joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Last time the Jets had this much money in FA, MAcc made splash signings and it blew up.

So this time he's going to spread the money around to fill as many holes as he can. So it makes sense that the Jets aren't making splashy moves

Well the gm just lied to the fan base not more than a few days ago then.  Which is fine i suppose.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which makes sense too. Jets fans want the quick fix. It ain't coming

No jets fans want competent management and coaching and a real plan instead of saying 'we have plan' and then stumbling around. 

Cleveland seems to 'have a plan'  Buffalo seems to 'have a plan' if the jets have a plan they are not executing he plan.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Very active doesn't mean splash moves. You're smarter than that

What do you call a splash move?  Is getting the best players called 'splash'?  We don;t want to 'splash' so we will settle for a host of fair to bad players and probably end up overpaying them.

Just now, prime21 said:

Smart moves are what we need to make.  We We can offer a CB 12 million but they will take 10 from a better team.  Do we get crazy and pay 13 or 14?   Then we are nuts.  

Johnd Idzik got crucified for doing what mac is doing now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well then speak up and don't fly banners and buy billboards.

What do you think we are doing knob head.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No he didn't. Idzik got crucified for ******* the draft

Wrong again, he got killed for not signing the likes of DRC and letting other teams out bid us when we had cap room, just like what is happening now.  The draft came later.

• Like 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't love him. But he's still a big upgrade over Wesley Johnson.

An inanimate carbon rod would be an upgrade over Johnson.  If i had the patience i would go back to last year at this time when some of us were calling for us to draft a center and the usual  happy joy joy gang were telling us that Johnson was fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The thing is neither Gettleman nor Shurmur had anything to do with Webb. I’m sure Shurmur looked at him leading up,to the draft last year, but it’s hard to see how he’d rate compared to Rosen or Darnold.

Davis Webb STINKS.  I would be overjoyed if the giants thought he was their guy.  Webb = hackenburg

Giants and Bills are both going to come out of this draft with legit QBs for the future and the Jets will be having some 2nd round Qb sit on his ass behind mccown and bridgewater so he can run the scout team

• Like 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Bills are going to try and trade with the Giants

Could be that would be one target, indy as well.  If the giants have even a shred of a brain they sit there and take the 2nd best Qb in the draft

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Also, the sun will rise tomorrow (unless aliens from Alpha Centauri snuff it out tonight with a giant lazer). 

That is only going to happen as Sam Darnold of the NY Jets  is kneeling in victory formation with the Jets leading by 9 points with 20 seconds left in the super bowl as the Jets players Gatorade Jim Harbaugh.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

But, since it takes about 8 minutes for the heat and light from the sun to reach the earth, we would still die happily.

image.png

I looked at the march madness scores a few minutes ago.  I think your new avatar is going to be short lived.  :P

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There is still Ebron and hey look on the bright side you can stat pitching TEs to us in the draft forum like there is no tomorrow.  Now where is Brandon Pettigrews phone number?

One elite pass rusher makes your whole secondary one notch better.

Good DBs with a pass rush?  = Great DBS

Medium DBs with a pass rush?  = Good DBs

Half jag DBs with a pass rush?  = Medium DBs

And when I say pass rush I do not mean, hey!  We have to blitz a S or ILB ever play to get pressure!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're advocating for drafting Chubb at 6? 

Maybe we are saving our money because we know a team is about to try and unload a pass rusher due to cap issues, but that's unlikely. What we do know is that any FA that is a really good pass rusher doesn't hit the open market that often. They are either given big contract extensions or franchised.

The last really good one was Oliver Vernon who the Giants signed for 85 million and he has generated a whopping 15 sacks in 2 years (6.5 last year while Darron Lee had 3 and Demario Davis had 5). 

This team has been without a pass rusher for over a decade.  The last guy to really make our DBs look better than they were was Abraham.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Chubb is better suited playing on the inside. He isn’t quick enough to bend the corner. His 3 cone drill and 40 were disgustingly bad.

Then we want no part of him.

My actual point about the pass rusher is that if we actually had one we wouldn't have to break the bank on the secondary for Toddy Bowles.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

He’s a 4-3 end.  If Bowles is such a genius, than figure out a way to make it work.  

I hate to break this to you.....

• Haha 2

Thomlinson is our blocking TE in any case.  A key is leggett and if he can contribute this year.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:13 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

How the hell is a Keurig an upgrade? The beans aren’t freshly ground and the coffee tastes like Komodo Dragon diarrhea. 

Conveniently leaves out the harm to the environment!!!

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've been asking this for years. Make holding 5 yards instead of 10. It ruins so many drives

so you want the pats to hold on 100% of the plays rather than 87.5% of the plays?

Holding is fine as it is they hardly ever call it.  But they do call 4 or 5 cheesy PI calls a game worth 20 yards plus a crack.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Sterling looked really good in the game or so he got real playing time.

He was pretty good in his younger years.  This one is a no harm depth signing if we get him.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company