FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

If Cousins absolutely wants a deal with a likely or potential 3 yr out, I want no part of him...not at the money he's looking for.  To me, he's either 'all in' for at least 5 yrs or he can take a hike.

Hell, I'd rather trade my 2nd #2 or 3rd roundDP for Foles, and sit at #6, taking a QB if one is still there to compete/develop, than give Cousins a 3 yr deal.

And I want NO PART OF McCOWN part deux.  Screw him.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

If McCown absolutely wants a deal with a likely or potential 3 yr out, I want no part of him...not at the money he's looking for.  To me, he's either 'all in' for at least 5 yrs or he can take a hike.

Hell, I'd rather trade my 2nd #2 or 3rd roundDP for Foles, and sit at #6, taking a QB if one is still there to compete/develop, than give Cousins a 3 yr deal.

And I want NO PART OF McCOWN part deux.  Screw him.

You did mean Cousins at the top of your post..right?

Yeah, I don't like Cousins for a three-year deal.  I think he's dumb if he pursues that. His interest will never be higher than it is now.  He should get inked to a 5-year deal - wherever he goes.  Supposedly his sister lives in Phoenix (hence talk of the Cardinals).

I guess we'll see....

44 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

They are likely waiting to make all announcements on Wednesday as to not be accused of tampering...  It is peculiar that no "agreements" have been leaked.

They can communicate and even agree to terms, but they aren't allowed to make any announcements until the new league year begins. 

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

They can communicate and even agree to terms, but they aren't allowed to make any announcements until the new league year begins. 

Then how do you explain all of these deals that players have agreed to that’s being announced.  As I understand it deals can be agreed upon and announced right now, but they can’t be signed and won’t be official until the new league begins on Wednesday 

Just now, TopCop said:

Then how do you explain all of these deals that players have agreed to that’s being announced.  As I understand it deals can be agreed upon and announced right now, but they can’t be signed and won’t be official until the new league begins on Wednesday 

Announcing trades and teams re-signing their own free agents is permitted.

36 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

The more I think about the Jets 'conundrum' now about how best to get their QB, the more pissed I get about playing the useless McCown last year for a few more meaningless wins and 'player development' ya know...

Now the choice is to overpay someone that to date is a questionable franchise QB who wants a short-term deal or trade the better part of this draft and possibly nexts to get the QB of their choice...which on a team with as many holes on the roster as we have isn't a great situation either.

Petty and Hack should have played last year...all year...and either progressed, or secured us the top pick this year.  The only the Jets should have paid McCown for last year was QB coach and emergency #3.  Only WE could f*ck this up.

I can’t believe that approach was an idea that MacBowles had.  I think the Johnsons drove that to sell more tickets.

13 minutes ago, TopCop said:

Macc has to know right now if Cousins is coming

If I were the Jets I'd want to know SOON from Cousins so we can go to plan B if we have to. I would hope by Thursday night he'd announce SOMETHING.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

If I were the Jets I'd want to know SOON from Cousins so we can go to plan B if we have to. I would hope by Thursday night he'd announce SOMETHING.

Do you think ESPN will make it a one hour special? The Decision II?

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm so torn on Cousins. I'd love to get him but I really hope Macc doesn't budge on a 5 year deal. If it's anything shorter than a 5 year deal I'd prefer a rookie. There is just so much excitement that comes with a rookie QB. I kinda hope he goes to Denver/Minnesota just so we have a reason get one.

I hear what your saying and know how you feel . I'm excited about getting one of the top 4 QB's in the draft. Any of them. If we had the 3rd or 4th pick I wouldn't cre about Cousins as much. But we don't. Ideally I'd like us to have a viable FA QB signed BEFORE the draft. I DON'T want to give up extra picks just to move up a few spots to guarantee a top 4 QB in the draft. 

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

So no offensive players are coming here because there's no good offensive players here.  Therefore we may as well draft more defensive players.  

Exactly.  Todd Bowles is happy.

635788005347388563-Jets-Bowles-Knight-Fo

Feels a bit like a dance to me. Cousins tags the Jets to up the price to the Vikings. Vikings enquire about Brees to put a shot across the bow of Cousins. 

It will have to be a hell of a sell to get him here. And I wonder how much I want a guy I have to sell to that hard.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This little a-hole knows something we don’t, again. 

“...” with an excited .gif

4B4CB1FF-397C-43A5-A494-420DA43D9CDA.jpeg

There’s also some local Vikings reporter saying that the Jets are basically going to make Cousins an offer he can’t refuse and the Vikings have backed away a bit.

Supposedly the Jets are offering 4 years, fully guaranteed with $40+ million in the first year.

Don’t know if there’s really anything to it, but whatever, it’s been a slow day.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

There’s also some local Vikings reporter saying that the Jets are basically going to make Cousins an offer he can’t refuse and the Vikings have backed away a bit.

Supposedly the Jets are offering 4 years, fully guaranteed with $40+ million in the first year.

Don’t know if there’s really anything to it, but whatever, it’s been a slow day.

If that happens and we don't take a QB in the draft, we just f'ed ourselves for a long time. If we fall on our faces and go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Mac, Bowles, and Cousins can gtfo. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Considering our cap situation this year and Macc's penchant for shopping at the dollar store, there is really no harm in giving Cousins 40 million year 1. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Considering our cap situation this year and Macc's penchant for shopping at the dollar store, there is really no harm in giving Cousins 40 million year 1. 

I’m all for it

Hell, the 49ers are essentially doing the same thing with Garoppolo in the first year of his deal and he doesn’t have close to the body of work that Cousins does.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Link me, please. 

1 minute ago, pointman said:

If that happens and we don't take a QB in the draft, we just f'ed ourselves for a long time. If we fall on our faces and go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Mac, Bowles, and Cousins can gtfo. 

If we spend all that money on Cousins, there is ZERO chance we are drafting a QB. It would be idiotic. What team signs a franchise QB for 4 years and then drafts a QB in the top 6 that will, if everything goes well, sit on the bench for half a decade? 

GMs aren't tasked with building a team for the next GM. Cousins will be brought in to win a SB in the next 4 years. If things fail, they will be back in the top 10 and the next GM can pick the next QB flavor of the year. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If we spend all that money on Cousins, there is ZERO chance we are drafting a QB. It would be idiotic. What team signs a franchise QB for 4 years and then drafts a QB in the top 6 that will, if everything goes well, sit on the bench for half a decade? 

GMs aren't tasked with building a team for the next GM. Cousins will be brought in to win a SB in the next 4 years. If things fail, they will be back in the top 10 and the next GM can pick the next QB flavor of the year. 

Yeah I get thatt. Its all a landslide of signing Cousins is my point. We need a QB in this draft. The idea that we run with him for four years, and if we fail get a top ten pick is oversimplification. Reality is, he may just be real middle of the road, mid draft type of a team. That is the absolute worst case scenario. And a very real scenario if we bring in a 30 yr old, mediocre, hasn't won anything meaningful qb that the Washington Sucks At Football Redskins just let walk away for nothing.

Archived