FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, T0mShane said:

At the end of the day, the Jets will have gotten a quarterback and the money won’t matter because there are no current Jets who deserve a big contract extension any time soon (ever). 

But what about the fact that we won't take a QB in the draft now because of Cousins??

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I understood it was that the Redskins definitely wanted Cousins back but the relationship had soured so much that he didn’t want to be there anymore. That’s different that being cast out or not being deemed the franchise QB.

Now ultimately I’d rather draft our guy but Kirk is a franchise QB who is a free agent because of a colossal mismanagement of the position by Washington.. not because they didn’t want him 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No problem homie. 

Without exposing too much for obvious reasons...

I'm not one to praise Maccagnan lately...but he's put a very very very creative and good offer, for both sides, out there...if Cousins takes it...I don't think anyone here (who is smart at least...) will complain about it.

That’s an interesting tidbit, and thanks again. I’ll be interested to see what the good “for both sides” part entails. I don’t associate Maccagnan with creativity, so now I’m curious,

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No problem homie. 

I'm not one to praise Maccagnan lately...but he's put a very very very creative and good offer, for both sides, out there...if Cousins takes it...I don't think anyone here (who is smart at least...) will complain about it.

Good looks on the tidbits bro. Always much appreciated.

Now I'm not as down on Macc as a GM like many here are, but I have had my concerns when it comes to he creative how can get (whether in FA or draft).

This offseason can go a long way into changing my views on him.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s an interesting tidbit, and thanks again. I’ll be interested to see what the good “for both sides” part entails. I don’t associate Maccagnan with creativity, so now I’m curious,

Again, my pessimistic soul agrees with you and thinks that we get spurned like the somewhat hot chubby/thicc chick for the hot, blonde, bimbo with a drinking problem (Vikings)....but I guess we'll see.

If he takes the bait, I don't think you'll be displeased.  Dare I say, you might be impressed with the guy who actually put together this deal.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s the thing though, I don’t think the Jets are in nearly as sh*tty of shape as many seem to.

Even if the Jets give Cousins $40 million in his first year, that still leaves basically an extra $50 million to add a couple of extra pieces and sign our draft picks. And we’d still have the 6th overall pick and two additional picks in the Top 50 alone.

Macc can turn this whole thing around overnight if he plays his cards right.

Now, if you’re skeptical about him being able to play his cards right, well that’s certainly understandable. 

Yeah, playing the cards right isn’t something I associate with him either. And, if we’re being real, quarterback play wasn’t what was hurting the Jets last season until McCown went down. 

6 minutes ago, King P said:

Good looks on the tidbits bro. Always much appreciated.

Now I'm not as down on Macc as a GM like many here are, but I have had my concerns when it comes to how creative how can get (whether in FA or draft).

This offseason can go a long way into changing my views on him.

I'm right there with you.  I'm expecting to be disappointed because I won't let my heart be broken...but I hope I'm as wrong as anyone.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, my pessimistic soul agrees with you and thinks that we get spurned like the somewhat hot chubby/thicc chick for the hot, blonde, bimbo with a drinking problem (Vikings)....but I guess we'll see.

If he takes the bait, I don't think you'll be displeased.  Dare I say, you might be impressed with the guy actually put together a this deal.

As you know, my first impulse is to expect the worst from the Jets in every scenario, but if they land Cousins there’s not much even a miserable **** like me can bitch about, even if it feels like ill-gotten gains that will result in propping up an otherwise hopeless regime. 

32 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The way I understood it was that the Redskins definitely wanted Cousins back but the relationship had soured so much that he didn’t want to be there anymore. That’s different that being cast out or not being deemed the franchise QB.

Now ultimately I’d rather draft our guy but Kirk is a franchise QB who is a free agent because of a colossal mismanagement of the position by Washington.. not because they didn’t want him 

^This post and the gross documentary thing had me wondering how Redskins Nation is responding to letting Kirk walk, and why we haven’t seen any Redskins lamenting his departure, and I came upon this long form article which, dayum, is full of sour grapes but also says that Kirk wasn’t exactly popular down there. (I’d cut and paste it but it’s long AF)

https://thesportscapitol.com/2018/03/12/opinion-be-thankful-for-the-end-of-the-you-like-that-era/

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t do it. He’s got that documentary to make.

Is that the one where he wears a Jet hat and vikings jersey and walks aimlessly around Arizona asking the plethora of elderly where he should sign?

Just now, Sully80 said:

Is that the one where he wears a Jet hat and vikings jersey and walks aimlessly around Arizona asking the plethora of elderly where he should sign?

That’s pretty awesome. Lol

Ome good thing coming from the documentary: we’ll get to see Todd and Macc attempt to be persuasive while eating Olive Garden spaghetti.

Also guarantees Denver takes a QB at 4. Might not be the worst move to offer up a conditional 6th rounder for Siemian ASAP in case Kirk gives the rose to the hot broad.

Hot broads are cold as ice in the sack. Macc just needs to strap on his knee pads and even the play field a bit.

That’s pretty awesome. Lol

Ome good thing coming from the documentary: we’ll get to see Todd and Macc attempt to be persuasive while eating Olive Garden spaghetti.

I can vividly picture Mac selling the hell out of tri-state area food while double fisting their breadsticks

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Hot broads are cold as ice in the sack. Macc just needs to strap on his knee pads and even the play field a bit.

Macc is used to going the GILF route in free agency, so he’s going to have to adjust his game for sure.

Macc is used to going the GILF route in free agency, so he’s going to have to adjust his game for sure.

So at the meeting he'll ask Kirk if he's hungry 100 times before Kirk finally relents and accepts a sandwich made from last night's roast?

I’m cool with the documentary idea. As a football fan, I’d love to see more of what goes on behind the scenes.  The Hard Knocks, Mic’d Up, and Sound FX stuff is all cool in my book. 

And I’m really excited to see a competent QB on our team, so I’m extremely cool with Kirk Cousins. They just replayed his game against Seattle (on NFLN) and he made some absolutely gorgeous throws. And I mean GORGEOUS. 

He also made some mistakes and didn’t post the best stats... but he lead his team to victory.  And that’s all I’m hoping for. While some of y’all are going to undoubtedly hold him and his contract to some insane standard, and point to whatever stat (or lack of stats) can drive your agenda to say how dumb our team is, I’m stoked that we finally targeted a player we’ve identified to make our team better, and are attempting to do WHATEVER it takes to get him. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

No problem homie. 

Awesome info. Thanks as always, Moggs!

Archived