FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

i have to disagree with you here I don't want Floyd near this team. I am okay with the others listed

Coming around on A-Rob..  Thought he'd be overpriced (and will be) but provided he's fully recovered from ACL he could be stud for 5-6 years.  If Cousins goes to the Vikes they're going to need a #1 WR for McCown and the rookie QB.

Still don't want Watkins tho..  f**k that guy.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm fine with A-Rob staying in Jax... but I would like to overhaul our entire WRs corps.. why not? What better time. We have the money, and we don't have a lot of talent we're committed to. 

Watkins, Richardson, Lee, Brown, Wright - i'd prefer all of 'em to our current crop.... (I'm also quietly hoping we make Michael Floyd our next reclamation project. 

We are about 50-50 with reclamation projects. ASJ worked out okay for all involved - we got decent production for nothing and he is getting a new contract.  Erin Henderson got a starting job and is suing the team for wrongful termination.

Just now, Paradis said:

I'll bite. Go on...

I don't have a massively genius reasoning. I don't know that this guy whom I would say was just an average WR benefitting from Fitzgerald being opposite of him is the almost 30yr old WR we should try to save. Reclamation project, I mean I guess if its like vet minimum with no other options. I just don't think we are at a point with this team were, while we are trying to build up, we should be trying to sign guys that have sketchy, recent pasts. I was hesitant on ASJ and honestly he kept his nose clean for a season, played decent at times. 

Floyd would be on what his 4th team with us, to me that sounds way more concerning than ASJ. 

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cant wait to see another year of Mac getting his ass kicked in the FA market while all the other teams in the league get better and the Jets just circle the pot. 

Other teams make tons of mistakes.  Some more than the Jets and others less.  But EVERY team makes mistakes in both the draft and FA.  You make the Jets seem like they are unique in their failures.  They are not.  I'm not saying this to make anyone feel any better.  I sure don't.  But I am a bit weary from overly extreme/exaggerated comments like yours above that imply the Jets are way more incompetent than all or most (in your case "all") of the 31 other teams.  It's just not so.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Players can’t officially sign with teams until Wednesday. They can agree to terms starting today at noon.

Just now, T0mShane said:

That’s when you’re official, but everything is announced before then

Thanks guys.  I've been avoiding discussion until things actually start happening because Pac. 

If I am Mac this is what I do:

• Acknowledge that I am not signing Cousins, but throw in an aggressive bid so the Vikings pay more.
  • Acknowledge that my second round draft picks are toast, so try and sign quality second contract building block players at CB (2), RB, C, EDGE and perhaps other OL.  I am also drafting a QB, so I need to keep him in one piece.  Being able to rush the passer will keep my new QB off the field.
  • Acknowledge that I am continuing to rebuild, but this is the year I select a QB to try and build around.  I will sign a QB who can be a good 1-2 year bridge/backup and play that QB and Hack before I let the rookie get hurt. 
  • To the extent I have to spend money to avoid writing the NFLPA a check, I throw extra money at players who are already here to build team loyalty/culture/chemistry.   Davis in particular.  

Let's see what he does.  

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Watkins, Richardson and Lee, feel like 2014 WR draft discussion dejavu......Lol.  Still amazed Idzik somehow left that draft with Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks guys.  I've been avoiding discussion until things actually start happening because Pac. 

Spoiler alert: Pac will like everything that happens and they will all be next-level moves that only elite minds can understand.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah who needs logic and optimism when you can just whine like a b-tch for months on end and celebrate if/when top FA's don't come to "our" team.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I don't have a massively genius reasoning. I don't know that this guy whom I would say was just an average WR benefitting from Fitzgerald being opposite of him is the almost 30yr old WR we should try to save. Reclamation project, I mean I guess if its like vet minimum with no other options. I just don't think we are at a point with this team were, while we are trying to build up, we should be trying to sign guys that have sketchy, recent pasts. I was hesitant on ASJ and honestly he kept his nose clean for a season, played decent at times. 

Floyd would be on what his 4th team with us, to me that sounds way more concerning than ASJ. 

If you count the 3 games with NE... but yea. His age is working against him. I'd say given he's really only 1 season fully removed from ARZ (28 yr old) should get 1 one last look IMO. No expectations of course, and 100% league vet min, but I like keeping one stallion of his ilk in the stable as a passion project. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eleven minutes, baby. Macc goes on trial and has two weeks to save his job. Getcha Jim Harbaugh Popcorn ready 

This feels like Macc and Bowles just dropped in on The Hunger Games except their legs are tied together at the ankle.

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Watkins, Richardson and Lee, feel like 2014 WR draft discussion dejavu......Lol.  Still amazed Idzik somehow left that draft with Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans.  

Sad isn't it. If you look at the bevy of WR from 2014 & 2015 classes, and the RBs from 2016 & 2017... and ALL the franchise QBs who've now established themselves...

Then look at us. lol... 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Sad isn't it. If you look at the bevy of WR from 2014 & 2015 classes, and the RBs from 2016 & 2017... and ALL the franchise QBs who've now established themselves...

Then look at us. lol... 

If it weren't for the NY Jets our WR's might not be in the NFL. 

46 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its not that simple.  Those yards came in a season where Jacksonville went 5-11 and was constantly playing from behind.

Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs that year - is he an elite QB?

The Jets are always 5-11 and always playing from behind and never gave a Wr play that well. He's very very good and could be great. 

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why pay top dollar though at a position when you have young inexpensive guys who can play on the roster right now? That's how you get yourself into cap trouble quicker.

I get the concerns about Robby Anderson but the Jets aren't moving on from him and the guy has legit talent. Kearse and Enunwa (if healthy) can get open and catch the ball. We need 1 receiver who can start to add to that group IMO. We don't need to be paying 2 or 3 FAs to come in here and do a job a guy like Robby Anderson can do for pennies right now. Especially if we may be looking to pay a FA QB big money.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Then look at us. lol... 

Very true.  Look at that first round in 2014, forget the receivers, tons of Pro Bowl talent and Idzik landed on Calvin Pryor...Lol.  Complete incompetence.  So many offensive skill players and still nada on this roster.  

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah who needs logic and optimism when you can just whine like a b-tch for months on end and celebrate if/when top FA's don't come to "our" team.

"Logic" and "optimism" never go hand in hand when discussing the New York Jets. 

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about the other years when they werent playing from 20 points behind every game?

48-548 for rookie of solid. Most rookie WRs struggle.

Year two he was great.

Year 3 bortles was a Trainwreck and he still managed almost 900 and 6. Bortles had a sub60% comp pct and the offense was anemic.

Year 4 he tore his ACL which should mean nothing to a deshaun Watson lover who is already on his second ACL tear before he's played one full season in the NFL...

Archived