joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed, I want no part of Mayfield in the first round at all.  

i think he'll be good but i thought that about trubisky as well.  but getting into maccag's head, i think if he trades up it will be for a prototypical pocket passer.  

Just now, Sully80 said:

Devin Smith still on this team

didn't think i'd hear his name again until his release was announced.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

this is interesting b/c it suggests the draft will skew offense.  or not.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Your making way to many excuses fam . We get it u don’t like him that’s Fine . The jets are clearly looking for the scat back to pair with him . Let’s just see how it works out .

even Kamra has thumper type in Ingram to compliment him .

cheap replacement for forte.  and i still think part of the logic is that they may be dealing up for a qb and won't sit with 3 picks on day 2 to fill rb/wr/Te like we would all want to in an ideal world.  so if we have to live with crowell and a real qb, i'll take that combo.

• Like 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

In the role they tried using forte, he’s actually a much better fit. When we got forte his ypc up the middle was down around 2 yds. He was done as a grinder. Crowell is perfect for that role.

And yes, he can catch occasional passes, but he doesn’t create mismatches as a receiver. Those are guys who get paid.

which is why crowell got paid what he's getting paid.  

remember, is this the scheme where denver had 1,000 yard rushers who were no-names?  

Just now, MDL_JET said:

I'm sure the jets will be the 4th coach to think they can get something out of him.

if anyone can, bowles can.  look what he got out of revis, mo and sheldon.

• Like 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Dolphins appear to be going off the QB market. Restructured Tannehill's contract

it's classic tanny, keep pushing back cap hits until it all blows up.  miami is still in the qb market.

Just now, Pcola said:

The question is, do you get the guy you want at 6 or just the guy everyone else didn’t like.

So if you like one or two guys better than the other two, do you risk Den, or worse, the Dolphins or Bills jumping up to get them?

my hunch based on no inside info unlike mogglez, is that mccags would trade up for darnold or rosen if either made it to 3.  this probably means buffalo traded up for allen or cleveland took him.  but if darnold/rosen go 1/2, i'm not sure mccagnan would want to burn all those extra picks for allen or mayfield.  i could be wrong, he could be playing coy and then goes for broke b/c his job is on the line.  

i will say that he could draft allen and sit him all year with mccown and teddy, though.  it would be a full waste of a draft pick in 2018, though, and i don't know if his rep. could withstand this.  his mantra seems to be, draft guys in the first round who have low bust potential and can contribute right away, and rosen and darnold fit that mold way more than allen.  

as for mayfield, i can see them drafting him at 6 but i can't see mccagnan giving up the farm to move to 3.

30 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Think WR and OL are seriously more pressing priorities and it's not close. Not sure what they expect any QB or RB to do with this awfulness. Once again, the defense will be ineffective and on the field all day, in large part because the offense is from hunger. Management has spent time and bandwidth selling the idea McCown resigning is some wonderful thing.Its' not; he's an old guy looking for some big payday on the way out. May be he doesn't care the offense right now is not building anything long term.  Heck, in the run/run/3rd and 8 heave offense, as long as the check clears and you can dump it off on 3rd before you get crushed, it's a good gig for an old guy. Same sheet, different season. 

i don't think wr is as pressing a need as qb/ol.  anderson should still play, maybe he gets suspended a game or two.  enunwa/kearse/hansen before anything else.  that's 4 guys, add 1 more you can go with that corps this year.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh. They're still taking Darnold at 1. If not they're idiots. 

there have been people saying for a while that the browns will take allen.  not that you can put any cred into anything right now.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What if the Giants grab a QB, the Jets trade up to 3 and now you are stuck with the 3rd best QB you may not even love. 

I'd be SHOCKED if the Browns pass on a QB at 1. They will find the guy they love, take him at 1 and then take one of Nelson/Barkley/Chubb at 4. 

this am schefter said the browns are taking a qb 1st no doubt, probably darnold.  i still think rosen goes next to either nyg or buff.  then the jets will have to decide how much they love the other two.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

2 for 8.

He can make up to 11

tells me the jets made an offer that they figured would be outdone by someone.  sounds like the jets really didn't want him, but if they could get him for cheap, they'd take him back.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Posted this in the Honey Badger thread but I told my buddy who works for the Jets to tell Mac to sign him. His response "we are trying"

Make it happen Mac!

Did he also say that about quarterbacks?

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

Grant a nice role player

Don't know a thing about him, but apparently jets were/are interested?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks to #math, the Minkah dream lives on.

all that to draft josh allen.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, usanyj said:

The only question for the colts is if they want to drop that far?  Do you want to go from 3 to 12?  are you willing to lose a player you want.  LAst year the 49ers went from 2 to 3, got extra picks and still go ttheir player.  I would think that that is the colts idea.  going from 3 to 5 or 3 to 6 still allows them to get someone they want.  

buffalo may trade up again, colts may wind up trading back to 8.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The Colts would be stupid to do this trade. If they trade us, at least they’re in the ball park and only move 3 spots back. 

For once, I would probably pick our owner than Irsay. Guy is trash. 

IF mccagnan is willing to part with the assets.  'at the end of the day' i don't think he will.  i think the most he'll give up is a 2nd and a pick in next year's draft.  and THAT's only b/c he has 2 2nd rounders.  but it would be a shame to lose out on mayfield b/c he's cheap. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BCJet said:

We dont know the details of what the offers were or how cheap Mac is, but what we do know is that when Tunsil fell due to the weed mask, Mac was trying to move up to get him - how aggressive, we dont know, but he did see an opportunity and tried to take it.

The biggest thing to me is that Mac should be smart enough to realize that without a QB at 6, he will have a very tough time in the media, fans, and on the field.  I like Bridgewater and think he is better then what hes given credit for, but we need someone like Mayfield here to increase the chances and see if we can finally have an offense that puts points on the board.

Self preservation is more important then any other mitigating factor.  Mac should know that if he missed again, it doesnt matter how many picks we have in 2019, he wont be here to use them.  Its time for him to tie himself to a guy like Baker and see what happens.

the concept that mccagnan 'tries' to move up at this point is laughable.  he simply does not want to pay what other teams are willing to pay, and that's why we have no qb heading into his 4th draft.  

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

If he doesn't make a splash in the draft by going and getting "his" qb, both him and Bowles will be fired at the end of the season.

i'm not disagreeing with you.  but based on what we know about him, if he's on the phone with indy's gm and the guy is telling mccags what the bills offer is, and if he'll up his offer, i just don't have faith that he's willing to part with the draft picks - especially, at that point, if it's for mayfield or allen, assuming darnold and rosen are gone.  i could easily see him bailing, buffalo getting allen, and then mccagnan praying that elway doesn't take mayfield.  or, maybe he can convince cleveland to go back 2 spots, take mayfield, but cleveland would have to assume that nobody is trading up for barkley with denver.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m only advocating for Minkah because it’d be the most catastrophic pick, both practically and emotionally. I’m not saying I want the player on my squad.

it's sad when there's a more catastrophic pick at #6 than a guard.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If Buffalo trades up - Jets miss-out on one of the 4 - end of discussion.  They simply can not allow that to happen.  Mac knows his job is on the line if he doesn't do it.

anything is possible.  the giants may choose not to trade with the jets.  indy may want buffalo's 2 first round picks that the jets don't have.  cleveland may want barkely at 4 and that's that.  the jets are not in control here and that's their own fault.  it could well come down to whether elway takes mayfield or not.  imagine those 10 minutes on draft day.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If you want a guy, you make an offer that won't be turned down. May end up being a lot but if you firmly believe he's THE guy, why you gonna let a team behind you jump ahead? That's BS to me. 

If the 4 do go before we pick though, you kind of have to pick Allen. Who else you going with? 2nd round guy? Jackson will probably go to a team in the middle of the draft. 

i don't think this is mccagnan, that's why we don't have wentz.

i think the draft pivots at 2.  i think a qb is going there, but will it be the giants or buffalo, and will it be rosen or allen?  truth, if rosen makes it to 3, i can see mccagnan being more aggressive than if it's mayfield vs. allen.  

Giants are taking a QB.

if darnold/rosen go 1/2, then the bills may well be very aggressive in trading with indy.  i'll assume allen is the target.  so then the jets would have to convince the browns that they'd still get barkley at 6, or else cleveland takes barkley and the broncos have a layup to mayfield if they want it.

Yes....which is why the Jets can not let the Bill beat them out for the 3rd pick.  It's just not acceptable - at all.  

More than welcome to trade for the 2nd though. - Let's hope the Giants trade out with the Bills..better for us.

i agree that the giants may trade out with buffalo.  that's why i think the giants control the draft.  rb/qb/trade.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

WELP. We're taking Lamar Jackson at 6 then. 

If it goes

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Colts - trade to Bills - Allen

Browns - Chubb/Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - JACKSONNNN

at that point it may make the most sense ironically for him to explore trade down scenarios.  he'd get tarred and feathered if he took jackson at 6.  he may as well trade back and get more picks, someone would trade up for chubb or barkley at that point.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

And do what at QB? That's why Mac can't fuk around sitting at 6. He NEEDS a QB. Can't walk away day 1 of the draft without a QB.

do what?  do the same thing he's done for 4 years - wimp out.  take a qb in the 2nd round.  try to sell the fanbase it's all ok.  get fired.  it is a possibility.  teams need qbs besides the jets, we do not have an aggressive gm.

Just now, Dcat said:

or the jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) at #6 and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

i still don't know what that does.  what is jackson?  what kind of offense does he run?  you may need to trade into the mid first round to get him. 

1 minute ago, peebag said:

It will cost approx. 1 HC and GM.

fortunately we happen to have one of each.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Then he's a f'n moron. lol. It's go get a QB or be fired. It's quite simple. But guess we'll see. 

i acknowledge the possibility that mccagnan gets shut out of the qb derby b/c he's too cheap.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't buy it.  I think Mac knows his job is on the line - I really don't think he loses out on one of the 4. 

Honestly, if he doesn't come away with one of those 4 I'm not even sure he gets through the season - in fact I doubt he does.

i don't think he can draft allen and save his job.  the guy needs a redshirt year.  what does it do for mccagnan to trade up for a qb who needs to sit all year, so he can play mccown and bridgewater?  i think it HAS to be 1 of the other 3 and that's where he may need to go all in for mayfield.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pcola said:

In this worst case scenario, we would then end up with our pass rusher, Bradley Chubb.  I know it’s not a QB and it’s another first round pick on a defender, but that would be the right move.

I think we sit tight if the draft goes Darnold and then Rosen.  Let Buffalo blow their load of picks to get Allen.  What offensive genius do they have that’s going to be able to make Allen not the QB he was for the last two years at WY?

So at 4, Cleveland has a choice of Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, or Mayfield.  At this point, we have 2 teams in front of us with 3 home run prospects left.

If something weird happens where Cleveland takes Allen or either Cle or the NYGs take Barkley, then we match or beat whatever Buffalo offers to get Darnold or Rosen.

Scenario 1, adding the pass rusher completes our defense.  Sure we need to add depth to the DL, but with a secondary that could still include Mathieu, the D has potential to be the best in the league.

Scenario 2: we get Rosen or Darnold.

Eithwr way, make sure we get Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Barkley, or Chubb at 6.  Not certain, but the odds are pretty good.

if the jets can't or won't trade up, it could end up that darnold/rosen/allen go 1-3, cleveland gets barkley, and we're all sitting there wondering what the broncos are going to do.  that would be awful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pcola said:

If this were to play out, we would take Chubb or Barkley.  Maybe try to move back into the 1st for Jackson but we are never going to take him at 6.

that would be some draft, taking chubb at 6, then watching reporters say the jets are looking to trade back into the first to get jackson.  i still don't know what he'll do in the pros once he's forced to become mostly a pocket passer.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company