joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Just now, The Walrus said:

Agreed. MCCown or Bridgewater. But both ? I thought the interest in Bridgewater was just cover in case McCown wasn't a done deal.

Beyond idiotic to me. Wtf are they thinking man? W.T.F

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

honest questions cause im a huge rosen fan too. if they draft him are u still upset? cause i will if hes not at least number 2 in camp

Rosen would be the most talented QB out there. No way they redshirt him he’d force his way to #1

and I would not be upset,no, I want a rookie. I’m mad that we have two vets

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly think they:

- Absolutely planning on drafting a quarterback in round 1.

- Want Bridgewater to be healthy enough to start next year.

- Covering their bases if Bridgewater’s leg implodes and the rookie isn’t ready, by signing McCown.

10 million for McCown on a one year deal ks basically equivalent to $1.00 USD. We aren’t using all of our cap space this year and McCown’s $ won’t affect next years cap.

Both on 1 year deals mean they expect their draft pick to completely take over in 2019, possibly have Bridgewater as a backup, and maybe McCown as our QB coach.

You give me slight hope..I pray to god that a high first round QB is in our plans...

• Like 1

Just now, The Walrus said:

Only way I riddle it out is that they are going a Rookie QB high in the draft and all it takes is McCown to be injured and all we have on the roster is the rookie. So they have depth in Bridgewater so that situation never happens, that the rookie isn't exposed to being the only QB on the roster and with no experience.

Petty and Hack are out. 

Hack has to be out. I knew Petty was as good as gone but that surprised me. I thought they even publicly said that he would have a chance to show something this year. 

6 minutes ago, morny said:

Has there been any rumours at all about Ryan Jensen? Sounds very quiet on his front. 

Same with the likes of Claiborne, Demario Davis etc...

Jensen is what I have been waiting on. Jets need to give him everything he could ever desire so we can trade up if we have to.

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Avery Williamson is a great signing! I happen to be a big fan of Demario Davis and what he brings to the team, so I'm hoping he tests the market and comes back for a lower price to give us some depth

I feel the same way. Love DD but Avery is RIGHT there with him on PFF grades and production from last year and younger! Good good good signing Jets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So the Jets have potentially signed 5 FAs. 2 QBs, 1 CB, 1 RB, 1 ILB.

Still want to see a center, but that market doesn't seem to be moving quickly after Richburg signed with San Fran

Give me Jensen or give me death tbh.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Almost makes me feel bad for all the bitching and whining I did earlier today.  Almost.

Me too...but not actually lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't feel bad at all there's still some low key resentment but he can make it all go away with a few more signings. Let's start with Kyle Fuller and Ryan Jensen.

Exactly!

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

I was stuck trying to understand it for a long ass time, myself. I think because they both have injury issues, Macc didn’t want to just sign one with the chance that a rookie has to play with no one behind him if one goes down. I HOPE that’s the idea. I PRAY that’s the idea. Still trying to f*cking grasp this odd situation we have given ourselves. Whatever though, they just need to make sure we have our future QB come draft day. I do believe the length of the contracts mean something though. 1 year on both of them means that they understand we have nothing going forward UNLESS we draft said rookie QB...

• Like 1

• Post of the Week 1

I just need us a QB come draft day. Please please please let that happen and I might understand a little better what’s going on. Still not feeling good at all about McCown being named the starter on March 13th...wtf is that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYJets8 said:

WHO said that?

It’s all over the place. They legit told the man he will start.

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

It means that even Josh effing McCown was willing to take less money to go elsewhere absent this odd guarantee of playing time and that making it public/leaking it was a key condition of him signing. We just let Josh McCown make game day decisions because Macc and Bowles knew they couldn't survive that final embarrassment.

Macc and Bowles have no control.

I’m really upset over it bro..like...how do you tell this man he’s the starter before FA even truly begins? No competition? No regard for his age and the need to find the future? No regard for success? I’m just disgusted tbh...Macc is really testing my loyalty to the team

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Mac is actually a double agent placed here by Kraft. It’s the only lgicel explanation for this sh*t show since he’s been the GM.

I’m honestly convinced at this point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

6-10 here we come!!!!!

th?id=OIP.7_cAbL0Xvck690a53kREZgHaE3&pid

Feels like blatant disrespect. Idk about y’all. Feels like Macc said F you fans. F what you been needing for 50 years. I do this thing my way, regardless of the circumstances.

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Even before the draft! I mean just... wow.

There has to be something wrong with that one. Maybe it’s just a false wide spread rumor surrounding the signing? Idk man. I can only wishfully think at this point.

4 minutes ago, NYJets8 said:

I don’t believe it, not until I can see the milk is pure from that cow.

Odd analogy but I feel you. 

I have settled down some what though. Taken a step back from the edge, ya’know? Think signing Jensen and a few other really exciting/young productive names will ease the pain. Like the Pryor idea tbh. Maybe not built like a #1 but with a west coast system, timing routes over the middle matter a lot and with a speedy guy like that who has good hands? You can do a lot with that. 

FA wish list going into Wednesday for me would be....

Ryan Jensen

Morris Claiborne/Kyle Fuller/EJ Gains

Terrell Pryor/Moncrief

Some sort of young OLB with upside..have no idea who is out there.

Honey Badger(I know it’s unlikely tbh)

And anyone else they grab that’s worth signing would just be a bonus for my outlook on FA so far. In the end just get gets that can immediately help this team and strengthen our roster with talent and upside. That’s all I can ask for. Make calculated moves in volume.

8 minutes ago, TnT said:

Glad to hear.

Jansen

Mo

WR/OLB/D-Line depth/O-Line depth

Pryor wouldn’t be half bad.

Moncrief is said to being going to JAX

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one. I do however believe we won’t cut Carpenter until after the draft...it will depend on who we come out with and how the positions depth looks in May.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Boom. The ‘original’ Arden Key

How is Mingo’s production the past few years? I remember when he was drafted and then never really payed attention afterwards. I’d welcome that signing if he can play some ball.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Basically got a player who can consistently perform at (or even outperform) Demario Davis's 2017 level of play, except he just turned 26 and wasn't as expensive.

My guess is after the Chiefs signed Anthony Hitchens to that ridiculous contract he wanted somewhere between 8.5-9 million per year.  He was great last year, no doubt about it, but, just as I said above, not only is Williamson as good, if not better, he's younger and more consistent.  I don't care how good of a year Davis had.  You don't give a 30 year old ILB that type of money.

Macc seems to have created some super good contract numbers to hand out this time around. I also loved Bridgewater’s number for one year and thought Johnson wasn’t too shabby compared to Butler’s number. McCown’s 10 million I question.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

When you look at the 15 million per year for Trumaine Johnson and compare it to what top tier CBs are making right now, it really isn't all that bad.  When you have the kind of CAP space that we do, you can afford to pay the extra 2-3 million per year to sign a premium player who, by all metrics, was the number 1 CB available.  Plus, I'm sure when the full contract details come out, we're going to see some team friendly structure and terms.

Again, getting to McCown and Bridgewater, we can't really know until the final details come out.  However after seeing some info out on Twitter and visiting Over The Cap, it looks like McCown basically signed a 1 year, 6 million dollar deal with incentives that can earn him a lot more money (likely some he won't even come close to hitting if he starts).  Bridgewater signed up for basically the same type of deal, except the ceiling on what he can earn this year is much lower.  However, the biggest and most obvious difference between the two guys is that Teddy can actually parlay that into a really nice long term deal if he wins the starting job and plays exceptionally well.  Josh is, obviously, on his last legs in the league.

All in all, I was ready to lose my sh*t entirely yesterday...but now I'm sitting here pretty happy with the start to our off-season.  That said, I'm not satisfied just yet.  I want to see some more pieces added, particularly at Center and CB2 and I still want a QB in the first.  No excuses as to why neither of those things can't be done given our financial and draft resources.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I need a Center and CB2 before I get too overjoyed. Definitely not satisfied yet, but definitely have taken steps away from the ledge. Lots of people are still saying our rookie(if we get one) will sit behind McCown/Teddy the whole year as well. I honestly don’t think that’s true. If the player is Rosen or Mayfield, I believe they make a strong push for starter the first year out. Don’t know how that will look on a final depth chart come September, but I think people mistake Hack/Petty’s failure to move up the chart as the standard for any young QB on a Jet roster. How do you feel about that situation? Do you think there is a possibility we can see a rookie play this year? I think it’s a iffy situation and the only situation I came away kinda feeling confused about.

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Long is a JAG. FACK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sure is! Look at his PFF. He grades out no better than Wesley Johnson.

A2B107FA-CA9E-4A5C-9161-7B11FFC73EF1.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TnT said:

DaQuan Jones would be a really good look

You’re telling me! I would love this one. 26 years old with upside .. creates defensive chemistry because of his Titan ties aligning with the Williamson signing.

2E1CFA94-698C-47C9-8E35-920F02EFBF0A.jpeg

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company