FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you want to know why the Jets even have a chance, it’d be this: 

or maybe it has to do with the fact that of the 10 teams that can afford him around 7 have their QB's?

You have to admire the Bills GM getting value out of his trades though and positioning the team for a crack at the top qbs.  A high third for tyroid taylor, a nice swap of 12 and 21 for their sometimes injured left tackle.  Not too bad.

Just now, pointman said:

I just read a dozen pages to see some magical new info and all I got is teams are making moves, we aren't, Cousins is still milking this and media has nothing to do so someone said he may go to Arizona because hes a ten year old that needs to be by his sister, and we are in on talks for some DE that is sub mediocre. Awesome. I hope Mac reads this thread when he is on the unemployment line. 

You do know how this works right?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still, I’d imagine the way it plays out is that Cousins signs with Minny about five minutes after Brees signs with the Saints, and then the Jets and Broncos start haggling over the scraps.

Yep.  The Vikings will pay him Stafford money, not more, partly because they know that Cousins really does not want to play for the Jets.  

If you think about then, Vikings, Lions and Packers are all in their QBs for big money, so they are in the same competitive position.  

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which of those teams would trade their current QB for Kirk Cousins at $30 mil? 

loaded question.

if you're asking which of the top 10 or so cap space teams would rather have him at QB I'd say:

Jets, Browns, Bucs, Titans, Bears, Vikes, Jags, Bengals, Bills, and Broncos.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

loaded question.

if you're asking which of the top 10 or so cap space teams would rather have him at QB I'd say:

Jets, Browns, Bucs, Titans, Bears, Vikes, Jags, Bengals, Bills, and Broncos.

Bucs, Titans, and Bears are working with young QBs. The Jags wanted Cousins so much that they re-signed Blake Bortles a month ago. The Browns could have outbid anyone they wanted to for him and traded for Tyrod instead. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, I like how you act like you knew all long.. Cute

Well if I didn’t, that’s the first time i’ve done something I wasn’t aware of doing.??‍♂️ If you carefully scroll up to the first smartass that commented on the tweet well before you, I’m sure you will see that my post was to offer the consensus opinion on what is likely to happen. Are you really trying to arm wrestle me over pennies right now?

Archived