FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Mac knows the clocks went forward an hour, instead of back an hour, right?

I get the impatience to want news.. But there is no rumors or unofficial announcements yet on any of the big names.. That will change in about 4-5 hours.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Which IMO already had the $2m premium built in.

not sure what "premium" you speak of.  I had read that the Jets offer to ASJ  was $4 million per year for a 2 year deal.  Never anything else.  And now I'm reading that Mac is sticking to it.  I never read anything about $2 million per year.  At all. I must have missed that if it indeed is correct.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Nfl network just said Washington believes they substantily upgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins.

Is there any chance Washington would come out and say "Washington believes they substantially downgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins."???? 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

not sure what "premium" yu speak of.  I had read that the Jets offer to ASJ  was $4 million per year for a 2 year deal.  Never anything else.  And now I'm reading that Mac is sticking to it.  I never read anything about $2 million per year.  At all.

That’s what was posted here a week or two ago. If I read it wrong then I take back giving Macc credit for the offer.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Is there any chance Washington would come out and say "Washington believes they substantially downgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins."???? 

Are you suggesting they're being dishonest?

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Are you suggesting they're being dishonest?

I fully expect Alex Smith to go back to being the level of QB he was at somewhere between his first few years at 9ers and Harbaugh, but not anything more.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree, but we have 90 million in cap space. If we come out of free agency with a concussion plagued center, marginal QB and a 4th string RB well there will be some very disgruntled jets fans. And rightfully so.

That's why I don't understand why we're not in the Allen Robinson sweepstakes. 

Yeah...I agree with all of that. Should absolutely be all over Robinson 

I was just saying just have no issue with signing a back in that mold later in FA.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

As the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes heats up, sources say at least 2 teams are prepared to offer the free agent QB a 3-year, fully guaranteed contract if that’s what it takes. At least one other team will do a similar deal nearly fully guaranteed. Would make him the highest paid QB.

If I am Mac - the 3-year term makes us pull out of the negotiations... We would be bringing him in to be the long-term answer here. Not be the QB version of Revis

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes heats up, sources say at least 2 teams are prepared to offer the free agent QB a 3-year, fully guaranteed contract if that’s what it takes. At least one other team will do a similar deal nearly fully guaranteed. Would make him the highest paid QB.

I think that the Jets are the team ready to go 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Bowles is probably getting excited about never playing a rookie QB.

Bowles = pussy

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I think that the Jets are the teambready to go 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Bowles is probably getting excited about never playinf a rookie QB.

Bowles = pussy

Bowles is going to take our 90 mill qb and have him hand off to dion lewis 30 times a game

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It always amazes me how so many people here (not only you) just love to unleash the negativity at their best on the morning of big days like the draft or beginning of free agency.  It's like the NFL calendar is a schedule by which SOJF on this board like to spew.  It's as predictable as Old Faithful. 

It amazes people here (not only you) expect big things out of FA when you're GM has shown zero ability to sign sought after FA's.

I get excited for the draft, just inevitably let down. 

Sorry we're different. 

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I think that the Jets are the teambready to go 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Bowles is probably getting excited about never playinf a rookie QB.

Bowles = pussy

Can't be.  3 years seems perfect for Minn and Denver.  I hope.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

Nothing on the Jets front. 

Dude, why you taking the wind out of everyones sail?  It's such a big day!!!

SOJF smh

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Twitter is blowing up with chatter. Jimmy talking to the Pack, 49ers chasing Norwell, chiefs and bears looking at Watkins..

There’s a snow storm coming .. Marc and Co gotta get prepared . They will get around to calling Benson Mayowa soon lol

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This doesn't mean much. The one thing this group has actually done right is keep the building buttoned up in terms of leaks.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It amazes people here (not only you) expect big things out of FA when you're GM has shown zero ability to sign sought after FA's.

I get excited for the draft, just inevitably let down. 

Sorry we're different. 

Now you are on the defensive in attack stance and incorrect to boot.  I never said I expected anything from UFA.  I'm just amazed that some posters here pull out their finest versions of extreme negativity on days like this.  It speaks volumes.  They save their most pointed negativism for days when the rest of the fan base is hopeful.  Fantastic trollism, if you ask me.  

28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Nfl network just said Washington believes they substantily upgraded their QB by going with Alex Smith instead of Cousins.

Alex Smith is the definition of average, and the Redskins are 100% correct!

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s day one of the legal tampering period ...C’mon.

everything is still he said/she said until tonight(less likely), tomorrow or the day of FA

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Now you are on the defensive in attack stance and incorrect to boot.  I never said I expected anything from UFA.  I'm just amazed that some posters here pull out their finest versions of extreme negativity on days like this.  It speaks volumes.  They save their most pointed negativism for days when the rest of the fan base is hopeful.  Fantastic trollism, if you ask me.  

If it makes you feel better, listening to you guys twist yourselves into knots to justify every dumbass thing this franchise does is no picnic either.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This doesn't mean much. The one thing this group has actually done right is keep the building buttoned up in terms of leaks.

This is true. Even in 2015 when they signed a bunch of players, they were extremely quiet during the tampering period. 

Archived