Jump to content
joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I am surprised Sherman got all he did. And his name should never be in the same sentence as "hall of fame". I hope we bring in the honey badger.

The hurting badger can't stay on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayrad01 said:

The hurting badger can't stay in the field.

We're in business, because I don't care what the stats say, Buster stinks and stays on the field and doesn't help our D. So a hurt Badger > regular Skrine.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pointman said:

We're in business, because I don't care what the stats say, Buster stinks and stays on the field and doesn't help our D. So a hurt Badger > regular Skrine.

Definitely would have less penalties.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Can someone tell me why we would be interested in Dion Lewis??

I think he’s good but do we really need a better version of Powell? We already have the original as well as the poor mans version with McGuire. Don’t think we need the trifecta. 

I really like Lewis, he's turned into a complete back.

I know everybody wants to draft an RB. But the problem is everybody also wants a QB. Just know that if y'all want a QB so bad, the Jets are gonna have to trade up for him. Also know that if we do trade up for a QB, we're probably not gonna have the picks anymore that we would have used to draft an RB.

For that alone, I'm completely ok with signing Dion Lewis.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pointman said:

Pwnd. And Big Mouth Adams is really enjoying himself.

I hate the Jets too, but why don't people like Jamal Adams? 

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Currently sending potential courtiers a video presentation wherein Joe Piscopo and Kevin James sing my praises thx

tbh cousins strikes me as a big king of queens fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The problem with McCown is basically durability and that hurt his performance, too. He made too many mistakes because he was pretty well beat up. We could draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick only if you want to make this fan base go crazy. It would shake things up, huh. with many notable departures of people who can't take it anymore. I mean we haven't had a good fight since Fitz flew the coup. (it's not April 1st but just kidding)

Yes.... that and the fact there are Appalachian mountains younger than him

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, King P said:

I really like Lewis, he's turned into a complete back.

I know everybody wants to draft an RB. But the problem is everybody also wants a QB. Just know that if y'all want a QB so bad, the Jets are gonna have to trade up for him. Also know that if we do trade up for a QB, we're probably not gonna have the picks anymore that we would have used to draft an RB.

For that alone, I'm completely ok with signing Dion Lewis.

I prefer Ronald Jones in the draft.

Image result for usc rb in the draft pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I hate the Jets too, but why don't people like Jamal Adams? 

 

because he can't impact a game and stuff..  only Qb's, Rb's, WRs, Edge Rushers, and Left Tackles can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

I prefer Ronald Jones in the draft.

Image result for usc rb in the draft pics

I do too. But he's gonna go in the 2nd round. And if we trade up for a QB, you can kiss both 2nd round picks goodbye

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

So would I... Larry David, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, George RR Martin, cast of a couple broadway shows given how much a fan he is etc.. Get as much star power in there you can asking him to come to NY.

What are the Vikings going to show him?  The roller coaster and Cinnabon at that stupid mall?

2

 

Well, they've got Hormel.  Bacon and SPAM should be about all that's needed to top whatever the Jets come up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Currently sending potential courtiers a video presentation wherein Joe Piscopo and Kevin James sing my praises thx

Now that's sure to have them knocking down your door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its finally here. FA starts and I think a lot of guys are going to be disappointed at the results. Unless Macc pulls a complete 180 and makes some things happen I believe it may be underwhelming. I hope I'm wrong but... Macc is Macc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well its finally here. FA starts and I think a lot of guys are going to be disappointed at the results. Unless Macc pulls a complete 180 and makes some things happen I believe it may be underwhelming. I hope I'm wrong but... Macc is Macc.

What do you mean by underwhelming? What would that be to you?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i dont hate lewis but prefer to go rb thru the draft. sonny mitchell or rashaad penny

Didn't Michel have a bad combine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What do you mean by underwhelming? What would that be to you?

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I hate the Jets too, but why don't people like Jamal Adams? 

 

Because he’s not Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Pac said:

because he can't impact a game and stuff..  only Qb's, Rb's, WRs, Edge Rushers, and Left Tackles can.

I like that Pac is so deep in the tank for Maccagnan that he has to act like all positions are the same, purely because that entails significantly less cognitive strain than just admitting Maccagnan hasn’t been able to find a single long-term solution at any of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Time to update your Mock lots of trades and Tags not represented in your Mock 1.0.

appreciate the effort though,

Yea haven't touched it in a while haha. I'll probably do a mock draft at this point with FA so close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

I actually like Darkwa. Averaged 4.4 YPC with a horrible Giants OL. 

Richburg, statistically is a good C when healthy, so that's ok.

I don't know why we would want Tavon Austin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

WTF with this Orleans Darkwa?  Why do the Jets want to pay for him, does his agent have something on Macc?  Just draft Bo Scarbaugh if you want that kind of RB in the 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Didn't Michel have a bad combine?

Even if he did he has proven through his field play against tough SEC competition that he is a good player.  Combine numbers in shorts and tee shirts are for numbers nerds, ability to play football is proven on the field.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

WTF with this Orleans Darkwa?  Why do the Jets want to pay for him, does his agent have something on Macc?  Just draft Bo Scarbaugh if you want that kind of RB in the 5th.

I actually don't hate him as much as a lot of people do.  I think he can actually be a solid bruiser back to change the pace of a game.  I just don't think he's worth a FA pick up. 

Put it this way, I don't think this is Chris Ivory 2.0.  I think it's more along the lines of Zac Stacy 2.0.  If I'm right about that, I'd rather go get a guy in the later rounds of the draft, so we're in total agreement.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Didn't Michel have a bad combine?

You know who else had a bad combine last year?  Alvin Kamara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I actually like Darkwa. Averaged 4.4 YPC with a horrible Giants OL. 

Richburg, statistically is a good C when healthy, so that's ok.

I don't know why we would want Tavon Austin

See my last post to know what I feel about Darkwa.

I would actually like a Richburg signing.

We'll probably look into Austin if we miss out on Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, AND Paul Richardson.

I wouldn't hate all of those signings (I would hate Tavon though), but if that's the only haul we have this off-season, it would indicate a total failure considering how much money we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

See my last post to know what I feel about Darkwa.

I would actually like a Richburg signing.

We'll probably look into Austin if we miss out on Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, AND Paul Richardson.

I wouldn't hate all of those signings (I would hate Tavon though), but if that's the only haul we have this off-season, it would indicate a total failure considering how much money we have.

I think JOe Cap said they would go after John Brown from Arizona in that case

As for Darkwa, you probably are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited about the upcoming week. 

Ideally, we'd have signed Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, Aaron Colvin (CB Jaguars) and Zach Fulton (C/G Chiefs) by the end of the week.

The first two of those are clearly debatable; can't really blame anyone that doesn't want to spend 30 million a year on Kirk Cousins or 13 million a year on Allen Robinson, nor can I blame either of them for saying "No thank you" to this franchise.  

The second two on that wishlist are guys looking to take the step from reserves to starters and haven't gotten paid yet.  They should be easier to entice.  

Mac, Bowles:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Tavon Austin, Weston Richburg, Demario Davis, Morris Claiborne, Orleans Darkwa, and ASJ being our only signings.

I’d legit have to start thinking about a new team.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...