joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Just now, Sully80 said:

If they sign Bradford they still draft a QB right?

I would assume so. Just like if the Jets signed Bradford or Bridgewater, that wouldn't take them out of the running for a QB at 6. I wouldn't be shocked to see the broncos, after giving Keenum big bucks, drafting a QB at 5. 

Aside from cousins, none of these FA QBs are long term answers. It's just smart for the Bills to have a solid backup plan. 

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

From a guy with almost 16K posts on a Jets message board in just over three years, this rings about as hollow as all the rest of your nonsense.

I like how the message all offseason has been “the arrows pointing up folk’s” and then the second Maccagnan starts pissing free agency down his leg like any halfway intelligent person knew he would, it turns into “who even cares, were all gonna die”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Cousins to Minny means Mac HAS to go ALL in on getting pick #3 and take Rosen or Allen. No way around it. His future as. GM depends on it. He will overpay to beat out Buffalo 

Allen at 3 would be grounds for a new allegiance for me.

• Post of the Week 1

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

On another note the Vikings are completely screwed if they lose out on Cousins to us. 3 QBs on their team, they clear house and now theres a possibility they lose out on everyone. That's a fireable offense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant.

We weren't going after Norwell. The Giants were

Just now, JiF said:

Crazy how a team with less money but a great team was able to pull Norwell.  I cold have sworn it was all about the Benjamin's and that meant, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

They are paying him well, and they were minutes away from a SB, not rocket science if your Norwell. top RB strong defense.

Besides you know mac is having all his time tied up in the cousins goose chase and getting ready to go to Baker Mayfield's pro day. 

If we do sign Cousins to a three year deal people should realize that a contract

of that length would allow us to draft a QB at #6

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Didn't he take more money from the Jags? By a lot? 

Just now, Sully80 said:

On another note the Vikings are completely screwed if they lose out on Cousins to us. 3 QBs on their team, they clear house and now theres a possibility they lose out on everyone. That's a fireable offense.

They must really love and appreciate the idea of being held hostage by a vanity project ESPN documentary. I’m sure hardo Mike Nolan just absolutely loves waiting around for three days so Kirk can get some footage.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, MDL_JET said:

He's the highest paid guard in NFL History, so that's a lot of money

Just now, KRL said:

If we do sign Cousins to a three year deal people should realize that a contract

That’d be a wretched use of resources and Kirk would have an aneurysm with the RGIII flashbacks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

because nothing has happened yet, why get all pissed off when nothing has happened? 

I don't think, and i hope I am right that we don't touch Darkwa 

We agree on Bowles and Mac and I do think Bowles and his "not wanting to play a young qb" is why Mac is even in on Cousins. WE should have had a legit rebuild in Mac's first year and WOody should have said do whatever you have to do to draft your QB. WE should have traded up for one already. 

We basically agree on everything from what I can tell, I am just saying to chill and lets see what happens. 

Throw out some names that are game changers on offense available to the Jets right now?  I’m sick of being garbage on offense in an era where Kirk Cousins can command 30 million per year because he had a good year with Jordan Reed, Garçon, and D Jackson, Tavon Austin is a kick/punt returner, Paul Richardson is Devin Smith if Devin Smith got healthy, Mike Wallace please, a 2nd rounder for Tyrell Williams no thanks, Darkwa lol.  The Jets would need a miracle to have say Rosen, or Darnold fall to 6, and have say guys like Michel, and C Kirk fall to them in the 2nd, and all 3 become instant difference makers to make this offense exciting, that’s like a .0000003% chance.

5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Even signing Keenum? What were his contract details?

Who knows with Elway. But can we please stop talking about him as a good GM? He took a QB in the first round 2 years ago, he's barely played and now they're looking for a QB again and signing Keenum. Signing Peyton can only carry him for so long.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

His point is that having “$100 mil in cap space!” is a social construct that has no real meaning and suggests no actual advantage when you get into the offseason,

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

His point is that having “$100 mil in cap space!” is a social construct that has no real meaning and suggests no actual advantage when you get into the offseason,

Depends on how you use it. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Who knows with Elway. But can we please stop talking about him as a good GM? He took a QB in the first round 2 years ago, he's barely played and now they're looking for a QB again and signing Keenum. Signing Peyton can only carry him for so long.

Yea that Superbowl team is falling apart, winning one gives you a grace period/job security but Elway can't afford another Paxton Lynch

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

They’ve been to two Super Bowls.

NFL  RADIO said that Arizona Sports 98.7 is reporting that the Cards will offer Cousins 145 million for 5 years.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They must really love and appreciate the idea of being held hostage by a vanity project ESPN documentary. I’m sure hardo Mike Nolan just absolutely loves waiting around for three days so Kirk can get some footage.

I think Zimmer wants to tell Cousins to F**k off and re-sign Bridgewater.  I could sense a hair of resentment when he was interviewed about it a couple weeks ago.

The decision 2 electric booglaoo may just be enough for Zimmer to launch sh-t around his office and tell speilman to pull the offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

it's absurd to think that's what mccagnan would do.

the best thing about signing cousins, would be that they wouldn't have to sacrifice picks to trade up.  it's mccags' dream scenario, letting the draft fall to him.  he may actually get chubb at 6 in that scenario.  or he would take a cb.  and then he'd maybe get around to addressing the offense at some point 

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Would make taking Mayfield or Allen @ 6 that much more plausible, with them developing for a couple of years. But would Mac actually double dip that highly in $ and draft capital in the same year? I know I would if I ran an organization that made finding a quarterback since 1974 as difficult as splitting an atom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Depends on how you use it. 

Or don't. In Scrooge McCag's case.

image.png

• Haha 1

Just now, prime21 said:

NFL  RADIO said that Arizona Sports 98.7 is reporting that the Cards will offer Cousins 145 million for 5 years.  

Cardinals are in the same boat as the Jets and in a much tougher division. He should pass that

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Throw out some names that are game changers on offense available to the Jets right now?  I’m sick of being garbage on offense in an era where Kirk Cousins can command 30 million per year because he had a good year with Jordan Reed, Garçon, and D Jackson, Tavon Austin is a kick/punt returner, Paul Richardson is Devin Smith if Devin Smith got healthy, Mike Wallace please, a 2nd rounder for Tyrell Williams no thanks, Darkwa lol.  The Jets would need a miracle to have say Rosen, or Darnold fall to 6, and have say guys like Michel, and C Kirk fall to them in the 2nd, and all 3 become instant difference makers to make this offense exciting, that’s like a .0000003% chance.

I've recovered from being pissed about A-Rob, Watkins, and Landry. Anderson when playing and not resisting arrest is a game changer, but they need another game breaking WR and a workhouse RB.

Just now, dbatesman said:

They’ve been to two Super Bowls.

Yes because Peyton Manning decided to go there. Manning built that team. But not gonna get all into that. Elways seat should be hot. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

NFL rules declare that he has to spend some

We'll have the the team with the smallest standard deviation in salaries from top to bottom in the league.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Two SB appearances: one driven by offense and one driven by defense; and the one they won was driven by defense. Those teams were far more than just Peyton, and they were constantly changing year in and year out.

Elway is an excellent GM who - like everyone else, will accrue misfires the longer his tenure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cardinals are in the same boat as the Jets and in a much tougher division. He should pass that

also, who do they have other than David Johnson, Larry Fitz for what 1 more season. lol.. I don't see the appeal to Zona