Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, TopCop said:

The only concern I have is the longer the Cousins saga plays out, the longer it keeps us from making other moves.  Other teams will be positioning themselves to draft one of the top 3 QB’s while we’re waiting for Cousins to make a decision.  Cousins needs to make a decision by the end of the week or we just need to move on

Possible. But we have lots of money and if players want to get the biggest contract they will want to wait to see what we do. We can't let this play out for a week. But I think we have a solid 48 hours before this starts to get dicey. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there

Posted Images

Just now, nycdan said:

Damn, they are going hard at this.  Suddenly, they can offer more than the Jets.

at some point we will all realize that mccagnan is not trading up for anyone.  he will let the draft come to him.  this means we're getting either chubb or allen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at some point we will all realize that mccagnan is not trading up for anyone.  he will let the draft come to him.  this means we're getting either chubb or allen.

If we sign Cousins or Keenum he has hitched his wagon and he doesn't have to draft a QB there

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 11:43 PM, pointman said:

Dez is 29. I thought he was a few years older than that. Surprising. He hasn't been elite since 2014 so who cares. He isn't worth 16m.

It would be essentially a two year deal

 

its starting to look like the jets are getting shut out in free agency

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skeptable said:

Bills slowly creeping up in the 1st... I could see the Giants taking the Bills 2 firsts and a 2nd.

I’d say that deal is more done then Cousins to the Vikings, the Bills don’t do this sh*t on a whim, there have definitely been some real talks.  Giants accomplish 2 things first and foremost they **** the Jets, and B they can now draft something like Roquan Smith, and Mike McGlinchy to give Eli and Shurmer 2-3 years to go after it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If we sign Cousins or Keenum he has hitched his wagon and he doesn't have to draft a QB

With Cousins, I agree. Keenum is a journeyman QB coming off 1 good season where his current team never committed to him and made no effort to retain. Not sure why signing Keenum would lead anyone to think that the QB position is locked up for the next 3-6 years thereby negating the need to draft a QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills are being really aggressive. They hold the number 12 overall pick now after this Cordy Glenn trade. If we don't get Cousins we are going to have to be aggressive in the draft in order to land a QB. Most likely going to have to move up...

Well going purely by the trade chart, our top 3 picks are still worth a little more than BUFs top 3 picks.  2,540 vs. 2,350.  BUF has the top pick in the 3rd round which is worth 265 vs. 230 for ours so that doesn't do much to close the gap.  In a way, I'm relieved that Cordy Glenn is off the board, because it was hard to know how another team would value him.

Ultimately, we still should control the board if we are determined to trade up but one never knows. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bills slowly creeping up in the 1st... I could see the Giants taking the Bills 2 firsts and a 2nd.

makes good sense for both teams.  and it would also encourage cleveland to take a qb first with trades looming.

darnold and rosen could easily be the first two guys off the board.  then that indy slot becomes the trade up spot for everyone else.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

It would be essentially a two year deal

 

its starting to look like the jets are getting shut out in free agency

lol, free agency hasn't even started and you are already saying we are shut out.

anyway, i'd rather have more mid-priced guys than a bunch of very expensive guys.  think you get better value if you wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know it's probably overreacting but i'm frustrated i'm not hearing more about the Jets and who they are interested. I keep hearing about all these players and none of them besides Cousins and Richburg are being linked to the Jets.

The Jets should be aggressive in not only the QB market but O-line, CB, pass rusher, and receiver market as well. I wanna hear more names linked to the Jets.

The Bills being super aggressive is annoying. They are in a real good position to jump the Jets in the draft and get a QB if thats the route they are looking to go.

I know what you mean but on the flip side, maybe they are tight lipped about who they want which is a good thing.  You don't need to show your hand.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold and rosen could easily be the first two guys off the board. 

This has been the case for 16 months!  It’s never changed regardless of what the media, and living room scouts want to tell you different, AND none of the other QB’s are worth jack sh*t NONE!  The Jets ****ed this up, and I hope the Giants **** it up also by trading back, I just wish it wasn’t with the Bills.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

This has been the case for 16 months!  It’s never changed regardless of what the media, and living room scouts want to tell you different, AND none of the other QB’s are worth jack sh*t NONE!  The Jets ****ed this up, and I hope the Giants **** it up also by trading back, I just wish it wasn’t with the Bills.

assuming cleveland ends up with barkley and indy stays in the top 5 and takes chubb, the jets can get one of the 4 qbs.  but it could be allen though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Augustiniak said:

assuming cleveland ends up with barkley and indy stays in the top 5 and takes chubb, the jets can get one of the 4 qbs.  but it could be allen though.

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lupz27 said:

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

my point is, the jets can get allen or mayfield, one of the top 4.  but they're probably not sniffing darnold or rosen unless cleveland loves allen.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lupz27 said:

There is no top 4 QB’s there are 2 top QB’s what part of my post didn’t make that abundantly clear?

This is why nobody will be happy with the outcome. Because we dont have a unified opinion on who the great QB is if there is one

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...