FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Understood. But do you want to advocate for decisions that will only enable his ineptitude and prolong his tenure?

I want him gone but in case you didn't notice I don't decide that. But yes I want a franchise QB.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except Robinson and Eifert aren’t coming here unless Cousins is already signed and vise versa 

so...

Not even if we over pay a little? Even if we miss on cousins,is the rookie we get that much worse then Bortles and Dalton?

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except Robinson and Eifert aren’t coming here unless Cousins is already signed and vise versa 

so...

So no offensive players are coming here because there's no good offensive players here.  Therefore we may as well draft more defensive players.  

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Cousins isn't winning Minnesota a Super Bowl. Shoot, I don't think he takes them to the Championship game. He shall forever live in the majestic Keenum's shadow.

I've thought this would be the biggest reason he wouldn't pick the Vikings. If he takes the Vikings to the AFC championship he's just an overpaid version of keenum. He needs to get to the super bowl to justify his contract m

In New York, if he takes us to the playoffs or somehow leads us to a division win over the pats he's a legend 

55 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Really?.. ask 100 NFL players if they’d prefer the opportunity to choose between 32 prospective employers or just the one and what do you think the response will be.?

It depends on their current situation, no one knows what they'd do. 

Really.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/19218/randall-cobb-had-multiple-offers-to-leave-packers

Macc has got to have something big in play cuz nothing is coming out of the Jets camp, heck there’s more leaked info coming out of Muller’s investigation than the Jets.  But I would think by now Macc should have a good idea whether we have a realistic chance at Cousins cuz I’m sure some backdoor communication has occurred with Cousins camp.

Also, I have a feeling that Macc has a trade in place to move up, but doesn’t want to show his hand until he has to.  This is like the calm b4 the storm - Gut feeling is Macc is about to shock the world!!!

2 minutes ago, TopCop said:

Macc has got to have something big in play cuz nothing is coming out of the Jets camp, heck there’s more leaked info coming out of Muller’s investigation than the Jets.  But I would think by now Macc should have a good idea whether we have a realistic chance at Cousins cuz I’m sure some backdoor communication has occurred with Cousins camp.

Also, I have a feeling that Macc has a trade in place to move up, but doesn’t want to show his hand until he has to.  This is like the calm b4 the storm - Gut feeling is Macc is about to shock the world!!!

I hope to God you are right! 

Welcome to the board.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Cardinals are "in the mix" for free agent Kirk Cousins.

Cousins' sister lives in the "Phoenix area," which supposedly will be a factor in Cousins' decision. Although we are sure Cousins loves his family, we doubt it will take precedence over money. Like the Jets, Vikings or Broncos, the Cardinals will have to pay a pretty penny if they want Cousins to be their quarterback.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let me ask you. Do you really believe that the Jets will sign nobody?

No. I think they're going to be very active and will sign multiple FAs. Waiting for FA to officially start is just boring. It's easy to get caught up in reading reports nonstop about whose interested in who.

11 minutes ago, TopCop said:

I remember same things were being said about Idzik during the 2014 offseason...”quiet because something big is coming!!!” 

We had brief drama over DRC and lost out n that was it. Im fearful for the same outcome.

I'm so torn on Cousins. I'd love to get him but I really hope Macc doesn't budge on a 5 year deal. If it's anything shorter than a 5 year deal I'd prefer a rookie. There is just so much excitement that comes with a rookie QB. I kinda hope he goes to Denver/Minnesota just so we have a reason get one.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm so torn on Cousins. I'd love to get him but I really hope Macc doesn't budge on a 5 year deal. If it's anything shorter than a 5 year deal I'd prefer a rookie. There is just so much excitement that comes with a rookie QB. I kinda hope he goes to Denver/Minnesota just so we have a reason get one.

Where is this fear of less than a 5 year deal even coming from? 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That doesn't say what you think it says. Also, SBNation isn't a good enough source for me unless that writer has a strong reputation like Chris Cotillo for baseball.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They can’t be accused of tampering in the “Legal Tampering” period lol.

Well, if you agree to a deal the first 5 minutes of legal tampering, then one can assume tampering happened before hand.   That is the reason the league created this window - people were signing players within the first hour of free agency.

5 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Well, if you agree to a deal the first 5 minutes of legal tampering, then one can assume tampering happened before hand.   That is the reason the league created this window - people were signing players within the first hour of free agency.

Yeah, but it’s not like they announced agreements within the first hour much less first 15 hours. So in the Jets case I don’t see the fear for that assumption being a real thing. They just have been tight lipped I suppose ... we might get some news tomorrow, in fact I honestly expect us to. But I only except to hear legit interest in about one or two guys. The rest will unfold on the 14th.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bucs, Titans, and Bears are working with young QBs. The Jags wanted Cousins so much that they re-signed Blake Bortles a month ago. The Browns could have outbid anyone they wanted to for him and traded for Tyrod instead. 

the Browns have the first and the 4th pick ....we don't 

why would the Browns want Cousins ? When they can easily wind up with Both a QB and Barkley and let them grow together with a boat load of talent at WR and TE ?

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

the Browns have the first and the 4th pick ....we don't 

why would the Browns want Cousins ? When they can easily wind up with Both a QB and Barkley and let them grow together with a boat load of talent at WR and TE ?

Agree. Browns really didn’t have much of a reason to go for Cousins given their draft pick situation. Jags is an interesting one. I guess they felt like Bortles had the ability to improve and wanted to ride it out with him after investing the time into him. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agree. Browns really didn’t have much of a reason to go for Cousins given their draft pick situation. Jags is an interesting one. I guess they felt like Bortles had the ability to improve and wanted to ride it out with him after investing the time into him. 

In the case of the Jags and a new coaching staff it usually takes about half a season before teams and players start to mesh and learn the offense and defense respectively. Bortles got much better in the second half and through the playoffs and that's what got him extended.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You could not pay me enough money to raise a newborn son in Jacksonville. Throw in that they wouldn't because they couldn't scrounge up enough....not hard to see why Cousins to Jacksonville was never going to be a thing. At least Minnesota is legit a nice enough place to live and raise a family if you're into being away from people.

The more I think about the Jets 'conundrum' now about how best to get their QB, the more pissed I get about playing the useless McCown last year for a few more meaningless wins and 'player development' ya know...

Now the choice is to overpay someone that to date is a questionable franchise QB who wants a short-term deal or trade the better part of this draft and possibly nexts to get the QB of their choice...which on a team with as many holes on the roster as we have isn't a great situation either.

Petty and Hack should have played last year...all year...and either progressed, or secured us the top pick this year.  The only the Jets should have paid McCown for last year was QB coach and emergency #3.  Only WE could f*ck this up.

Archived