joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting when you couple it with the trade of JPP.   I'm starting to believe the idea that the Giants want Chubb in this draft.  If that's true and I were them, I'd try to move down just one spot with the Jets and take any pick I can get for it (4th, 5th, etc.), then take Chubb at 3.  The Giants can't be assured of anyone after Cleveland picks 4th.

Why don’t we offer up Carpenter?  Help shore up their OL.  He is not a fit for the zone blocking scheme anyway.  This allows up to keep a draft pick.  And for the Giants, they get a year to assess and potentially resign Carpenter.

Compared to the contract that Norwell and Jensen got, Carpenter’s is a good deal.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Not a bad idea, but even with Carpenter being a less-than-ideal fit in Bates' zone blocking scheme, he's still a big talented guy and I don't want to deplete an Offensive Line at the same time we're putting our Pot o' Draft Picks behind it and banking on that pick being the future of the franchise.

Well the OL is something that we need to address during the draft.  Carp’s a free agent after this season and both Beachum and Winters have little to no $$ guaranteed next year making them potential cap cuts.  

Draft at least two and hopefully pick up another vet in Aug.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company