joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yes, McCown is better right?

If you're eating rocks and bark for breakfast. 

Most would probably lean towards the d-word... "draft"

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Local reporter that covers the Vikings

Nice. Looks like a players revolt in Minny.. They want to get paid at some point too and signing cousins will prevent that from happening... For some.

What a circus in Minnesota!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

I'll see you hell for that one. haha

Hey what do you call Kirk Cousins signing with Denver?

a White Bronco.👀

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

Because that is precisely what I meant when I said "F Cousins". You got me sir. You should be a detective on your days off.

Well Bowles won't play a rookie. You are delusional if you believe otherwise. I am officially retired from Law Enforcement duties skippy.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If you're eating rocks and bark for breakfast. 

Most would probably lean towards the d-word... "draft"

Bowles is a puss and won't start a rookie.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Well Bowles won't play rookie. You are delusional if you believe otherwise. I am officially retired from Law Enforcement duties skippy.

Delusional about what? You do realize you're talking to yourself, right? I said nothing about any of what you said. Glad you found something that suits you better. And thats Mr. Skippy to you, bud.

I assume Macc and company will be going to Mobile for Mayfield's pro-day tomorrow.  They are scheduled to meet with him there at least.   That meeting becomes that much more important if Cousins makes up his mind by tomorrow.

Just now, pointman said:

Delusional about what? You do realize you're talking to yourself, right? I said nothing about any of what you said. Glad you found something that suits you better. And thats Mr. Skippy to you, bud.

You like Hack. Ok. LOL Mr? spare me.

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So an agent for what is probably a notable Vikings player doesn’t want Kirk eating into a larger slice of the pie for him and his client up for a new contract?

Crazy, that.

And assumes said team had other stars to lock up and pay. Good thing for the jets we have plenty of cash to spend.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Its, Skippy, remember? Mr. Skippy, peanut.

Sure pointyman head or whatever......

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Nice. Looks like a players revolt in Minny.. They want to get paid at some point too and signing cousins will prevent that from happening... For some.

What a circus in Minnesota!!

I’d have thought It’s the other way round. If the Viking’s are up against the cap due to Cousins there’s a greater likelihood those players hit the open market. And get paid even more

Cousins isn't winning Minnesota a Super Bowl. Shoot, I don't think he takes them to the Championship game. He shall forever live in the majestic Keenum's shadow.

9 hours ago, Stark said:

yup, Jeremy Stephens has won his last 3 and 2 by KO. he is going to make his case if he can beat Aldo or Frankie... but I don't think he can beat Ortega or Holloway at this point. 

Me neither. But it’s gonna be fun as hell to watch him try. Stephens always comes to put on a show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Clearly we would get our guy through the draft. Much rather have Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield than Cousins. Fingers crossed the Vikings get him.

I love the rookie QB's but will Bowles play him? I think he signs McCown and he makes the rookie watch for 2 years.

Stephens has a punchers chance, but Ortega and Holloway are just so damn long. Stephens is hopefully, and most likely, going to put it to Aldo. He has not been the same in a while.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I’d have thought It’s the other way round. If the Viking’s are up against the cap due to Cousins there’s a greater likelihood those players hit the open market. And get paid even more

Yeah, but that comes with uprooting families and having everything change. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Has that been reported anywhere? I was looking. Rosen seems like the type of guy that will hate playing in Buffalo. 

I think you're right. I bet he would hate living in Buffalo. This is what is seriously being left out of the Cousins signing contest - where he would like to live with his family. Kurt Warner was talking about this on NFL Network. He said it may be the place he raises his family and lives for a long time. Would he pick Minneapolis, Denver, Phoenix or Florham Park. I would put Florham Park area as last on that list considering where he grew up and I used to live not too far from there when I was in Montclair. He also said that Denver would be the best place for him because in the NFC Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Cam, Ryan, Wentz, Wilson, Garrapolo, Goff are all in the NFC. Warner never liked the Jets anyhow. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I love the rookie QB's but will Bowles play him? I think he signs McCown and he makes the rookie watch for 2 years.

I don't think Bowles would be able to keep his job doing that. My guess would be he plays 6 games and then hands over the reigns. If we draft Rosen or Mayfield I think they could start right away.

Just now, T0mShane said:

For those just getting off work and catching up:

1. Jets didn’t do anything but sit around and wait for Cousins.

2. Cousins’ people put out a “Goodbye best fans blah blah” thing on social media that coquettishly tagged the Jets and Vikings at the bottom, along with a bunch of other random tags. 

3. Cousins’ agents and the Vikings are publicly, indirectly squabbling over $3 million per year. 

4. ASJ is probably going to the Seahawks. The rest of the Jets UFA’s are quiet.

5. Jets have been loosely linked to Avery Williamson, an ILB from Tennessee that the Patriots also want.

6. The Bills traded Cordy Glenn to the Bengals for a swap of first rounders, putting them at pick #12, in what appears to be a plot to get into the top five.

Thanks. And I legit respect your trolling game. Its f'ing magical. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, but that comes with uprooting families and having everything change. 

Really?.. ask 100 NFL players if they’d prefer the opportunity to choose between 32 prospective employers or just the one and what do you think the response will be.?

46 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Bowles is a puss and won't start a rookie.

Understood. But do you want to advocate for decisions that will only enable his ineptitude and prolong his tenure?

If I really want Bowles and Macc to go, should I be rooting for us to get embarrassed in the Cousins saga, take a non-qb (non-premium position) player @ 6 (Notre Dame guard says hi) and sign someone like Teddy Bridgewater to start the season?  

How much delayed gratification can I handle?  I thought I was eating my vegetables last year when we were rebuilding... when do I get my steak?  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

If the Jets want to get Cousins they have to give him a reason to come here. Go get ARob and Eifert. Over pay a little if you have to. Show him these Jets aren’t the same old Jets. Just the opinion of the new guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

If the Jets want to get Cousins they have to give him a reason to come here. Go get ARob and Eifert. Over pay a little if you have to. Show him these Jets aren’t the same old Jets. Just the opinion of the new guy. 

Except Robinson and Eifert aren’t coming here unless Cousins is already signed and vise versa 

so...