joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Just now, Sully80 said:

Man I hate the Jets 100 million in cap space, no QB, no WR, no OL, no RB. At least none left that are worth signing. Let's go sign a bunch of defensive players to try and make Bowles look like a competent Defensive Coordinator. What a joke.

not even a rumor of them pursuing anyone except cousins.  maybe mccagnan is really paralyzed until he gets an answer.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Just think of all the sh*tty players that we can get for 90 mill baby.

and all the defensive players they can get at#6 and then in the 2nd round.

Just now, Sully80 said:

Translation: Jets are gonna sign a bunch of jags  

so they can field a team when they trade half their draft for a qb.

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

We’re gonna minkah the darkwa out of this offseason so effing hard. 

didn't mccagnan say the other day that he's going to be active in free agency?  i'd love to see what his interpretation of being inactive is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So we do start planning for the billboard now or do we wait till after the draft? 

can we use some of the capspace for this?

Just now, BigRy56 said:

What's the d/l on Spencer Long - is he actually a good center or are we just pandering to Cousins now?

pandering to cousins.  as if this would matter.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Yesss Burton to the Bears, ASJ to SEA

We're are fcking rolling people! 

is asj to seattle done?

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I would not really mind loading up on defense outside of C and then go offense heavy in the draft. 

that would work if we were drafting #2.

Just now, Sully80 said:

Leave it to Mac, has 9 figures to play with and goes to the flea market to try to find a diamond in the rough instead 

maybe he can unearth the next kyle schauderlauf.

Just now, Lith said:

at least he's not over 35, but that's where the happiness ends.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is what you call—to use the parlance of our times—a freefall.

noone here would be upset if mccagnan traded up for a qb.  that doesn't mean he should sit on $100 in cap space though.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I would rather roll the dice on Bridgewater's health than roll with a 39 year old McCown.  If he can get/stay healthy at 25, Bridgewater could be a long term answer.  No more 35+ QBs, please.

the problem is that mccagnan will convince himself he's struck untapped gold like he did when he took hack, and bypass qb in the first round.  

• Like 1

Just now, First_Blood said:

Teddy's career will be completely finished with our offensive line

that's whey they can draft lamar so he can be the running back.

• Like 1

Just now, Paradis said:

the is the best party on the planet. Where else can you get front row seats to the end of the world. 

wherever the jets draft party is this year when it actually ends.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

To me McCown is not an acceptable solution. I've been a big defender of Macc and Bowles as well. But going with McCown even if they draft a QB at 6 doesn't work for me. I want a better option in the present than McCown. I'd much rather this team sign Bridgewater, draft a QB in the first round and gamble that Bridgewater's knee is healthy instead of going back to McCown next season with a rookie QB and virtually sacrificing another season from a win-loss perspective.

great way to get woody to fire bowles, draft mayfield, resign mccown, watch bowles play mccown all year.  fans go nuts.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just absolute idiocy by this front office. I can’t even fathom who thinks this is a good idea. 

does that include teddy?

• Haha 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Expect nothing positive from the NY Jets and never be disappointed. 

joewilly12

that's not necessarily true.

Just now, Scoop24 said:

I still don’t think they realize all Minnesota had to offer . New state of the art facility , stones throw from his home town Detroit , one of best defense in nfl , plenty of talent at the skill position , that fully guaranteed is just the cream on top . Not to mention how much he saves on taxes 

minnesota and michigan have tax reciprocity.  we have todd bowles.

• Haha 2

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Mac better buy out every single remaining free agent to make it up to us. He needs to repair our broken spirits

he'll need that just to spend the cap.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Kirk has proven to be the Revis of QBs

it was always about him.  he wasn't highly recruited out of high school, wasn't drafted high and the redskins ignored him for years.  now he's filming a documentary.  it's all about him, it's a revenge tour.

Just now, Sully80 said:

Being sunk by the weight of all of the money we have in cap space

they wouldn't have signed anyone if they had no cap space either.  so there's that.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Guys, lets all settle down (i'm talking to myself here) and just try to focus on the reality.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  You cant sign every big name FA on the market with 90 mill in cap space.  You have to be judicious in your approach.  Cut Big Mac some slack.  Look at what he inherited.  BB himself couldnt turn this around in one offseason. 

Jet up, bitches! 

i think we'd all be on board if they wind up getting a real qb and have a plan for offense.  but the reality is that this franchise has basically ignored offense in the past decade, they HAVE NOT ADDED ONE DECENT PLAYER ON OFFENSE IN THE FIRST OR SECOND ROUNDS OF THE DRAFT IN THE PAST 10 YEARS.  that's why nobody wants to come here.  

Just now, peebag said:

It's his fourth year.  When does the rebuild start, year 10?

yes, when the first draft pick, leonard williams, retires.

if this is mccagnan being active i can't wait for the draft. teams trading ahead of the jets, drafting qbs, watching the stupid 10 minute clock tick all the way to zero so they can draft another defensive lineman. then the gm says 'we're not done, we have 3 picks tomorrow'.   

Just now, prime21 said:

Vikings will not win the Super Bowl in the next 3 years.  Book it Dano!

book this - neither will we.

• Like 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He would of had to of blown people away to sign them and he was in the perfect situation to do it with no cap repercussions. It should have happened and it didn’t. It’s pathetic. T0m was absolutely right... What it boils down to, Macc put together a sh*t roster and now he can’t even sign players to save it from becoming a sh*t roster next year. It’s honestly all his fault.

the lack of draft picks and money allocated to the offense in recent years is beyond astounding.  that's how their best offensive player can be an UDFA.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I said it yesterday and was ridiculed for it called negative.  

No free agents on the list were winning this team a Super Bowl 

I stand by my comment.

so you're saying cap space is useless?  i think mccagnan agrees with you right now.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company