joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

The problem with McCown is basically durability and that hurt his performance, too. He made too many mistakes because he was pretty well beat up. We could draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick only if you want to make this fan base go crazy. It would shake things up, huh. with many notable departures of people who can't take it anymore. I mean we haven't had a good fight since Fitz flew the coup. (it's not April 1st but just kidding)

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Honestly I wanted Cousins but now I’m thinking I rather draft a QB just to keep one away from Buf or Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do bof, definitely do bof

28 minutes ago, Grandy said:

McCown had a better year than him. What kind of improvement are we getting from him exactly? We'll just get a repeat of the last 3 years of mediocre veteran play.

Yeaaah...then look at every other year from McCown and compare it with Cousins years of starting. It doesn’t work that way. Cousins is by far the better QB and tbh McCown really didn’t have the better year, statistically. McCown is what he is. He’s a loser QB with a good attitude and decent back up value.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The problem with McCown is basically durability and that hurt his performance, too. He made too many mistakes because he was pretty well beat up. We could draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick only if you want to make this fan base go crazy. It would shake things up, huh. with many notable departures of people who can't take it anymore. I mean we haven't had a good fight since Fitz flew the coup. (it's not April 1st but just kidding)

Can’t even do that. Fitzpatrick signed back with the Bucs. And I honestly wouldn’t be able to handle that move anyway.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why doesn’t Minnesota go for Brees . At least take a shot like people say the Jets should?

That would be great. Free up Cousins for the Jets. 

17 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Do bof, definitely do bof

This team would never do bof. Getting a veteran QB just gives Macc an excuse to take BPA at 6, or trade down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Not a big fan of Richardson's as a person, and was glad to see him gone for a 2nd, but at $7 M that's a steal and I'd sign him quickly.

We’re paying Beachum, Winters, Skrine, and Carpenter around that this year.  $7M for Richardson is a steal.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

We’re paying Beachum, Winters, Skrine, and Carpenter around that this year.  $7M for Richardson is a steal.

Paul.  Not Sheldon.  Paul Richardson is the one asking for $7MM.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This team would never do bof. Getting a veteran QB just gives Macc an excuse to take BPA at 6, or trade down.

I'm not so sure. This draft kinda sucks outside of some DBs, Landry, the main three QBs, some serious ILB prospects, a handful IOL prospects...

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Paul.  Not Sheldon.  Paul Richardson is the one asking for $7MM.

He's more of a steal at $7 million than Sheldon.

5 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

It’s not pure crap. How fast do you think a rebuild takes? 1-2 years? I listed in another thread several GMs that took 4-5 years to reach the playoffs once they started. And that was with some even finding their QB earlier on. 

Teams become immediately relevant when they get a QB. I’m not gettingvibto an argument over how many years a rebuild takes, it’s ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol no visits.. That guy has his mind made up .. 

It may just be that the Jets are offering way more money so he can't say no to it regardless of the other teams

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It may just be that the Jets are offering way more money so he can't say no to it regardless of the other teams

We could only hope 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol no visits.. That guy has his mind made up .. 

“I’m told” is the equivalent of not having a citable source.  

I thought KC said he’d take his time making up his mind, which actually makes sense; getting courted about town truly seeing what each team has to offer makes all the sense in the world. 

• Upvote 1

I am surprised Sherman got all he did. And his name should never be in the same sentence as "hall of fame". I hope we bring in the honey badger.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

I am surprised Sherman got all he did. And his name should never be in the same sentence as "hall of fame". I hope we bring in the honey badger.

HELL YES

Image result for tyrann mathieu

• Upvote 3

Can someone tell me why we would be interested in Dion Lewis??

I think he’s good but do we really need a better version of Powell? We already have the original as well as the poor mans version with McGuire. Don’t think we need the trifecta. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I think he’s good but do we really need a better version of Powell? We already have the original as well as the poor mans version with McGuire. Don’t think we need the trifecta. 

Only way it really makes sense to me is if the Jets move on from Powell.

If the Jets trade Powell for a late round pick or outright release him, I wouldn’t mind bringing in Lewis at all and drafting more of a power back like Chubb.

Lewis, Chubb and McGuire has the potential to be a really nice backfield. Especially if guys like Cousins and Robinson are added to the mix and we improve the OL a bit.

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Oh man I’d LOVE to see that video presentation by the Jets. I can only imagine. 

“Behold, Kirk. All of this could be yours.” 

56BDF7A5-449A-449E-9E47-18239F960DE7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Plus you need someone for the middle of the season when Dion inevitably gets hurt. He's a talented kid, but he can't stay on the field. We can absolutely draft a Jones or Michel to pair with him, but he's by no means someone who can carry the load.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Behold, Kirk. All of this could be yours.” 

56BDF7A5-449A-449E-9E47-18239F960DE7.gif

Pwnd. And Big Mouth Adams is really enjoying himself.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Oh man I’d LOVE to see that video presentation by the Jets. I can only imagine. 

So would I... Larry David, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, George RR Martin, cast of a couple broadway shows given how much a fan he is etc.. Get as much star power in there you can asking him to come to NY.

What are the Vikings going to show him?  The roller coaster and Cinnabon at that stupid mall?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The Jets should be looking to upgrade every position on offense

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

So would I... Larry David, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, George RR Martin, cast of a couple broadway shows given how much a fan he is etc.. Get as much star power in there you can asking him to come to NY.

What are the Vikings going to show him?  The roller coaster and Cinnabon at that stupid mall?

Man. Throw in Carrot Top and Joe Piscopo just to really seal the deal. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

F*ck it.

If this is true, file a tampering charge Macc.  It's pretty clear the rumors of a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" deal are true and that his mind is already made up.  If you're gonna burn out in a blaze of glory, burn the whole village down too.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

and old footage of james gandolfini  enjoying a hotdog at the meadowlands

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You're right...  Carrot Top probably appeals to his Christian sensibilities more than Rock does.

86 Chris Rock and plug in CT.