FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The #Jets haven’t budged from their 2-year, $8m offer to Austin Seferian-Jenkins, which was put on the table before season ended. Still interest on both sides to get something done, but sounds like he’ll hit free agency. Risky move for NYJ. Seferian-Jenkins will be coveted.

Give the same money to eifert on a prove it deal and let’s move on 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

80 catches 1400 yards and 14tds in 2015 with Blake Bortles as his QB = overrated.. Gotcha

Its not that simple.  Those yards came in a season where Jacksonville went 5-11 and was constantly playing from behind.

Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs that year - is he an elite QB?

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He's going to leave a team that doesn't want to pay him to join a team that does want to him. And pay him a lot. 

That's the thing, everything I'm hearing here locally is the Jags are trying to lock Allen up long term but that's beside the point.  The part that is stupid and hilarious is the idea that Robinson will sign with the Jets as a lure for Cousins.  Please. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

80 catches 1400 yards and 14tds in 2015 with Blake Bortles as his QB = overrated.. Gotcha

yeah i dont get the overrated thing at all...anyone who watched him in college and then in the pros...knows he is a stud. if any doubt ask Hack ;)

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Don't get sentimental in negotiations.  Just because we finally used the TE position last year

doesn't mean Seferian-Jenkins was Antonio Gates in his prime.  There are others on the market

and we still have Leggett coming back from injury

and Bates is going to be in charge of the offense now. Based on the 2008 broncos TE numbers he probably isn't going to taylor an offense to TE's, they might even be used same or less than last year.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You mean to tell me mediocre player like a Paul Richardson who has 1 decent year and is injury prone to fullest . Doesn’t excite you? 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Eifert is such an interesting case. Hes a top of the league kind of talent and has played like one when on the field, will come cheap and low commit, but those injuries sound like serious bidness.

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

You mean to tell me mediocre player like a Paul Richardson who has 1 decent year and is injury prone to fullest . Doesn’t excite you? 

Richardson was a top 20 WR by DVOA and DYAR last year 

Robinson put up one top ten season three years and a knee surgery ago, might make almost double per year what Richardson will sign for. 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Dude just can't stay on the field. He's only played in like 40 of 80 games. The best ability is availability when it comes to the NFL. I think Eifert is the better TE but if we are paying him that much for 8 games it makes ASJ look like a better value.

I don't  think Mayowa is a bad guy to have in.  He is a rotational guy.  Think of him as a replacement for Ealy, not a solution.  He should to sign for sub-$3M per with very little guarantee or bonus.  He can play if he has to, but is very low tier for a starter.  Think a lower level Calvin Pace and stop talking about the guy like he is expected to be a sack machine.  He had some injury issues last year, they may be chronic.

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He's going to leave a team that doesn't want to pay him to join a team that does want to him. And pay him a lot. 

the laughable thing is if the jets think that signing allen will lure cousins to sign with them.  i really hope they don't think this, that they can keep drafting defense and sign offensive players that other teams don't want to pay.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the laughable thing is if the jets think that signing allen will lure cousins to sign with them.  i really hope they don't think this, that they can keep drafting defense and sign offensive players that other teams don't want to pay.

I think possibly enticing Cousins is just a benefit to wanting him. I don't believe that would be the only reason they'd want to sign him.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The only thing luring Cousins is money and Bates. 

Jets need a WR regardless though. 

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Dude just can't stay on the field. He's only played in like 40 of 80 games. The best ability is availability when it comes to the NFL. I think Eifert is the better TE but if we are paying him that much for 8 games it makes ASJ look like a better value.

we tend to do well with those Kinda guys Landry and Claiborne of recent . 

Eifert would be worth the minimal risk imo . For the hype we give ASJ . Eifert put up his numbers the year before  on 20 less catches . 

The Miami Dolphins are planning to release defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, league sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington.

While the Dolphins could make the move as early as Monday, it likely will happen Wednesday, sources said.

Suh might have hinted at the upcoming move when he tweeted a video Monday morning in which he said "There will be some exciting things going on."

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's the thing, everything I'm hearing here locally is the Jags are trying to lock Allen up long term but that's beside the point.  The part that is stupid and hilarious is the idea that Robinson will sign with the Jets as a lure for Cousins.  Please. 

The unknown > Blake Bortles?

To me the main issue with Robinson is his catch rate.  He's never been above 60% and has dropped every year.  He was pitiful in 2016, sub-50%.  He got his catches and yards off of a ton of attempts.

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its not that simple.  Those yards came in a season where Jacksonville went 5-11 and was constantly playing from behind.

Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs that year - is he an elite QB?

Bortles isn’t elite, but would you have given him credit for the production if Jags went 11-5 that year? 11-5 teams mostly are in winning positions most of the times where pass isn’t expected to be the priority. 5-11 teams are mostly down and the only material plays are passing plays. Hence, Ds are always playing the pass. But yeah, our QBs and retarded #1 WR are way better than chumps like Robinson 

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wait, you’re saying Jets are better off without Robinson? wow. SOJFs. 

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't  think Mayowa is a bad guy to have in.  He is a rotational guy.  Think of him as a replacement for Ealy, not a solution.  He should to sign for sub-$3M per with very little guarantee or bonus.  He can play if he has to, but is very low tier for a starter.  Think a lower level Calvin Pace and stop talking about the guy like he is expected to be a sack machine.  He had some injury issues last year, they may be chronic.

He probably is good fit like you say. It’s just he is the kinda name I would expect to hear about a week from now when all the dust has settled. Not the first day of FA. 

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

There are Jets fans claiming we don’t need Brees cuz he’s old. He’ll be the best QB to wear the green in the last 40+ years. Even if he comes here for 2 years, who cares?

Do you think adding Brees to the current roster puts us in Super Bowl contention.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

There are Jets fans claiming we don’t need Brees cuz he’s old. He’ll be the best QB to wear the green in the last 40+ years. Even if he comes here for 2 years, who cares?

If we sign Brees will we win a Super Bowl in the next two years?

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

we tend to do well with those Kinda guys Landry and Claiborne of recent . 

Eifert would be worth the minimal risk imo . For the hype we give ASJ . Eifert put up his numbers the year before  on 20 less catches . 

That was when we didn't have much money though. There is no reason to have injury factor into this offseason when you have too much money to spend especially if $40M doesn't go to Cousins.

Archived