FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I think money will matter but if the Jets can lock down some good FAs early I think that will matter a lot. $30M + good FAs will look better than just $30M. He'll pick from the best situation, hard to imagine it won't be Minnesota.

Yessir, I think locking down Allen Robinson and an upgrade on the OL will go a long way toward enticing him to sign with us for bigger money. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets don’t even have better safeties than the Vikings. SAFETIES! Hahahahhahhahahahahahshshshshahahahhshahshdhshshahgahahahgshshddjkdjdjd

Weeeak, but congrats to them? That safety is the only major player they have under contract past 2019. 

Again - insist until kingdom come otherwise - the Vikings are irrelavant by 2019 unless they get all of Cousins, Hunter, Barr, and at least one of Rudolph/Diggs to sign cheap. There is only the tiniest shot at that happening. 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yessir, I think locking down Allen Robinson and an upgrade on the OL will go a long way toward enticing him to sign with us for bigger money. 

If his decision actually is going to be made by Wednesday then we have to attack as soon as the legal tampering period starts. Only way.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Weeeak, but congrats to them? That safety is the only major player they have under contract past 2019. 

Again - insist until kingdom come otherwise - the Vikings are irrelavant by 2019 unless they get all of Cousins, Hunter, Barr, and at least one of Rudolph/Diggs to sign cheap. 

Wait a second. Cousins is worth $120 mil but he’s not good enough to keep an NFC Championship Game participant relevant for three years?

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Again - insist until kingdom come otherwise - the Vikings are irrelavant by 2019 unless they get all of Cousins, Hunter, Barr, and at least one of Rudolph/Diggs to sign cheap. 

Don’t forget Eric Kendricks

Next to Kuechly, he might be the best MLB in the league right now and is the heart and soul of Minnesota’s front seven.

That’s another $10+ million a year contract they’re going to have to dish out within the next year.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait a second. Cousins is worth $120 mil but he’s not good enough to keep an NFC Championship Game participant relevant for three years?

Without their top pass rushers and pass catchers? Their top talent otherwise, past 2018, being a post-pime safety in his 30s? 

For all your whining about the money - do you think the NFL product deserves the $15+ BILLION annual revenues, tax breaks, and free stadiums? If yes then we’re not budging each other, and no obviously exposes you’re going with schtick. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How? The Vikings are offering 3yrs/91 million.

The Jets would have to offer 100 plus..lol..no thanks.

lol that’s $9 extra million dollars spread out over years. Like the Bills and their draft picks, that is not buying what you guys would like to insist and imagine it can. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No but really THO, the whining about money is nonsense. Get the QB, secure that position with all the resources, nothing matters otherwise. Suddenly you’ll realize again carazy things like Leonard Williams is a talent and Jamal Adams isn’t this piece of sh*t worth taking out all pent up frustrations on along with whoever else emerges.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cleveland makes three trades before mac can get out of the starbucks line up in the morning.

I'd rather Macc sleeps than trade for tyrod Taylor and an overpaid slot receiver. 

Macc should be smart enough to get better quality free agents and save the picks. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd rather Macc sleeps than trade for tyrod Taylor and an overpaid slot receiver. 

Macc should be smart enough to get better quality free agents and save the picks. 

Currently Tyrod Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Jets QB.

If they weren't the same div Taylor would be the ideal qb for todd bowels.  Throw for 150 yards a game run for some 1st downs and don;t turn it over.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Currently Tyrod Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Jets QB.

If they weren't the same div Taylor would be the ideal qb for todd bowels.  Throw for 150 yards a game run for some 1st downs and don;t turn it over.

So you're judging the jets off-season on March 10th before free agency even starts? Sounds about right for this board. 

Who gives a crap if the browns have a better QB than the Jets today? The bills has Taylor last year and decided to bench him for a garbage rookie. That's how much they think of him as a franchise QB. I'd rather have any one of keenum, Bradford, mccarron or Bridgewater. And I'd even rather have mccown.

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're judging the jets off-season on March 10th before free agency even starts? Sounds about right for this board. 

Who gives a crap if the browns have a better QB than the Jets today? The bills has Taylor last year and decided to bench him for a garbage rookie. That's how much they think of him as a franchise QB. I'd rather have any one of keenum, Bradford, mccarron or Bridgewater. And I'd even rather have mccown.

Pretty much the state of things. Some real tortured souls on this site, and they love to do it to themselves.  

It's bizarre to me that the wolf pack is against spending woodys money to sign a proven vet, but are all for parting with however many draft picks it takes for the honor of drafting Josh Rosen.

It's worth an extra 5 Mil to keep our 2nd rounders and have the flexibility of trading down from 6 if need be...  not to mention getting a QB who you know is good.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If only there was a team entirely out of contention who would pay Kirk Cousins gratuitously over his value and then tack on an additional twenty million dollars, but only to appease the union hawks?

RICH CIMINI: Kirk, you were the most sought-after free agent on the market this offseason. What made you choose the Jets?

COUSINS: This one’s for the teachers in West Virginia.

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think the biggest issue we have with the Jets trading or signing Taylor, Bridgewater, or Bradford is that once this FO has a QB (terrible but none the less) Bowles could manipulate Chris Johnson and Macc into ignoring QB and taking a CB at 6.

19 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Considering a dozen trades have ALREADY happened...

Seriously, it's the best right now. I really, really, really hope this ultra rare bout of confidence and optimism I have gets vindicated. The entertainment value here alone...

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

3-4 actually lmao. Paradis, SAR and Joewilly12 and one other guy who I just figured out existed on the board.

yeah.....

suffice to say their admonishments wouldn't impact my decision to start a new thread if I felt like it.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Yup. Teach me, since clearly you're amazing at this foruming.

No no, your widsom and perspective offered by layering on moooore sanctimonious outrage over people on a sports forum talking sports rather than sh*t talking each other puts you way above me sir. You are what I am striving to be - above the fray! 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

No no, your widsom and perspective offered by layering on moooore sanctimonious outrage over people on a sports forum talking sports rather than sh*t talking each other puts you way above me sir. You are what I am striving to be - above the fray! 

Lol! You got me! I'm raging! Roar! Cookie perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

selfreflection2-m3o5ohahkoqs4h7nkwdxtj2b

Dude, you moderate a football forum and are throwing your support behind a guy throwing a hissy fit over people talking football for several pages. Shane and I spent zero time treating each other like we were above or below the other and left on amicable terms - THAT should be a goal here. Not this phony ******* horsesh*t this guy is getting praised for pulling.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Dude, you moderate a football forum and are throwing your support behind a guy throwing a hissy fit over people talking football for several pages. Shane and I spent zero time treating each other like we were above or below the other and left on amicable terms - THAT should be a goal here. Not this phony ******* horsesh*t this guy is getting praised for pulling.

I'm throwing support and praise? I was just amused by one of his posts...then further amused by the irony of yours that followed, as you're arguably the last one to talk about keeping things about football. 

Lighten up, it's all good.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

No no sir, it is you that got me. Remember - I'm the loon talking football on a football forum. You're the guy preaching the truth - football opinions have no place here. Teach me! 

I legit don't know who you are. 

Archived