FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/report-dolphins-shopping-right-tackle-jawuan-james/

That’s a large pill for another team to swallow (at least for a guy who isn’t near the top of his position), which means the Dolphins might not get much for him if they get anything at all. That opens the door to a potential release, if they’re already thinking about life without him.

They’re a trade fail away from gifting the Jets a starting RT. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL. Obviously you are unfamiliar with Paul Richardson.  He had an ACL a few years ago and had a rock solid year last year even though he was the 3rd target in line for Wilson.  

Yes I’m not familiar with a kid I wanted us draft 4 years ago . Who has a number of injuries in 3 of his 4 years in the league including 3 Torn Acl injuries in his career 

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/paul-richardson/6967

35 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That feels a lot like McCown had better stats than Cousins so why bother. He was more important to this team than his stats indicated IMO. We'll replace that 300 yards but Seattle will get a 25 year old TE on the rise. I hope I'm dead wrong but losing him and opening another hole over that little amount of money is a mistake. Not to mention how it looks to young players who want to get a new deal from the Jets. 

You would like to think our GM has a contingency plan - and is prepared to upgrade the position if we don't get him....ASJ at $4mm is fine but if he's going to spend $7mm he can do better (meaning that's what Mac could and should be thinking)

I, unlike most here, don't think Mac is an idiot or unprepared.  I think when this off-season is all said and done, if looked at objectively, Mac would have done a solid job. 

We'll have upgraded at OL, CB, RB, WR and we'll have one of the QB's (Cousins, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Darnold)

I believe all of that will happen, to what extent they will be "upgraded" I don't know - but I have little doubt he's going to get at least that much done.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You would like to think our GM has a contingency plan - and is prepared to upgrade the position if we don't get him....ASJ at $4mm is fine but if he's going to spend $7mm he can do better (meaning that's what Mac could and should be thinking)

I, unlike most here, don't think Mac is an idiot or unprepared.  I think when this off-season is all said and done, if looked at objectively, Mac would have done a solid job. 

We'll have upgraded at OL, CB, RB, WR and we'll have one of the QB's (Cousins, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Darnold)

I believe all of that will happen, to what extent they will be "upgraded" I don't know - but I have little doubt he's going to get at least that much done.

It is literally impossible not to upgrade at QB, C, CB, EDGE and TE.  We have no legitmate players under contract.  Even if you love Burris and Skrine, they need another CB, and while Jenkins is an NFL player,I believe the only other guy they have under contract is Martin.  They do not have a single player that can snap a football. 

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is literally impossible not to upgrade at QB, C, CB, EDGE and TE.  We have no legitmate players under contract.  Even if you love Burris and Skrine, they need another CB, and while Jenkins is an NFL player,I believe the only other guy they have under contract is Martin.  They do not have a single player that can snap a football. 

So are you suggesting that it's also impossible for Mac to do a good job this off-season?

Obviously I meant from the roster last year - 

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So are you suggesting that it's also impossible for Mac to do a good job this off-season?

Obviously I meant from the roster last year - 

Reading my response, it seemed harsh in comparison to what you are saying.  IMO, he can do a good job, unfortunately he can also improve the team at all those positions and do a sh*tty job.  That is the danger in having all that money.  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reading my response, it seemed harsh in comparison to what you are saying.  IMO, he can do a good job, unfortunately he can also improve the team at all those positions and do a sh*tty job.  That is the danger in having all that money.  

Thank you...and yes, tons of variables here - and yes, tough not to make the team better, considering the money and last year's talent level - but I think there's enough quality out there in FA and he HAS to get the QB -

Once the draft is over - I honestly believe there will be a lot of excitement for the upcoming season (save a few haters) I think Mac is much better than poeple give him credit for.  

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The unknown > Blake Bortles?

To me the main issue with Robinson is his catch rate.  He's never been above 60% and has dropped every year.  He was pitiful in 2016, sub-50%.  He got his catches and yards off of a ton of attempts.

There has been some beef apparently between him and Bortles, so maybe there is truth to that but he was also apparently very involved with the team and in and around the offense during his injury, so there are some stories saying that they're good and a lot of the Bortles doubters have come around on him.  Who knows?

Yes, Robinson has a terrible catch rate, in addition to drops.  There is a reason the Jags didnt franchise him.  They dont need him because he's just ok. 

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

agree, another $2M per year for us in our cap position is worth not having a big hole at TE.  I see we have been linked to Ebron?  Maybe they would rather give him the $6-7M?  IDK

The extra $2m/year is going from $2m to $4m per, not from $4m to $6m.

$6m/year isn’t another $2m; it’s another $4m. Per year. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Why is that?  Do you hate the Jets?

I'm a die hard.  Probably 100x the fan you are.  I've got pictures with Bruce Harper.  We had a very candidate conversation about how he wouldnt have made in today's NFL with the kick off changes.  

I'm just preparing myself for all the excitement that Mac brings during the offseason. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The extra $2m/year is going from $2m to $4m per, not from $4m to $6m.

$6m/year isn’t another $2m; it’s another $4m. Per year. 

from Day 1, the Jets offer was $4 million per year for 2 years.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Other teams make tons of mistakes.  Some more than the Jets and others less.  But EVERY team makes mistakes in both the draft and FA.  You make the Jets seem like they are unique in their failures.  They are not.  I'm not saying this to make anyone feel any better.  I sure don't.  But I am a bit weary from overly extreme/exaggerated comments like yours above that imply the Jets are way more incompetent than all or most (in your case "all") of the 31 other teams.  It's just not so.

Ok, would it have been better if I said, while 10-12 teams get better? We cool now?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

48-548 for rookie of solid. Most rookie WRs struggle.

Year two he was great.

Year 3 bortles was a Trainwreck and he still managed almost 900 and 6. Bortles had a sub60% comp pct and the offense was anemic.

Year 4 he tore his ACL which should mean nothing to a deshaun Watson lover who is already on his second ACL tear before he's played one full season in the NFL...

He'll make a full recovery from his ACL just like Watson but I dont think his knee will improve his catch rate and his droppsies.  But cool, give Allen Robinson and his 1 great year 3 years ago WR #1 money. That's what good teams do.

Interesting that Packers are rumored to be in on a lot of big free agents. Jimmy Graham, Wilkerson, and now Allen Robinson. If you have a 34 year old HOF QB, you have to go for it. It was always pretty frustrating watching Rodgers out there with a group of JAGs by the end of every season.

Just now, JiF said:

Ok, would it have been better if I said, while 10-12 teams get better? We cool now?

It always amazes me how so many people here (not only you) just love to unleash the negativity at their best on the morning of big days like the draft or beginning of free agency.  It's like the NFL calendar is a schedule by which SOJF on this board like to spew.  It's as predictable as Old Faithful. 

Archived