joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Allen Robinson would be a huge upgrade at WR for a rookie. 
Weston Richburg would be a huge upgrade at C for a rookie.

Trey Burton would be a huge upgrade at TE for a rookie. 

but if you had no plans to draft a rookie qb....

Just now, Sully80 said:

But really who is left out there from the FA pool as it stands right now? A couple of CBs, DL, that's about it. Nothing on offense really with the exception of Jansen and Mac ain't getting that done. 

same reason chubb will 'fall' to us at 6.  offensive weapons are prioritized, this is the new nfl, you need guys who can score and guys who can get first downs.  they're worth money.

Just now, Mogglez said:

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

do you have any idea if this precludes them from trading up, is this instead of mccown, or is this a teddy+josh=2018 nyj qbs?

Just now, Mogglez said:

Not at all.

Teddy + pick sounds likely.

i'd love to know what mccags thinks of the threat of teams like buffalo trading ahead of them, and all 4 qbs gone by the time they pick.  

Just now, nycdan said:

This can NOT be an excuse for not drafting a QB with our first pick.

for me it isn't.  unfortunately i'm not doing the drafting.

Just now, SouthernJet said:

Lamar Jackson , COME ON DOWN.

You've won the Geno Smith Award by going to NYC where you will be BBQ'ed by Media for not being a AllPro which isnt your fault. Its Jets fault for not trading up. (sooner)

the louisville sluggers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Bridgewater is a great guy.  But what the hell can anyone expect of him?  It took him almost 15 months just to get cleared to practice.  

I’m at the point if I am Chris Johnson that I go defense at #6 and let the new GM and HC pick a QB next year.  

I can handle rebuilding but what has happened to this team since they drafted Hackenberg has been pretty close to unforgivable.

We obviously should have cleaned house last January.

this is what happens when you can't admit to yourself that the guys you drafted suck.  tanny reupped on sanchez and didn't draft wilson.  mccags ignored qb last year b/c he thought hack and/or petty would develop.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Sounds like Mac lost out on Lee to Jax.  

allen robinson is better when healthy.  lee is a jag, literally and figuratively.

• Haha 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Last time the Jets had this much money in FA, MAcc made splash signings and it blew up.

So this time he's going to spread the money around to fill as many holes as he can. So it makes sense that the Jets aren't making splashy moves

the last time the jets had no qb, MAcc signed fitzpatrick.  then he signed mccown.  now he signed bridgewater.  3 wrongs don't make a right.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Are you kidding? He got career years from both of those QBs

so their careers sucked.  this does nothing for the jets going forward.

You said 3 wrongs dont make a right. The first two werent' wrongs if he got great years out of them

your shortsightedness is exactly why the jets are where they are.  the front office thinks year to year, which is why they are afraid to draft and develop qbs, why they prefer veterans on offense and why they draft defense.  every single move they make is intended to minimize the chance of embarrassment, but what it ultimately does is limit the upside.  right now there is no upside on this offense.  they have no pass rushers.  this is what wins games.  

• Upvote 1

That's because you guys won't let up and let them draft and develop QBs

actually that's all we real fans want, we want to do what other successful teams do - take calculated risks, draft qbs, draft wrs, draft rbs, and play them.  we prefer this route to bringing in our offense from other teams.  we have had enough of farve/fitz/mccown and jones/LT/forte and marshall/edwards/decker.  let's grow our own offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Well then speak up and don't fly banners and buy billboards.

am i the only one who thinks this is odd response as well as an even odder avatar?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Johnd Idzik got crucified for doing what mac is doing now.

mccagnan's strategy is not repeating what didn't work the first time.  doesn't seem like he has faith in his convictions.  

so what will change is that bridewater replaces petty and the draft pick replaces hack.  and mccown ushers them in for a year.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

what draft pick.

Mccown - Bridge - Hack.  That is your depth chart.

hack isn't making the team and mccags signing teddy is an admission of this.  hack is done.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I haven't heard anything different, so yes, I would assume this is the end for both Petty and Hackenberg and a rookie will fill out the depth chart.

Petty and hack were a big embarrassment last year.  Your backup qbs have to be able to execute a play.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed, but I don’t think either Maccagnan nor Bowles have ever wanted any part of drafting a QB at six regardless, even before signing Teddy. Even if only superficially, yesterday’s signings give them the cover they need to go in a different direction. 

the possibility that they try but get shut out of the qbs has to be considered.  teams could offer insane packages to get ahead of the jets and i think that factored into the bridgewater signing.  the jets do not control their own destiny here.  but they could always deal bridgewater during the season if/when a rookie is ready.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BUt I do think they will draft a QB in this draft, regardless of where. They will try to trade up first

true but at this point in mccags' 4th draft, any qb they take outside the 1st round has no shot of playing.  bowles can head off playing falk or lauretta but the national pressure to play someone like mayfield would cost him his job.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Bridgewater just signed for punter money. He has no value to anyone but the Jets. 

qbs will get hurt during the season and teams in playoff contention may need a backup for cheap.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

So you're saying Hack and Petty aren't working out?

in fairness to bowles, he had 2 backup qbs who couldn't execute a play last year.  so i get the bridgewater signing.  

• Upvote 1

This narrative that Bowles will not play the young QB can only be proved if they get a young QB that's better than the veteran QBs.

let me tell you, if mccagnan trades up for rosen or mayfield and he's not playing by midseason and the team is 2-6 the pressure to play this qb will result in either the rookie playing or bowles losing his job at the end of the season and being replaced by an offensive minded hc who understands the importance of developing a young qb.  bowles does not win this one.

• Like 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

It'd be surprising for sure, but who knows.  Maybe they really do believe in Davis Webb.  All I'm saying is if that pick is for sale, it's a no-brainer.  Go up and get your man (Rosen 💙).

so now that the jets have spent a lot of money on FA and the big question is, will the jets trade up for a qb or sit at 6 and 'let the draft come to them' - how much intel do you think you're going to get over the next 6 weeks?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Giants do take a QB, it would be the smoke screens of all smoke screens

not really.  but i think buffalo and the giants trade, it makes too much sense for both teams.  buffalo gets rosen or allen, the giants get picks and can beef up the o-line even more.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

No way in hell the Giants don't pick up the phone to see what the Jets will offer because the 6th pick in the draft is far more valuable than the 12th pick.

they can talk but it sure seems like the bills have added extra ammo to trade up, whereas mccagnan tends to be stingy.  so i can see buffalo outbidding everyone else for the 2nd pick.  i can see mccagnan trading to 3 or 4 but at that point you have to wonder how he'll value the qbs and how much the scheme affects how they view them.  

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If that's the case, I hope to God the reports that the Bills love Josh Allen are accurate.

him or rosen.  it could go darnold/rosen, then indy takes offers.  for all we know a team like arizona could jump to 3.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

+1

I knew they would make moves to improve the team and I knew they wouldn't be 0-16.  The problem with the moves made is that without a drafted franchise QB we are, at best, going to end up in the 6-9 win range.  If Bridgewater turns into a true franchise QB, where are we?  Sitting on another guy we have to pay because we know this sh*thead won't redo the deal inside.  Why didn't he do it with Fitzpatrick in 2015 of McCown last year? 

newsflash:  even if they trade up for a qb in the first round, mccown is starting half the games at least.  so we're going to win in the 5-6 range if mccown stays healthy and plays like he did last year, b/c the team is getting a talent upgrade.  and if they don't trade up they could win even more games b/c they'll have those 2nd round picks as well as a 1st rounder that plays right away.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Newsflash?  I said to 6-9 wins.  How is any of this different? My point is 9 wins with McCown is fairly useless. 

you wrote that without a drafted franchise qb we will be in the 6-9 win range.  i responded that regardless of whether we draft a franchise qb we will be in this range b/c mccown will start at least half the season anyway and the rest of the roster is better than last year.  

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I tweeted to my home boy Jamal Adams and he’s coming thru with the work for us

maybe he could do a dance or something....

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Excuse me.  Maybe that was poorly worded.  I meant that we will have 6-9 wins.  With a franchise QB we have hope to build on it.  Without one, who gives a ****?

agreed on this.  but if mccown plays like he did last year, with an improved roster, we're not getting a pick in the top 6 again.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Other than Crowell has any other offensive skill players signed with the Jets yet?   

going to have to draft those at this point, starting with a quarterback.  that's why not trading up and getting a qb is very appealing, keeping those 2nd rounders.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Risky staying put, if they were sitting at 3 and still had those second round picks how different would this draft look?   Meaningless wins again keep the Jets from being in prime shape for a draft.  

all i'm saying is that those 2nd round picks could be a rb and wr.  but the qb is more important.

when push comes to shove, if the jets trade up i don't think it's for mayfield, it would be for darnold or rosen.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company