joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

33 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Rams GM took a DT, 5’9 WR, and huge bust at tackle at #2 with his first 3 first round picks. And yet here Les Snead is looking alright today. 

There’s no perfect path. But it does take time and little luck. And as much as you wanna hate the positions, they’re still good players. 

Snead also fired the Neanderthal head coach, which should be Macc’s next move

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We really need to get a baseball guy in here stat.

What’s DePodesta up to these days?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Snead also fired the Neanderthal head coach, which should be Macc’s next move

He also wanted that Neanderthal head coach as soon as he got there. Hey, live and you learn. 

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Calling bullsh*t on this almost immediately

I don't expect them to build the third super OL in two decades, that sh*t clearly does not work, but expect at least two new starters.

Norwell is a top-5 OG in the NFL.  Neither of our guys is legitimately in the top-50.  But Macc seems 'happy' with our guys while he sits on a pile of salary cap he will be hard-pressed to use and then end up spending in a blind panic.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Norwell is a top-5 OG in the NFL.  Neither of our guys is legitimately in the top-50.  But Macc seems 'happy' with our guys while he sits on a pile of salary cap he will be hard-pressed to use and then end up spending in a blind panic.

Sounds like a hell of a tale.

Who was Jason Kelce before 2017? Stefen Wisniewski? I think I was the only Wisniewski fan on the planet before 2018. Halapoulisomething? 

We fall for the same traps over and over and over, actually getting more miserable if a FO shows any sign of not doing the same sh*t.

55 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Took the Jags 5 years, took the Raiders even longer than that. What happen to the 49ers was a gift from Bill Belichick, any team that acquired Jimmy G especially that much cap would have had a fast turn around. 

If we get our QB this season then we will be contending for a playoff berth this season, after that I think the sky is the limit.

Time to update your Mock lots of trades and Tags not represented in your Mock 1.0.

appreciate the effort though,

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Is it three for $91M? or is it $27M per year? It can’t be both cause the math is off.... by $10M, which makes me think nobody REALLY knows. 

According to this, Cousins is going to sign for less than Garappolo.  No chance in hell that happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know how the Jets could move up to two and help themselves AND the Giants? Offer to take Olivier Vernon’s massive contract off the Giants’ books. He’ll be 28 at the start of the season, has been a really good player, but his cap number is almost $20 mil this year and next. Offer them the #6 pick, one of the twos, and a future two for the #2 and Vernon. Hell, offer to swap Darron Lee and DRC while you’re at it. 

I’ve thought about this again and it’s such a great idea. You don’t say, Tom? No, I do. Alright man, go get some air. Don’t tell me what to do, you’re not my boss. Get going.

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sounds like a hell of a tale.

Who was Jason Kelce before 2017? Stefen Wisniewski? I think I was the only Wisniewski fan on the planet before 2018. Halapoulisomething? 

We fall for the same traps over and over and over, actually getting more miserable if a FO shows any sign of not doing the same sh*t.

So keep Carpenter and Winters at guard because, Jason Kelce. 

Sound logic.

None of these Cousins to Vikings rumors are true unless there was some significant illegal tampering going on.

Interest? Ok.... Signed, sealed, delivered with contract details? Nah bro.

The Kirk sweepstakes is a lot more open than Twitter is leading on

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

None of these Cousins to Vikings rumors are true unless there was some significant illegal tampering going on.

I think a lot of these rumors are coming from Cousins' agent to drive up the price. I don't think it's done deal by any means.

20 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

90CD58FB-48A3-4776-97CE-896BE0B5CFAE.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Albert Breer on NFlL Radio just stated the Jets have a very legitimate chance of signing Cousins. The legal period to contact free agents begins tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Albert Breer on NFlL Radio just stated the Jets have a very legitimate chance of signing Cousins. The legal period to contact free agents begins tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure Cousins will be a Jet - not happy about it, but it's happenning.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm pretty sure Cousins will be a Jet - not happy about it, but it's happenning.

That's my gut feeling too. 

Jets Fan: We should sign Cousins,

Jets Fan: We should sign Brees

Mike Maccagnan: If we give Josh McCown a third year at twenty seven million we can void it after two and save a lot of cap space.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So keep Carpenter and Winters at guard because, Jason Kelce. 

Sound logic.

Yep, nailed it

Lets throw all the cap space at the OL again. This time it will be different.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

From your mouth to gods ears! Signing Cousins for 5 years would allow us to go BPA in the draft with 3 picks in the top 49 players. Fill the holes in free agency. It's time the Jets start picking playmakers. Fixing the Oline, and drafting a stud like Guice or Jones, maybe trading a 3 to move up for Kirk to replace Kearse after next year. 

Seeing the Jets landing (Nelson, Ward, Edwards), (Guice, Michel, Jones), Kirk, I'm a happy Jet fan! You don't need super star WRs, if you have a good line, a great runner, a couple of good backup RBs (Dion Lewis, McGuire), a TE, Burton?, maybe draft Doekert?. 

If Enunwa comes back and you had Kearse, Anderson, Kirk, Stewart, Hansen, with one of Michel, Guice or Jones, with Cousins flinging it, you could have a damn good balanced offense. Anyone that saw the combine? Kirk was impressive as hell! Gonna be a good one, his hands were f*cking amazing in the gauntlet & was smooth as silk, great balance & awesome acceleration! 

Sign Cousins, Richburg, Robinson. Draft Nelson, Michel/Jones II, Edge rusher. And we’re not even in the 3rd round yet....

would be amazing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

From your mouth to gods ears! Signing Cousins for 5 years would allow us to go BPA in the draft with 3 picks in the top 49 players. Fill the holes in free agency. It's time the Jets start picking playmakers. Fixing the Oline, and drafting a stud like Guice or Jones, maybe trading a 3 to move up for Kirk to replace Kearse after next year. 

Seeing the Jets landing (Nelson, Ward, Edwards), (Guice, Michel, Jones), Kirk, I'm a happy Jet fan! You don't need super star WRs, if you have a good line, a great runner, a couple of good backup RBs (Dion Lewis, McGuire), a TE, Burton?, maybe draft Doekert?. 

If Enunwa comes back and you had Kearse, Anderson, Kirk, Stewart, Hansen, with one of Michel, Guice or Jones, with Cousins flinging it, you could have a damn good balanced offense. Anyone that saw the combine? Kirk was impressive as hell! Gonna be a good one, his hands were f*cking amazing in the gauntlet & was smooth as silk, great balance & awesome acceleration! 

And be mediocre for 5 years - I can understand this position of wanting Cousins - it's just not all that exciting and feels like the same move the Jets have been making for 15 years.

This will likely assure the Jets won't be a 5 win team - but probably also assures of not being an 11 win team either.  I want to roll the dice and get a legitmiate franchise QB...

But I get the idea of trying to simply be competitive.

The rumors are odd.  Vikings for 3 x 27?  I thought the market for Cousins was going to be 30?

The Jets can frontload a 30mm/year contract and not blow their sad team up.  It is much harder for the Vikings and Broncos to do that.  Watch out for the Bills now.  

I think astute GMs realize that Cousins is a good not great QB that you don’t pay too much for-a lot, but not enough to make him carry the team.  If I had to guess, Cousins signs for slightly less money than expected, unless he signs with the Jets.  

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

it's just not all that exciting and feels like the same move the Jets have been making for 15 years.

It's the exact opposite of these two things

• Upvote 2

Just now, SenorGato said:

It's the exact opposite of these two things

explain?

I see a veteran who's current team didn't want him (prefered Alex Smith) and a QB that has never won a playoff game - and has an overall losing record as a starter - and an abysmla record against winning teams.

Not particularly exciting to have that for 5 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

explain?

I see a veteran who's current team didn't want him (prefered Alex Smith) and a QB that has never won a playoff game - and has an overall losing record as a starter - and an abysmla record against winning teams.

He is a top ten passer with a top 5 and top 7 season under his belt. That is the opposite of the QBs and players the Jets have fielded in 4+ decades, let alone 15 years.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

He is a top ten passer with a top 5 and top 7 season under his belt. That is the opposite of the QBs and players the Jets have fielded in 4+ decades, let alone 15 years.

Wasn't McCown on his way to a top 7 passer last year before injury - pacing at 4,000 yards?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

explain?

Fidelio Jet dies not want to sign Kirk Cousins but players from other teams are wooing him on twitter, lol. Von Miller is literally asking him to come to the Broncos. David Johnson is asking him to come to the Cardinals. Kirk Cousins would be the best QB the Jets have here since Favre visited for a year.He threw for 27 TDs & 4000 yards this year throwing to Terrell Pryor & a guy named Dotson. He lost his starting TE (Reed) who was never healthy, and they were down to their 4th RB because of injuries. 

We have an opportiunity to add a stud RB (Guice?), maybe trade up to grab a stud WR (Kirk). 

So, I am doing a mock on Facebook.  Representing the Jets.  We were going to start tomorrow, so this AM I struck a deal with the Giants to move up to 2.  The trade is final. Then, the guy running the mock decides he may push it back a week to see what happens in FA.

Now, I know we are getting Cousins.

So I just looked over the free agent list and it's pretty scary thin. As far as I know the guys still available that would have an impact are obviously G Norwell, C  Jensen and WR Robinson. 

What is the deal with tyler eifert?  Injured? 

I would think he stays where he is after the Tampering period 

So what I should expect, don't even know why I'm asking, is that even when the Jets land Cousins and the consensus is wrong for like the 5th time already this offseason, JN will still find a way to be miserable? Even though the whole narrative has been about how all these forever winners want to pay him as much as they can to win and he's too good to come here - most will work really hard to sell the idea that this guy is mediocre? I already expect the least objective hot takes of the salary possibl, but that's going to come from everywhere as folks flock to protect the owners' money..

• Upvote 1