FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Do we really need more of these ? Khiry,  washed up forte, Ridley wish would just draft our starting caliber RB.  Stop messing around these type of guys . McGuire is essentially a darkwa caliber of player.  

This post a little all over the place. Robinson and Ridley had very different roles than Forte. Forte had a significant role, the other two were #3 backs. Not sure Robinson would’ve made the roster if he was healthy.

I think it’s important to have a 4th back for competition/depth in camp. Someone you can cut without penalty. And ideally someone with a little power since that doesn’t really exist on the roster. This way you don’t “need” to draft a back - you have 3 (Powell, McGuire, FA)  but I agree with you that they should.

I’d like to see them go into camp with Powell, McGuire, FA, and a rookie drafted day 2. Let Powell and the rookie push each other - hopefully the rookie takes the job - and ditto with McGuire and the FA for the #3 role.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, derp said:

This post a little all over the place. Robinson and Ridley had very different roles than Forte. Forte had a significant role, the other two were #3 backs. Not sure Robinson would’ve made the roster if he was healthy.

I think it’s important to have a 4th back for competition/depth in camp. Someone you can cut without penalty. And ideally someone with a little power since that doesn’t really exist on the roster. This way you don’t “need” to draft a back - you have 3 (Powell, McGuire, FA)  but I agree with you that they should.

I’d like to see them go into camp with Powell, McGuire, FA, and a rookie drafted day 2. Let Powell and the rookie push each other - hopefully the rookie takes the job - and ditto with McGuire and the FA for the #3 role.

I agree, but we have 90 million in cap space. If we come out of free agency with a concussion plagued center, marginal QB and a 4th string RB well there will be some very disgruntled jets fans. And rightfully so.

That's why I don't understand why we're not in the Allen Robinson sweepstakes. 

The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who says we're not?

I'm not saying we should buy all the free agent reporting but usually the reports are accurate with respect to which teams are interested. All reports I've seen don't mention the Jets as being one of the teams interested.

I hope they're wrong but  signs are pointing to us missing out on cousins and not interested in Robinson.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

why?  He's not great at anything.  Average receiver with a few critical bobbles that ruined a couple of games.  Average blocking skills.  $4million per year is generous.

Just now, Dcat said:

why?  He's not great at anything.  Average receiver with a few critical bobbles that ruined a couple of games.  Average blocking skills.  $4million per year is generous.

Agreed..I like ASJ but I'd be more than happy with Burton or even eifert since we seem to have some depth at tight end that may be able to step up if eifert...I mean when eifert gets hurt. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not saying we should buy all the free agent reporting but usually the reports are accurate with respect to which teams are interested. All reports I've seen don't mention the Jets as being one of the teams interested.

I hope they're wrong but it's signs are pointing to us missing out on cousins and not interested in Robinson.

With Jarvis Landry gone, Allen Robinson’s top suitors in free agency is expected to be the Bears, 49ers, Ravens and Jets. Jaguars are still trying to get a deal done before legal tampering begins on Monday.

League sources believe that the #Jets will try to sign WR Allen Robinson immediately after Free Agency begins. This move would be used to persuade Kirk Cousins to come to New York.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I said he'd get $6-7M. I still think that is fair value considering his age and potential upside. I think he will be valuable for Cousins or the rookie that comes in, it doesn't make sense in my opinion to create another hole. If it's only a 2 year deal I don't really see the issue.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The only risk is that he takes our offer.

The list of teams showing interest in former Cowboys defensive end Benson Mayowa is growing.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Mayowa is visiting the Jets on Monday. He is expected to go on to visit the Redskins on Tuesday and Rapoport reports that the Seahawks and Colts have also shown interest in hosting Mayowa if he doesn’t land a deal on those visits.

Mayowa was released by the Cowboys last week after spending two years with the team. He had six sacks in his first year with Dallas, but only had one last season and has nine for his five-year NFL career.

The Jets had 28 sacks last season and ranked 28th in the league in that category, so they’d likely be hoping for something closer to Mayowa’s 2016 production if they do strike a deal with him on Monday.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think people are goingo be surprised how much he'll get from other teams. His age and health plus potential upside might been seen as more valuable than an old Jimmy Graham or an injury prone Eifert. I think he'll still be paid less than them but I can see why teams will want him.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The list of teams showing interest in former Cowboys defensive end Benson Mayowa is growing.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Mayowa is visiting the Jets on Monday. He is expected to go on to visit the Redskins on Tuesday and Rapoport reports that the Seahawks and Colts have also shown interest in hosting Mayowa if he doesn’t land a deal on those visits.

Mayowa was released by the Cowboys last week after spending two years with the team. He had six sacks in his first year with Dallas, but only had one last season and has nine for his five-year NFL career.

The Jets had 28 sacks last season and ranked 28th in the league in that category, so they’d likely be hoping for something closer to Mayowa’s 2016 production if they do strike a deal with him on Monday.

LOL, why the F* are we in on this guy?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Cant wait to see another year of Mac getting his ass kicked in the FA market while all the other teams in the league get better and the Jets just circle the pot. 

OH at Jets offices, 11:03 A.M. today: “Hey, anyone know if Kurt Cousins’ agent uses an iPhone? I don’t want to burn up all my minutes.”

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I said he'd get $6-7M. I still think that is fair value considering his age and potential upside. I think he will be valuable for Cousins or the rookie that comes in, it doesn't make sense in my opinion to create another hole. If it's only a 2 year deal I don't really see the issue.

agree, another $2M per year for us in our cap position is worth not having a big hole at TE.  I see we have been linked to Ebron?  Maybe they would rather give him the $6-7M?  IDK

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

With Jarvis Landry gone, Allen Robinson’s top suitors in free agency is expected to be the Bears, 49ers, Ravens and Jets. Jaguars are still trying to get a deal done before legal tampering begins on Monday.

League sources believe that the #Jets will try to sign WR Allen Robinson immediately after Free Agency begins. This move would be used to persuade Kirk Cousins to come to New York.

I have more followers than Jets dynasty....

I'm talking about reports from legit sources. Again, I hope I'm wrong and we get him but if we don't it will be very disappointing. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You are a big splash move guy, I perceive.

Not really.  I actually think in general, you should avoid the big splash big money guys in FA but unfortunately, you have to pay to play or you end up signing a bag of sh*t like Benson Mayowa.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Don't get sentimental in negotiations.  Just because we finally used the TE position last year

doesn't mean Seferian-Jenkins was Antonio Gates in his prime.  There are others on the market

and we still have Leggett coming back from injury

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's why I don't understand why we're not in the Allen Robinson sweepstakes. 

He’s arguably the single most overrated FA.

Paul Richardson, Trey Burton, and Cameron Bates ftw, and Jah knows I want Bell to have that tag rescinded. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So overrated Allen Robinson is going to leave a team desperate for a #1 WR who was 10 minutes from the Super Bowl, to sign with the Jets to use him to hopefully sign Kirk Cousins who is all but guaranteed to go to the Vikings?

LOGIC!

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What do you mean by that?

I'd say he means signing 2nd tier FA's because game changers cost to much. At this point a lot of us have very little faith in the FO. Never mine the ownership. 

I think the Jets motto should be "We strive for mediocrity!"

1 minute ago, JiF said:

So Allen Robinson is going to leave a team desperate for a #1 WR who was 10 minutes from the Super Bowl, to sign with the Jets to use him to hopefully sign Kirk Cousins who is all but guaranteed to go to the Vikings?

LOGIC!

He's going to leave a team that doesn't want to pay him to join a team that does want to him. And pay him a lot. 

Archived