joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Just now, Pcola said:

I agree with you.  But what we have done to our defense with the possibilities of adding Mathieu and Chubbs would be ridiculous.  We wouldn’t be asking whoever played QB for us to throw it more than 20 times.  That could play into Jackson’s strengths.

but at some point you need your qb to win games with his arm.  i don't want another game manager with limitations and i doubt mccagnan does either.

Just now, Pcola said:

Not really, we would be getting Mayfield or Chubb. Sign me up for either.

Two things to make this draft good for the Jets:

Get Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Chubb, or Barkley and make sure Buffalo doesn’t get Rosen.

picking chubb would NOT go over well in this market.  mccagnan's competency would really be questioned.  you'd hear reports that the johnsons are livid.  

Just now, Dcat said:
  • both our 2nd rounders (#37 & 49) have combined draft chart value of 940, equivalent to pick 17 or 18 in round 1.
  • our earlier 2nd rounder (#37) + 3rd round (#72) have a combined draft chart value of 760, equivalent to pick 23 in round 1.
  • our later 2nd rounder (#49) + 3rd round (#72) have a combined draft chart value of 640, equivalent to pick #29 in round 1.
  • for Sh*ts & giggles, both 2nd rounders + the 3rd rounders have a combined draft chart value of 1,170, equivalent to pick 13 in round 1.

If all 4 QBs are gone at #6 but Chubb anbd/or Barkley are there, I take one of those and use some combination of 2 of the other 3 to move up and get whatever the best remaining prospect is, I assume Jackson.  Or no trade and hold your breath that Lauletta will be there or White.  New England might grab a QB to replace Garopollo, so we'd need to be in front of them.

here's the problem i have with this.  the reason he'd be in this predicament is b/c he was too cheap to trade up for a better qb. now he's going to tank the rest of his draft for an inferior one?  it's negligence.

6 minutes ago, Pcola said:

The fans can moan and groan until the Jets start winning games by being defensively dominant.  

I was one of the many that complained last year.  Once we started winning games, there weren’t as many people complaining.  

Yes, we need to focus on the offensive side of the ball.  But taking the head and shoulders best pass rusher would be completely acceptable.  

So in one offseason, we would have been able to set the D up with our #1 CB, def playmaker (if we can get Mathieu) and our pass rusher.

We wouldn’t have had to give up anything from next year’s draft so we could then focus on a complete OL rebuild and adding skill players.

Chubb and Jackson would be so much better than trading a ton of picks and getting Allen.  Probably Mayfield too.

THIS is the year to fix the offense, with a top 6 pick in round 1 and 2 good 2nd rounders and a high 3rd rounder.  this franchise can't keep deferring offense until the universe is aligned and the qb falls to us.

Just now, Dcat said:

Worth it for the chance we get our QB at 6 ewithout having to trade anything.  Chances are that one of the top 4 fall to #6 and we won't have to trade doodoo to get our QB at #6 and still have 3 picks in the next 2 rounds.  That would be GOLD, Jerry.

Or we trade up giving up some combination of our pair of 2's and the 3 and perhaps a 2019 and we lose the rest of the draft anyway.  

The only problem with waiting to 6 is that the chances are the only one left is Allen and he's the one that I fear the most of them.

and you still have the issue of drafting a qb who needs work and if he played in 2018 would be more of a gimmick.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Exactly, if Mac trades up it better be from 6 and not from the second round.  If you’re giving up picks,  give them up for a premium pick.  Otherwise just take Jackson at 6 and keep the rest of your draft intact.  

he's got some work to do.  i can't see them drafting allen, it would cost him his job.  it's mayfield or rosen, whoever makes it to 3, or he's playing with fire.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Look, I would despise Mac for drafting Jackson at 6, and Mayfield for that matter.  IMO there are two QBs to target and trade up for.  Darnold and Rosen. If one of those 2 are available at 3, Mac needs to get to 3 no if ands or buts.  

it gets murkier if the discussion is about trading up for mayfield.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They just botched on their effort to get Norwell. They settled for a new aging LT and still have plenty of holes to fill come April. Gettleman has said countless times(and I believe him) that he thinks Eli has 2-3 years left in him and it was the O-line and major WR injuries which resulted in their season. Giants can afford to take Falk in the 2nd round and trade down to fill holes in their O-line(a very heavy Guard/Center draft at that,perfect time) while still taking Nelson or someone impactful to help Eli right now. They aren’t getting a QB at 2 just to sit him. Gettleman comments were “you only take a QB at 2 if he is going to be a Hall of Famer” they aren’t convinced these QB’s will be that. The writing is on the wall.

this is why it makes too much sense for buffalo to move to #2 and take rosen.  

if denver takes chubb or minkah, the jets will get mayfield.  i think denver won't wind up taking a qb if they can't have rosen or darnold, b/c elway needs to add an impact player now.  but if mccagnan really wants mayfield, waiting that out could cost him his job.

3 minutes ago, King P said:
ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

Former Seahawks’ and Jets’ DT Sheldon Richardson reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, per source.

3:01 PM - 16 Mar 2018

they can both reminisce about their day(s) with the jets.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

It’s gonna be hilarious when the Vikings don’t even get close to the super bowl. 

what does cousins care, he's guaranteed $80+ million.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

While I succumbed to the honey badger mania, now that the dust has settled, I realize he was over hyped (the contract he signed is proof of that) and the Jets have already addressed the secondary with drafting two safeties last season and signing both starting CBs this free agent period along with a back up safety. The secondary is complete. They are, and should be, spending time on other areas where they have real needs.

Exactly.  The defense needs pass rushers now, that's pretty much it.  The focus is finally going to turn to offense, and i think mccags is saving cap space for after the draft and TC when he can see what qb he added and how much draft capital he had to spend to get one.  

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Luckily there are 0.0 pass rushers left in FA and Macagnan neglected the offense again as we have donut at WR and TE

With enunwa returning you have your starting 3 wrs along with Hansen.  TE needs an upgrade and I expect them to draft one.  But this draft is all about qb.  I'm not upset if they don't fill every single need.  

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Enunwa just had a potentially career threatening neck injury asking him to survive a 16 game schedule as the #1 WR is asking a lot 

DOnt be shocked if Q and Bridgewater are both on IR by week 10

Anderson came out of nowhere.  Decent wrs can be found.  Decent qbs are much harder.  I'm really not that concerned about the wrs right now when we have no qb.  If they can get the qb position solidified, then if the worst case is that next offseason they make wr a priority, I'm ok with this.  

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Big Picture.

Brian Costello whining today Cousins turned down NY. What he and many others are not getting is the hassle and cost of NY aren't worth it. And the rest of things are homogenized anyway. Once you go out into the vast middle of the country, it's all the same. Kevin Durant, Leborn James and Peyton manning became cultural icons in OKC, Cleveland and Indianapolis. 

Myopic beat writer who has no inside info and thus nothing to write about.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if Macc would undo the Bridgewater signing (if he could) in light of the trade to #3.   It wouldn't be McCown because we need someone to start in case the rookie QB isn't ready and it would be crazy to rely on Bridgewater at the moment.  (I'm not saying he won't possibly be good, just that we can't count on him due to the injury).

They could pull a Baltimore and fail his physical.  The ravens just got out of a bad deal for a FA wr and signed Crabtree.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company