or 1st round QB. Not both.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The problem with McCown is basically durability and that hurt his performance, too. He made too many mistakes because he was pretty well beat up. We could draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick only if you want to make this fan base go crazy. It would shake things up, huh. with many notable departures of people who can't take it anymore. I mean we haven't had a good fight since Fitz flew the coup. (it's not April 1st but just kidding)

Can’t even do that. Fitzpatrick signed back with the Bucs. And I honestly wouldn’t be able to handle that move anyway.

• Upvote 1

As the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes heats up, sources say at least 2 teams are prepared to offer the free agent QB a 3-year, fully guaranteed contract if that’s what it takes. At least one other team will do a similar deal nearly fully guaranteed. Would make him the highest paid QB.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

It’s day one of the legal tampering period ...C’mon.

everything is still he said/she said until tonight(less likely), tomorrow or the day of FA

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company