joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I am a mere colonist of Britain.

Dilly Dilly!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Whoever goes after case keenum is making a huge mistake, it better bloody well not be the jets

Be prepared Beer...they're going to miss on Kirk and bring in both Case and Joshy!!!!!!

GO JETS BABY!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

IMO anybody who thinks Drew Brees is leaving NO is insane. He is a god there

All that Jets fans care about is that the Vikings reaching out to Brees means that all the reports that Cousins to the Jets could be BS and we could be back in the picture. 

Honestly, the longer this plays out the better. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

There was a rumor about the Bills trading Glenn, 21, 22, and I think a 2019 1st to get up to number 2. 

That's a HUGE payment but they must feel, if it's true, it's worth it. One think I do like about the Bills....they ARE aggressive.

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Indeed. I'm shocked he hasn't been resigned. That team, with him, can win it all next year. I thought a deal would have been done by mid February at the latest.

1 minute ago, JetFanatic said:

Nah I've seen this story.  He's going to the Vikings.  I won't be getting my hopes high.

This is March, this is when the Jets win!

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All that Jets fans care about is that the Vikings reaching out to Brees means that all the reports that Cousins to the Jets could be BS and we could be back in the picture. 

Honestly, the longer this plays out the better. 

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Vikings have made a call to Drew Bree's being reported. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They should. He fits better than Cousins if he wants to go

brees on vikings? wow.. could be some good games in NFC North

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Vikings and Cousins were a done deal why are they calling Drew Brees? This is getting murkier

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

One rumored element that Cousins wants is to be wanted and respected after the hell he went through in Washington

Vikings calling Brees gives the impression that they aren't all in on him

sounds like if I am cousins I don't want to be a plan 2A or plan B

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

i think he stays too.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whoever goes after case keenum is making a huge mistake, it better bloody well not be the jets

yup... no shurmur to keep him as productive, not with this NY team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TopCop said:

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

i'd like to think that a team with no offense and $100M in cap space would be prepared to do other things while they wait for cousins to put on a vikings jersey.

Sounds like CIN maybe trading picks to BUF for LT C. Glenn... if true, they're wallet of picks is getting thicker. 

Macc?

Just now, Paradis said:

Sounds like CIN maybe trading picks to BUF for LT C. Glenn... if true, they're wallet of picks is getting thicker. 

Macc?

giants or indy are bailing out of the top 3.  rosen seems destined to buffalo.

If the Jets get Cousins I will be happy. If the Jets don't get Cousins I want him to go to K.C. and have Keenum go to Denver. One less QB picking team in front of us.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Macc?

lol what do you want Mac to do about them trading everyone away? Relax yourself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Stark said:

brees on vikings? wow.. could be some good games in NFC North

sounds like if I am cousins I don't want to be a plan 2A or plan B

Starting to see some Jets fans on Twitter tweet at Kirk that the Vikings are jerking him around and that the Jets are all in on him.

Not that it means anything by itself, but its another angle

5 minutes ago, TopCop said:

by Wednesday at the latest.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

by Wednesday at the latest.

If it get to then, the Jets are almost in the drivers seat. Minnesota would have wanted this done quickly

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd like to think that a team with no offense and $100M in cap space would be prepared to do other things while they wait for cousins to put on a vikings jersey.

I agree but the issue here is if the Jets are all in on Cousins they may not know what financial package Cousins will agree to especially when his agent knows we have the most money to spend which will affect how much money we spend on other free agents.

All this hesitation could be a ploy to drive up the price which at this point, the Jets will pay if it seals the deal

• Upvote 1

Seriously it went from

"It's a done deal. Cousins is planning no visits"

to

"Cousins is planning to have 1 or 2 visits"

to

"Minnesota is calling Drew Brees' agent"

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously it went from

to

to

this is minnesota negotiating the deal down while cousins pretending to consider the jets is driving it up.  that is all.

Well the Bills just acquired their final piece to land the QB they want they swapped Pick 21 for Pick 12 in return for Glenn.  So now it’s 12, and 22 for whoever is willing to trade back.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously it went from

to

to

Because nobody knew sh*t from the beginning. Of course he's gonna visit and weigh all options. He probably won't decide until later in the week. 

Seriously With all these trades does Mac not understand how to call other teams while negotiating with Cousins Agent... It seems far too often Mikey Mac gets caught up on one or two free agents

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Well the Bills just acquired their final piece to land the QB they want they swapped Pick 21 for Pick 12 in return for Glenn.  So now it’s 12, and 21 for whoever is willing to trade back.

well pencil rosen in there.

On that note, I would love to see Brees in Minn. I think that would be an awesome fit. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Well the Bills just acquired their final piece to land the QB they want they swapped Pick 21 for Pick 12 in return for Glenn.  So now it’s 12, and 22 for whoever is willing to trade back.

Damn, they are going hard at this.  Suddenly, they can offer more than the Jets.

The reports are that Cousins wants to meet with at least one team before signing so the earliest it could happen is Wednesday afternoon.  This saga will continue for a few more days.  I hope plan B, C, and D included speaking to other players regardless how long it takes Cousins to decide.  Don't lose out on players we want.  Be in the conversation!

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Jesus. F off Bills.